Episode Ideas: Wish Lists and Fantasies

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by redanemone, May 12, 2010.

1. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

^^ Probably about the same as Togo and Szmanda. Now that I'd really love to see!!! They'd be freaking hilarious!!! I've always, always wanted to see them on my screen together! *sigh* But to throw AJ in as well... now that would be a hoot! They're awesome.

We need an episode where somehow, all the cast from all the shows interact. Would be freaking amazing, but it wouldn't work though... I'm not sure the Vegas cast likes the Spin off's any better these days... (could be wrong!), but yeah!

Everyone has such a great ideas.. how about a fan written episode. LOL!

2. Propto

Propto Dead on Arrival

I want to see the team gathering at a room to discuss a case while have lunch.

Well, I never see something like this from Miami.

3. Propto

Propto Dead on Arrival

I want to see the team gathering at a room to discuss a case while have lunch.

Well, I never see something like this from Miami.

edit: sorry I'm double posting, anyone know how to delete a post?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  4. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

Like the suggestion. It has long annoyed me that Miami doesn't show anyone stopping for a lunch or even a cup of coffee. I don't think I've seen H eat anything since season 1! The original CSI often showed them conferring over dinner or breakfast and I often found them to be the most endearing moments of the show.

5. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

How about another funny episode like "Curse of the Coffin," where we get to see the lighter side of the whole team, including Horatio? I miss those banters and cute moments between the team. I also like the idea of the team gathering in the break room during a lunch break - just to reaffirm that, yes, even CSIs need some protein to fight crime. :)

How about bringing Cal's dad back. (I know she's got a lot of storylines lately, but that was one of my favs.) As long as it involves the whole team, please ...

Hmm... and how about Ryan's family life? We know from Season 3 that he has an uncle who cracked safes, but that's it. Let's have a good "getting to know Ryan" episode - I mean, I feel like we know more about Jesse at this point! Oh well... we'll see!

6. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I agree it would be nice to see a lighter episode. The problem is that this team doesn't seem to be connected any longer so I'm not sure they could sell the "banter and cute moments." I'll never believe that Eric and Ryan, Calleigh and Ryan or Horatio and Calleigh are connected in any way but strictly business and when they "try" to make me believe these characters care about each other, it falls flat for me. Too much damage has been done for me to believe the Eric cares about Ryan in any way. Calleigh has fallen in line with Eric in how she treats Ryan and has extended it to others. Horatio and Calleigh are horrible to watch.

I LOVED Calleigh's dad and enjoyed every single appearance he made. That said, Calleigh has just dominated too much in the past 4 seasons. I just can't see my way into wanting more for her when the other characters have been so woefully neglected.

Calleigh's had more than her fair share of time. It's someone elses turn.

Ryan, Natalia and Frank all have much more left to tell. While there has been a significate focus already on Horatio, there are a lot of sincerely interesting storylines for Horatio that were dropped and could very easily be revisited.

7. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

I agree. They really need lighter episodes. They've turned to strictly-buisness ones.

8. Adamsgirl

Adamsgirl Dead on Arrival

The show seriously needs some advisers. FAN advisors. An unbiased fan, someone that knows the show inside out, knows the characters inside out and knows every storyline that has featured throughout the 8 seasons and they should openly advertise the position. This of course is all wishful thinking!

They need to look at those early seasons and learn from them. Those seasons were the most popular for a damn good reason. Who decided to make Miami the spin off to have each case be solved in 8 hours? Who decided that Horatio would NEVER be injured or even have any dirt on him? Heroes get injured, is a tiny scratch even too much to ask for?! Who decided that the CSIs would no longer wear an investigation uniform during those “messy cases”? Who decided that Miami would no longer feature “regular” folk as their victims? Who decided to introduce those god awful “futuristic computers”?

So many changes need to be made in my eyes. People may think “well why are you still watching?” I’m waiting to see, once again that spark that made me fall in love with the show in the beginning. Completely strip the show back, get rid of the large amount of unneeded “glamour”, introduce more teamwork, humor, real emotion not the sometimes robotic performances (extras included), downtime, cases that are NOT solved in hours. An episode can be stretched out as proved with the first two seasons. I want me show back, not ashamed to admit that.

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

The show doesn't even have unbiased writers,where would they find an unbiased fan?
    Granted,there are fans that know the show inside and out,better than the current crop of writers.
    The writers seriously need to take a look at earlier seasons where there was team work,humor and less character driven drama.

10. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

Honestly, I would like for Natalia to walk like an adult, or like a CSI. I mean, not like CSI-tomboyish or anything. I find it cute the way she walks, then it might seem cute if she was still a 10-year old school girl. Walking with her elbows and knees looking like they're locked in. Sorry I just notice that.

11. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

Also, make the dialogues, especially the present scenes, LOUDER than the flashbacks and gunshots!!!

12. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

Now that I think about it, I really miss the QD girl! I loved how she always had an answer and seemed to do the work. Not just running things in a computer. And the way she presented her information always made her sound like an actual lab tech.

13. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

My usual complaints about long-running series, esp. one or two medical ones which shall be nameless, is that there is far too much personal stuff and not enough about the work. However, Miami has gone the opposite way. Please can we see some of them go home, once in a while, eat or drink something, once in while (believe actors don't like doing this, but, what the hell, they can pretend!), and can we please see some of the weaknesses/background traumas that are hinted at, actually appear to have some effect. And please can we hurt H, just once, pleeeease?

I agree about Ryan - he's changed a lot, but we don't know much about him and his character. And I'd really like to see Yelina again, and get her and her brother-in-law into bed.

I'd like H to get more screen time. I think there's considerably less than there used to be. Mind you, I think that's true of the other CSI series leads. It's probably a matter of economics. I imagine DC costs considerably more in 2010 than in 2002. (I'd pay - but we're getting into fantasy realms now, so I'll stop.)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  14. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

My hope/wish for this season is that Adam doesn't have to wear those flowery shirts.
    In fact, could we change the entire dress code while we are at it? To me its old and boring.

15. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

i agree. there're really so much they've missed. also i prefer to see both H and Ryan working side by side often. i think they looks good together solving cases.

another thing what's bothering me is same ol' dresscode. i've never got that, i mean how you're supposed to work in so much clothes in mean-to-be hot climate? i don't know just guessing at place where they're filming its not too hot but i think in miami it is.
    i never got how Calleigh or H or even Ryan could work out in hot sun in suits or black clothes.