The Off-Topic Thread.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by GreenCourage, Jun 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Yep,here 18,you're of age then.
    You've to be 18 to get a driving licence too.

2. CSIannalysse

CSIannalysse CSI Level Two

In England you can be:

In a bar at 14.
    Allowed someone to buy you a drink at 16.
    Allowed to purchase alcohol and consume it at 18.

What is the average age when you're allowed to smoke? Here it is 16.

3. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

So someone could buy you a drink at 16 but you can't consume it until you're 18? :lol:
    2 years with it in your hand without drinking it?That's weird. :eek: :lol:

4. meshellb2001

meshellb2001 Lab Technician

In the states its 21 to drink, 18 to buy cigarettes and 16 to drive if your in school, if you drop out of school its 18.

5. dittohead

dittohead CSI Level One

most of europe? its 16

6. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Doh, in Finland it's 18. And in Sweden I think it's 20.
    And you cannot buy anything stronger than 22% until you turn 20.

I was so sad in a store today. You know that there's all kinds of team stuff now that Football World Cup is this year. And of course I drag my ass to men's clothes or sports section. And they had these pretty orange jackets where read "Netherlands" on the back and the logo in front. And smallest size was L :( Of course some stupid France and Brazil had smaller sizes.
    Then there was t-shirts, England and Holland but didn't look so cool :( And those weren't even so expensive.

7. draig_goch

draig_goch Lab Technician

in UK its 18! but if your like me 16 and not asked for ID you can get away with drinking beer and taquilla all night thats what i did last night (I have havee only just woken up at 2:00) I love sleeping i once sleeped for 48hours when my mum went away she went away on the thursday night and she came back on saturday night and I said why are you back its friday morning and she said no its saturday night, so i replied with i had better go to bed then lol :lol: I Love sleeping

8. lilbug

lilbug CSI Level Two

Thanks everyone! PSshhh.. It sucks over here because it's 21.. Oh well! I'll wait. Wine is pretty good though. I've just had a weee bit, more like a couple of sips.

9. IeatEvidence

IeatEvidence Prime Suspect

I live in right near the canadian border and all the teenagers (who have turned 19) go to canada to drink instead of having to wait till they turn 21.

10. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I've forgotten to say that 16-18,depends of the local legislation,is the age to buy alcohol,nothing about consuming it.

And,hey,teens in this forum:don't drink alcohol,getting drunk is not funny;don't smoke,lung cancer is not funny either and don't take drugs,detox in the Betty Ford is too expensive. ;)

11. draig_goch

ha ha very funny Hormiga, I hate beeing drunk i prefer beeing merry but keeping an eye on my mates who for some reason get absolutely smashed there crazy, lilbug what wine did you have Red White or Rose

12. wibble

wibble Corpse

I may have told this before, but I remember I went to pub a couple of years ago with a friend who was 20 at the time, and is taller than me (she's about 5' 10").

She went to the bar to order drinks. When she came back, I was shocked when she told me she was asked for ID :lol: :lol: I think she was a bit insulted :lol: (legal drinking age here is 18).

13. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I went to a pub last night, because my bro forgot his phone in the car and I said I'll bring it to him. I thought "I think I get in" and left my wallet in the car and holding carkeys, the man looks at me and says "hey,you have your ID?" I look at him few secs, scratch my face with carkeys and say "uh, in the car" and turn around, get my wallet :lol:

My sister laughed so hard and said she should have yelled to man so he'd let me in. I'm not a reg there so he didn't recognise me :lol:

14. draig_goch

I dont know why i dont get asked for ID i really dont i look 16/17 my age. Its strange. I love welsh pubs the atmosphere is great were singing and laughing

15. dittohead

dittohead CSI Level One

i always get ID-ed
    a im not white :p
    b im short
    c im sexy! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.