Season 7 Spoiler Discussion - Welcome back to the Big Apple!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Here's a shiny new thread to post spoilers and discussion for season seven. Make sure you bring over anything else for the new season so any newcomers (or oldcomers who haven't been around in a while ;)) can find the information easily. :D

7.01 "The 34th Floor":
    ~ It has been at least three months since the finale.

~ There is no mention of Stella in the spoilers, but I'm sure they'll explain everything in the episode itself. :)

~ Lindsay shot Shane - she is in her last session of department mandated therapy in the premiere. She also received a medal for her actions. The therapist, Dr Johnson, wants her to open up during their last session together because she is concerned about Lindsay, but Lindsay refuses to cry or do whatever else she thinks Dr Johnson expects from her. She loses her temper a bit when Dr Johnson says she wants Lindsay to keep coming to therapy, and she points out that Lindsay is more angry now. Dr Johnson also says that she really knows nothing about Lindsay despite spending three months in sessions together. Lindsay leaves when the session is over, throwing the medal in the trash.

~ It looks like Sela Ward's character is named Jo. She teases Adam at one point and has a bit of (what appears to be) friendly rivalry with Mac later on, when they both want to prove something about the investigation. (I say 'appears to be' because I can't tell for sure - but I don't think there's any animosity between them. :))

~ The case itself involves a dead intern found in an architectural firm on the 34th floor of the building - just one floor below the crime lab. The intern's boss was also attacked on the street less than an hour later, but he survived. He says he didn't know his attacker and that the attack was probably unrelated. He's convinced that it was just a mugging gone wrong.

~ Adam seems certain that his days are numbered at the lab - Lindsay comes to see him about some evidence, and he tells her she might want to stay clear of him so she isn't guilty by association. I believe Jo teased him about having some sort of 'file' on him, and he's worried that it's true. :p

~ I see everybody present except for Sid and (obviously) Stella. That doesn't mean he (or she) definitely won't be in the premiere, but I thought I'd point it out.

~ I saw nothing between Danny and Lindsay, but I'm sure there will be some sort of scene after the therapy session. :)

Is it September 24th yet? :p

2. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Again? Too many things to happen I guess that's why the resolution to the cliffhanger seems to be sacrificed for the benefit of introducing Sela's character, the crime to be solved, and maybe explaining Stella's exit.

Hardly a surprise but I want to know its impact on Lindsay. It's about time to make her character more interesting.

But I doubt he'll be leaving - maybe the lab for the field! Good for him! :thumbsup:

Sela's character with Adam - wow, I can't wait! Reminds me of Stella and Adam. The rest looks great! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  3. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I hate how with he cliff hangers months get skipped. Lindsay had to go to therapy for shooting Shane for three months? Interesting. I'll admit I didn't see that coming - I hope there's some sort of flashback (like there was in Epilogue) of the shooting.

There's an architectural firm under the crime lab?

4. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

It seems that Lindsay is going to get an interesting storyline with the therapist.
    First episode sounds promising.I am anxiously waiting to see Sela Ward's character too.

5. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Thanks a lot for spoil Fay.

I hope we'll have more information about departure's Stella in the premiere episode.

6. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Well, no surprise that Lindsay shot Shane, why make a cliffhanger of that? :rolleyes:
    But Lindsay and her reluctance to cooperate with her therapist- that sounds like something. I hope they won´t drop this story too soon again, like two, three episodes later Lindsay will have recovered miraculously and is her old self.

Jo sounds like a nice character and the case? Well, we´ll have to see...

7. cposoares

cposoares Civilian

Hey, I´m new here,

Thanks for the spoilers

I was reading about the first episode and I was trying to understand why Lindsay had to make therapy. It didn´t hapen to Flack or any other in the same situation.
    Maybe something hapened with Lucy when she shoots Casey?

Sorry about my English!

8. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Thanks Perlnoir & Fay :)

...otaaaaaay... (wee :shifty: sigh)

Surprise.

Glad we missed most of that.

...I'm feeling a tad queasy here... :lol:

Oh Yay. AngryPTSDLindsay. Joy. Guess we're not gonna be able to by pass some Lindsay Dramz.

OK, OK, alright. *Ahem.* "Mebbe This Go At Such Material Will Be Better." "And it is a direct way to address the Casey bruha in the DL apt." "And set up further revisitation of it." "And residual impact of it." "And it will give a chance for Lindsay to get some material." "And - " - ...sod it. WhereTF is Danny...? :lol:

sigh. ...damnation :lol:

Sounds promising. Welcome Jo. (Congrats on a non-obscure-for-the-sake-of-it name too). Diving right into new dynamics. Potentially Feelinks Vs Connekted even.

Holy F*ck :eek::guffaw: Dang, man, I was right....!?!?!!! Ridiculous :lol:

Well. Partly. In a wee tiny small way. :lol: I was mid reply to Perlnoir's nugget when Fay opened this thread up. Along the lines of wondering

"Within their building, isn't the 34th floor where the labs are? Or was that 35? Think it was 35. Dang. Ah well :p. Another allusion crushed :lol:."

My allusions yet live. Too funny.

...Again? But Hmmm on something he doesn't want to come to light...:p Glad he's getting some sort of story anyways.

Hope Sid's there.

OK. So. Could be good-

(Uh oh. Lord I hope they don't have Adam's secret be he slept with Stella :lol: nor have that the reason she's no longer there... :shifty:. Can't see as they would, seeing as DL are married colleagues yada, and Stella's already long gone, and Adam was subordinate anyways... :lol:).

At least 3 months later, huh? (I guess Lucy will be, what, eleven now? :p)

Well. I'd thought they might still address Casey more directly, ie. in the same tense as the finale. Guess not. But I think how they're starting could make sense. I think most had probably read the finale as that Casey would be the one be shot, and that it would be Lindsay to do so. So why not skip over the presumed given in favor of the aftermath, which will now include Stella's departure, and let the new character speak for herself by already being in full swing work mode.

Looking forward to it :).

Hi & welcome :).

Often a cop is mandated to undergo counselling after being involved in a shoot. That seems to be indicated by the phrasing in the spoilers. Having that whole Casey incident played out in their own home with a young child as well, that would certainly be reasonable. Danny might also be undergoing counselling for the trauma of it, who knows. But as the shooter Lindsay certainly would.

With Flack, I don't think anyone knew in an official capacity that he shot the guy (in Pay Up). Other instances where characters have been involved with fatal shootings weren't really mined for that sort of material. Not that was addressed onscreen anyways. (Except mebbe On The Job? Don't really recall).

But it is possible that something did happen with Lucy. Guess we'll see.

(PS. your English is great :))

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yay for spoilers--thanks, Fay! :D

The time jump is annoying, but my guess is this is necessary to explain Stella's absence. I hope that if Melina had not decided to leave the show, there actually would have been an immediate follow up. Hope, but don't expect that there would have. ;)

A mixed bag. I'm glad Lindsay is the one who shot Shane, but do we seriously need her to have Issues over it? I mean, she's a CSI, and in NY CSIs are cops. Presumably she knows a thing or two about shooting a gun and has certainly aimed one at a suspect before. If it was Danny who had fired the gun, you know he wouldn't have PTSD. :rolleyes: Realistically, it's Danny who should have PTSD anyway, since he's the one who Shane came after, who had to fight Shane up in the lighthouse, and who Shane aimed the gun at.

Cool, I'm curious about her character!

Meh, hasn't Adam worried about his job enough? It's kind of getting old. First he was threatened by Kendall, then nearly pink-slipped, then he felt threatened by Haylen... we get it! Adam is insecure. Something new perhaps?

I am looking forward to seeing how Sela Ward's character shakes up the dynamic of the show, and I think it's cool that Lindsay shot Shane. I just hope her deal is that she doesn't actually have issues with it, that she thinks she did the right thing. I'm curious about her anger, so long as it doesn't end in weepy Lindsay. God, I'm still haunted by the horror that was Anna Belknap trying to fake tears in "Silent Night."

Also, this made me laugh:

Welcome to the club, Dr. J! :lol:

Welcome to the forum, cposoares! :D

That's what annoys me most about it. It's because OMG Lindsay is a woman, and therefore can't be okay with the fact that she shot someone, even though the guy was a serial killer who was threatening her husband and child. :rolleyes: Whereas if a guy is the one doing the shooting/protecting, he's just fine.

I like this show, but sometimes the blatant sexism really annoys me.

10. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I'm fairly certain after On The Job Danny was sent to see the department psychiatrist - although I think it was one session, no three months worth.

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Only Lindsay would have trouble after doing her damn job and get a medal for doing her damn job. :rolleyes: Although if the trouble with the shooting involves her worrying about their jobs threatening Lucy then I could get on board with that.

I'm also completely over Adam being afraid for his job. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt.

I'm super excited to see what Sela Ward's character brings to the party. :)

ETA: Danny had to go to a therapist because he mistakenly shot a cop. He didn't shoot a known serial killer who was threatening the lives of two other people - one a baby- at the time. I think there's a big difference there.

12. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

Lindsay getting a medal? Is that for real? :eek:
    I guess though she would need the counseling since she was worried about something happening to her or Danny in the final.

I'm disappointed that it's picking up 3 months afterwards but it's not surprising given the circumstances.

My hopes also dropped that Sela Ward will be introduced slowly and Stella's departure would be dealt with properly. :p It sounds like it'll be back to business as usual, just with SW in place of MK. :(
    Maybe Adam could crack up something about Stella every now and then.

And I agree, him worrying gets sort of old.

13. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

Why they gave Lindsay a medal? For what? :rolleyes: She wasn't even on an op. She was at home, sleeping, then saw a villain who was threatening her daughter and husband, and shot him. Her action might be brave, but is it that praiseworthy? This show is getting more and more ridiculous.

14. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Lindsay getting a medal is pretty absurd. She basically shot a home intruder. But I'm guessing that it's because it's Shane Casey, and the city is figuring he's better off dead since they can't seem to manage to keep him in jail.

15. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Ok the first episode sounds quite interesting. I will handle as long as we have bizarre Lindsay because bizarre Lindsay sounds more interesting than the ever perfect-character-csi-cop-fist-mom of the show :D

Lindsay shot Casey? Really? RIP SHANE:cardie: :vulcan::cardie:

I think it's a good idea 3 months have passed because it saves us from dramaz moments I wouldn't want to watch. Really:p

It sounds very interesting those meetings between Lindsay and her therapist:p
    When last season finished some people said Danny's situation would have been a great chance for Lindsay to be upset and yadda, yadda, yadda

I disagreed because i felt Danny had a lot to deal with just to add to the combo an angry wife :rolleyes:
    I mean it hadn't had any sense to have "supportive wife" and "angry wife" in the same episode at least you would have talked about the XXI century version of Dr Jekyl and Mr Hide:lol:

This is different because she shot Shane and she has been under treatment ever since. It could provide her of material to work with

MEDAL? :eek:WTF?:eek: for doing...her job?:eek::lol:

Dear .........., (i Dunno who is in charge of this episode)
    Don't take that glass. It's not a Pepsi. It's a Margarita:guffaw:eek:r a Bloody Mary, or a Margarita, Bloody Mary and a Sex on the beach all together:guffaw:

50% love

Déb;)

(I am saying this because several members of the team have been under fire and saved the day and not medal was given to them :D )

ps1 Sela is Jo?:thumbsup: She looks like a Jo;) Good

ps2 Adam losing his job? Who dares?????:scream:

ps3 My Stella:(:(:( I better don't start :(

Conclusion: the episode looks interesting:bolian:. If they keep Danny away from Lindsay, she will have a chance of development. But knowing the fascination ALL writers feel for DL i doubt we are gonna enjoy any more than 5 minutes without having the vomitive circus again:vulcan:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.