Celebrity News P2

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, May 9, 2010.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

*Ringo Starr with a little help from his friends, celebrated his 70th birthday in New York with a global "Peace and Love" moment. Starr led the salute Wednesday in Times Square to throngs of specatators looking to catch a glimpse of the legendary BEATLE. He told the crowd that being in New York was a "magical moment in 1964, and it's still a magical moment" Starr wants people from every part of the globe to say "Peace and Love" at noon everyday by word, e-mail, or any form of communication. OK Ringo wow, he's 70:wtf:

NEWS SERVICES~

2. Desertwind

*"Despicable Me" wasn't such a bad guy after all, it seems, opening at the top of the box office with an estimated $60.1 million. The first 3-D animated movie from Universal Pictures stars Steve Carell as the voice of Gru, a bumbling villian with plans to steal the moon-until three adorable orphan girls enter his life. Jason Siegel, Russell Brand and Julie Andrews are among the star-studded voice cast. This week's other new wide release "PREDATORS" grossed $25.3 million to open at No. 3. A sequel of sorts to the 1987 sci-fi cult classic "Predator", the 20th Century Fox film stars Adrien Brody and Laurence Fishburne:bolian: as mercenaries stalked by alien hunters in the jungle. Meanwhile last week's juggernaut "The Twilight Saga:Eclipse fell to 2nd place with $33.35 million. The 3rd film in the wildly popular vampire franchise has now made $237 million, in it's first 12 days. It's expects to surpass "The Twilight Saga:New Moon", which grossed $296.6 million whne it came out last year~

NEWS SERVICES~

3. Anna P

Anna P Witness

4. Desertwind

Some guys look good with beards and facial hair, some don't, Brad doesn't:( He's cuter without the face hair, my opinion~

*Barbara Walters says she is "fully recovered", just two months after her open heart surgery. Walters made her first TV apperance Monday since the procedure in May to replace a faulty valve. she checked in with the panelists on "ABC's" "The View". The 80-year:eek: old Walters will take the rest of the summer off.~

*Carlos Santana is smooth. The guitar god has gotten engaged after proposing onstage to his girlfriend durmmer Cindy Blackman. The proposal came during a tour stop Friday in Tinley Park, ILL., outside Chicago. His representatives say he popped the question four songs into the concert. He ended his 34-year marriage to Deborah Santana in 2007~

NEWS SERVICES~

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

TvGuide Online: Craig Ferguson, Wife Expecting Child

The Late Late Show host Craig Ferguson is expecting his first child with wife Megan Wallace.

Ferguson, 48, took to Twitter on Wednesday to announce the big news. "Holy crackers! Mrs F is pregnant. How did that happen? ... Oh yeah, I know how. Another Ferguson arrives in 2011. The world trembles."

The late-night host, who married Wallace in December 2008, has a 9-year-old son from a previous marriage.
    Reps for Ferguson did not immediately respond to TVGuide.com's request for comment.

TvGuide Online: Report: Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston Engaged

Kathy Griffin must be heartbroken.

Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston are engaged, a fact they kept secret from Bristol's mom, former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, according to Us Magazine.

"We got engaged two weeks ago," Bristol, 19, says in the article. "It felt right, even though we don't have the approval of our parents."

The couple, who appears on the cover of the magazine with their 18-month-old son Tripp, called off their engagement two weeks after the baby's birth in December 2008. They rekindled their romance three months ago while working out a custody plan, reports Us.

"I really thought we were over," Johnston, 20, says. "So when I went, I had no hope. I think we both just started talking — and then we took Tripp for a walk."

"When he left that night, we didn't hug or kiss, but I was thinking how different it was. He texted me: 'I miss you. I love you. I want to be with you again' ... I was in shock," Bristol says.

Bristol also wonders how her mother will take the news. "It is intimidating and scary just to think about what her reaction is going to be. Hopefully she will jump on board," Bristol says.

Sarah Palin has since released a statement to NBC News: "Bristol at 19 is now a young adult. We obviously want what's best for our children. Bristol believes in redemption and forgiveness to a degree most of us struggle to put in practice in our daily lives."

Calls and emails to Sarah Palin and Johnston's reps were not immediately returned.

6. Desertwind

*Celine Dion, 42, and her husband Rene Angelil, 68, announced on her web-site that the twins she's expecting in November will be boys. The tots will join big brother Rene-Charles, 9~

* Betty White the veteran actress 88, will be on for the 2nd season of "Hot In Cleveland", which was picked up for S/2~

*Joh Bon Jovi 48, will keep touring after tearing a calf muscle during a July 9 concert~

US WEEKLY~

7. Desertwind

* Leonardo DiCaprio and Christopher Nolan's in "Inception" is anthing but a sleeper as the thriller opened big with $60.4 million and a No. 1 finished at the weekend box office, according to studio estimates Sunday. The Warner Bros. action tale about a team that sneaks into people's dreams is DiCaprio's biggest opening weekend, topping his previous best of $41.1 million for last winter's "Shutter Island". "Inception" falls far short of director Nolan's best though. Nolan is the man who directed the Batman blockbuster "The Dark Knight", which opened over the same weekend two years ago, with a record of $158.4 million. Slipping to second place with $32.7 million was the previous weekend's No. 1 movie Steve Carell's animated hit "Despicable Me". The Universal release raised it's 10-day total to $118.4 million. Disney's family adventure "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" was a dud, opening at No.3 with $17.4 million, lifting it's total to $24.5 million, since premiering Wednesday~

NEWS SERVICES~

8. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

I skimmed through and couldn't find it, but Mel Gibson has had FIVE blow ups at now ex girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva, she recorded all the phone calls for court where she's planning a custody battle, and all five have now leaked online (who knows if there are more..) Appearently this all started when they had a fight, he struck Oksana while she was holding their six(?) month old daughter, who was bruised.

Thought I would post a few..

Here's the 2nd
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJGPLjm-fjo

Here's the 4th (could only find it on PerezHilton, sorry!)
    http://perezhilton.com/2010-07-14-f...o-burn-the-house-down-after-he-gets-a-blowjob

Here's the 5th
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2-0XrmZgDQ

** Listen at your own risk, they're pretty racist/sexist, with a lot of foul language. **

9. Desertwind

Two big superstars both celebrate birthdays today, one a rock legend, MICK JAGGER, who's 67:eek: and a big screen movie star, KEVIN SPACEY, who's 57. Strong LEO men. Happy Birthday to you both:bolian:

*Leonardo DiCaprio's "Inception" has won a battle of superstar action thrillers over Angelina Jolie's movie "Salt" at this weekend box office. "Inception" remained the No.1 movie for the 2nd straight weekend with $43.5 million, according to studio estimates Sunday. The Warner Bros. thriller featuring DiCaprio as leader of a team that sneaks into peoples dreams, raised it's 10-day total to $143.7 million. Sony's spy caper "Salt" debuted a solid No. 2 with $36.5 million. The movie stars Jolie as a CIA operative who goes rogue after she's accused of being a Russian sleeper spy. Coming in at No.3 was Steve Carell's family hit "Despicable Me". The animated comedy raised it's domestic total to $161.7 million~

NEWS SERVICES~

10. Desertwind

*Actress Angelina Jolie, in Tokyo for the weekend opening of action thriller "SALT" brushed off rumors about her supposed "shaky" relations with Brad Pitt. "He was just a wonderful father", she said Tuesday of Pitt, during work on the film, in which she plays a tough spy. "He often brought the children [6] to the set", she recalled. "They played with the fake blood, props, and they found mommy very strange in her different wigs", she said. Pitt and Jolie have been partners since they began a relationship on the 2005 film "Mr. and Mrs. Smith", They together are raising six children. Last week Pitt and Jolie accepted undiscolsed damages in London's High Court to settle a privacy claim against a British tabloid that had reported in January that they were planning to split~

NEWS SERVICES!

11. Desertwind

*Rolling Stone guitarist Ronnie Wood is coming to Ohio with a different kind of solo show, spotlighting his paintings and other art. The Butler Institute of American Art in Youngstown, says the exhibition opening is the first for wood at a major American museum. wood, 63, plans to be at the museum for a recption on the sho'ws opening Sept. 21. Butler chief curator and director Louis Zona describes wood's art style as lively and apperaling. The museums notes that the rocker picked up a paint brush at age 12, before he started playing the guitar. he exhibition includes 30 of wood's paintings, 22 pen-and-pencil drawings and 7 mixed-media works. Some of his paintings from 2007 w/ Billy and Paul~ in Las Vegas;)

BILLY AND RONNIE

PAUL..RONNIE..BILLY

GROUP PHOTO

12. Desertwind

*Actor Andy Griffith has a new role pitching President Barack Obama's health care law to seniors on cable television ad paid for by Medicare. The TV star-whose role as sheriff of Mayberry made him an enduring symbol of small-town American values-he tells seniors that "good things are coming", under the health care overhaul, including free preventive checkups and lower cost prescriptions for Medicare recipients. Polls show that seniors are more skeptical of the health care law than younger peole because Medicare cuts provide much of the financing to expand coverage for the uninsured~

NEWS SERVICES`

13. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

^ Maybe he is still looking out for Opie, since Ron Howard is 56 years old.

14. Desertwind

Dynamo1 your a riot:lol:

*"Inception" the mind bending Warner Bros. thriller starring Leonardo DiCaprio remained the No.1 movie for the 3rd straight weekend with $27.5 million, bringing it's total to $193.3 million, according to studio estimates Sunday. 'Inception" edged out new releases "Dinner For Schmucks" "Cats And Dogs:The Revenge of Kitty Galore" and "Charlie St. Cloud". "Inception" has seeped into the cutral "zeitgeist", said Paul Degarabedian, box office analyst [fun job] for Hollywood.com. "Dinner For Schmucks" the Paramount comedy starring Steve Carell and Paul Rudd as unlikely dining companions, earned $23.3 million in the No.2 position, while "Cats and Dogs" fetched $12.5 million in the No.5 spot. "'Charlie St Cloud", the Universal Pictures, drama starring Zac Efron, debuted at No.6, with $12.1 million~

NEWS SERVICES~

15. Desertwind

*Alicia Keys has married producer Swizz Beatz, with whom she's expecting her first child. A representative for Keys got married on Sunday. The Grammy winner and Beatz-whose real name is Kaseem Dean-announced in May they were engaged. They were wed Saturday at a private ceremony that Deepak Chopra, conducted~

NEWS SERVICES~