New spin-off?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by ComicCollect_NL, Jul 18, 2010.

?

New spin-off for CSI

1. Yeah! Definately!

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Another one? Sounds good!

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Another one? Better not!

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  4. No way! Get lost!

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

With three series currently dominating the TV, will CSI be ready for a new spin-off? Vote!

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

This has been discussed here in that past, including what city it should be based in. My thoughts are: seven days a week = seven CSI series.

3. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I would love to see another CSI on air but I don't think that it is going to happen any time soon.

4. wamdue

wamdue Dead on Arrival

I dont think we need a 4th show

5. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Not now. Maybe after 10+ years a re-launch, when people started to miss CSI or crime shows. A

6. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

With ratings dropping for two of them I don't think there's the demand for a fourth ;)

7. Arkle

Arkle Dead on Arrival

Zuiker has said more than once that while open to a 4th show, he wants to wait until the original has ended, either through cancellation (worst case scenario), or through the actors and production team deciding it's time to wind down (best case, seeing as, though we'd love to see it go on forever, if it has to end, at least let it have a GOOD ending).

Also, prior to CSI NY (which I gave up on after two episodes; seriously Sinise, you were an Oscar nominee, could you try acting as opposed to phoning it in?) he'd said that he wanted to, if CBS would let him, set the then hypothetical 3rd CSI show in either London or Paris. I think that a London show would fly better over here. Especially if they get some Doctor Who people on it.

8. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

a CSI spin-off in Australia..... csi:sydney
    It could be something....
    (I would watch ... already one ;))

9. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

It's nice to hear that there are more people, who are wondering about this option too. Generally spoken, I believe it will be possible to have a fourth installment, if they really want to produce. I think that they won't entitled as CSI. Including the navy's we're invaded by crime scene investigators.

Though, this one strikes my earlier, it would be a nice-to-have to see a CSI International/ CSI Worldwide. A special series that shows differents cities all over the world randomly per episode. How'd you think about this?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  10. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Great concept,but very expensive.I don't think it is going to happen.

11. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

It depends on how it's produced. Filming per location, like a new series. Release it randomly.

12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I think 3 is quite enough. Some of the plots are getting abit old with them, so to add another show to the mix wouldnt be a great idea.

13. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

E.A. Chavez mentioned on facebook, that there'll be a CSI LA? Is that true?

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

There hasn't been anything to suggest there would be a fourth series - it's always possible, but I doubt it. However, I do know there will be a new Law & Order: Los Angeles series this fall. :)

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Personally, I think it's too late in the franchise for a 4th CSI.
    Like someone else suggested, maybe further down the road when all 3 series are finished... then, maybe.

Interesting. They could play it like Criminal Minds where the team is invited in (why? 'cause they're a group of expert investigators unlike no other :p), therefore they're all over the map. Maybe have the cases limited to "special" cases only (serial killers, rapists, etc).