Supernatural #4: STILL No Chick Flick Moments

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Dec 11, 2009.

1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Turns out the Supernatural convention is a block from my office again. Jensen, Jared and Mischa will be there, plus the guy who played the Trickster/Gabriel. Don't think I'm going though. Cons sort of weird me out! :lol:

2. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

:lol: It's not the Con itself ... it's those Buckets of Crazy fans that Supernatural brings out of the dark :lol:

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Exactly. Don't get me wrong, I've been watching this show since the beginning and I know what's going on. I just don't know every nitpicking detail about every item the boys have ever touched, or the particular nuances of every scene committed to memory! :eek:

:lol: Seriously though, god bless 'em. Anyone who helps keep a show on the air is OK by me!

4. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I've just read this spoiler:

Question: Any spoilers on season 6 of Supernatural? —Shira

Ausiello: I hear the show’s fourth episode back — the one directed by Jensen Ackles — will be Bobby-centric and feature a character named Marcy Ward. Described as attractive in a down-to-earth/woman-next-door way, Marcy is a capable homemaker with a crush on her neighbor.

"There's also been talk in the writers' room about how to bring The Trickster (Archangel Gabriel) back."

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Okay, this must be what they were talking about in the chatroom earlier today. I figured that's what it was the way they were talking. :lol: But really, why is there a mystery on how to bring him back to life? It's quite easy because they have a lot of options. Option A- It wasn't the real arch angel sword that Luci stabbed him with and Gabe was pulling a fast one on ol' Luci. Option B- Kali brings Gabe back to life with her powers. Option C- God brings Gabe back to life like he did Cas. What's so difficult about that? Or does it mean they're just discussing which one of these options is the best? :lol: Whatever it is, as long as Gabe is on Team Free Will and back and alive and awesome, I'm happy... but I really want some nice Cas/Gabe brotherly bonding moments too. I've always wanted these two to be like Dean/Sam. :)

Edited to say: I watched "I Believe The Children Are Our Future" again last night. The scene with Cas and the whoopie cushion just had me laughing so hard. "That wasn't me". :guffaw:

Nikki, your banner. :lol: I love it. I can't even remember why Simon made that expression, but adding it with Cas is just brilliant. :)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  6. kittydu

kittydu Hit and Run

Im so looking foward to see the episode where jensen is the director !! I think he is going to do a great job !! :)

7. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Ausiello has interviewed Eric Kripke about stepping down as show runner and season 6, be aware they're are some spoilers :)

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/15/supernatural-season-6-spoilers/

and

Question: Supernatural spoilers seem to be few and far between. Any chance you have any new ones to share with us? —Judy

Season 6 will revolve around Dean’s new life as loving husband to Lisa and doting father to Ben. I kid! I made a funny! :rolleyes:

Here’s the real answer to your question: Despite the domestic situation Dean found himself in at the end of last season, exec producer Eric Kripke assures me that Supernatural will continue to be about the Winchester brothers “on the road together.” That said, Kripke confirms that “Dean’s situation creates all sorts of angst and conflict. The question [we'll be] exploring is, How can you be a hunter when there are actually people that you care about? I think we will mine it for all of the emotional angst and conflict that we can. But [Lisa] is not — nor is anyone — going to be riding in the backseat of the Impala with Sam or Dean.

8. GregNickRyanFan

Ugh! I'm so annoyed by how the writers seem to be shoving this pairing down our throats! If it had been a natural progression as a relationship should be, it wouldn't be a problem. But I'm still aggrivated that he didn't seem to think about her for several years and then all of a sudden they're writing it like she's his end game... and oh guess what? She's waited for him for all of these years on the small chance that some guy she had a weekend fling with umpteenth years ago will come back and sweep her off her feet and be a doting father to her son. Give me a break! As a woman, I find the way she was written highly insulting to be honest. I mean if he'd been a guy she'd been dating all throughout high school it would be a little different, but a weekend fling? No. It's just unrealistic.

I think the dilema will come in the first ep when Dean is first asked to go back into hunting. He'll wonder how he can do that when he has people he cares about (Lisa and Ben). My guess is that just like what happened to Sam, it'll happen to Dean (with Lisa probably dying, hopefully the kid will survive though) and this will cause Dean to decide to go back into hunting, just as Jess' death caused Sam to go back into "the family business". The women characters always die on this show anyway... so I'd say that Lisa's days are definitely numbered. You know the only "female" character to survive on this series is the one that Dean calls his "baby". :lol:

9. kittydu

kittydu Hit and Run

thanks for the news !! :D

I almost believe the joke I was like " wth !! " XD

10. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Season 6 Spoilers:

The premise of season 6 is that Sam gets out of hell and automatically goes into hunting because monsters are acting strangely.

Gamble on a long-term female character: "We have a couple female characters who have survived so far this season. I don't think we've had a character who's lived on this show, period. There's a female character we're introducing who's a relative of Sam and Dean's, a Campbell.. we're not delineated by gender. You're deadbeat on Supernatural." oh boy lol

Question about if we'll see Ghostfacers again. Gamble: "It's purely a question of the story being pitched in the right way at the right time. We love them." Kripke: "I'm sure we'll figure it out."

LOL "There's never been a better time to be vampire because victims just fling themselves at you, because they're like 'Twilight' fans."

"As you know vampires are very vicious and kind of ugly and brutal on our show," Gamble tells us. "So they're taking advantage of the fact that girls kind of want Edward Cullen or the brothers on 'The Vampire Diaries.'" Star Jensen Ackles added during the panel discussion, "I'm looking forward to killing some vampires properly. Cut this pastey waify s**t out, and let's just kill some stuff." The name for this episode is supposedly "Live For Or Twihard" :lol:

There will be another Djinn episode ... and even fairies :lol:

Meanwhile, Robert Englund, :)eek: ... this has to be a typo!) who usually plays intimidating and scary roles, will actually be featured in a "fairy" episode. "We have to be very careful - little people will be involved," he revealed. "I'll be on pins and needles until we get our defamation suit out of the way. I see a moment where perhaps the boys have to fight a tiny pinprick of light that is ultimately Tinkerbell."

Sam pulls Dean back into hunting a year after getting out of hell; Dean still has the shotgun but it is put away and now drives a pickup truck. The Impala is in the garage...

Looks interesting ...

11. GregNickRyanFan

That sounds a lot better than the spoilers I read that were supposedly from comic con.
    Edlund said something about Dean having a marriage with Lisa. I hope he means like a common law thing cause legally Dean is still dead and even if he fixed that, he's still on the FBI list or whatever cause they still think he killed people I think. So if he got married, he'd have to do it under a fake name and then the marriage wouldn't be legal.

Also, the ones I saw said that there was going to be a hard reset on Castiel's emotions, meaning a revert back to early Cas where he was not as friendly to the boys. I don't like that one at all. I want the Cas that cares about the boys and considers them his friends. Remember when he told Anna that Sam was his friend? That's the Cas I want. I don't want the Cas that was about the mission from upstairs. Also said that Cas most likely will not show up until episode three (or four) which makes me sad. :lol:

The way the first ep sounded, I may have to skip some scenes all together. A montage of Dean's life with Lisa? Going to bed with her, driving to his construction job, etc? Sounds like one of those irritating nonsense scenes from a soap opera. No thank you. Me thinks I will skip that part.

And I don't care what they say or do or how hard they try to sell it, I still do not buy the whole Dean/Lisa thing because of the way it was written. Something has to be up with that. And I'll deal with Dean being with Lisa if we get to see Dean being a father figure to Ben, but if Ben isn't even gonna be on the show, then I'd rather Lisa not be either. Cause in my mind they are a packaged deal. Someone on one site said they don't trust the Lisa thing. And now that's starting to make me wonder if its really Lisa at all. And the Djinn thing is supposed to be early in the season. So, I'm thinking that maybe the year time jump (with Sam being back the whole year and not telling Dean), the Lisa marriage thing and the hard rest on Cas thing is going to be something that the Dijinn is making Dean think is going on.

Also what I saw said Sam lets Dean know he's alive when something that has been coming after him goes after Dean. So I'm thinking that if Dean's at home with Lisa that maybe this thing will end up killing her. I just have had a feeling from the beginning that the story is headed that way. I would not mind Dean/Lisa so much if it didn't feel so forced and sudden. That's why something really seems off to me about it. Plus the fact that either Sera or Kripke said "nothing is what is seems", that just makes me think the whole Lisa thing has something to do with the Dijinn thing.

And there might be Leprechauns in an ep at some point. :D

I love the proposed title of the vamp ep though LOL.

I also read that Corin Nemec has been cast to play the boys' cousin Christian Campbell (kind of funny cause there's an actor with that name). I don't know if that one is true or not though. It wasn't from the comic con thing or whatever.

A lot of people were upset about the Impala being locked away in the garage lol. I get it (too many memories of Sam, so it would be hard to drive Impala) and I can see Dean driving a truck, but the spoiler I read said SUV and that I can't see. LOL. And I also saw a spoiler that said that Sam would be driving a Charger (which is what Michael on Burn Notice drives).

Oh and the lady Sheriff from the Zombie episode may return in the episode that Jensen is directing.

I read where Kripke said he was so proud of "Swan Song" until he went online and saw how fans were all, "screw you Kripke, this ep sucked" and then he thought "I'm so misunderstood". :lol:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  12. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Aw, poor Kripke. :lol: I rather liked the finale and thought it tied things up pretty well. I didn't have a big problem with the whole 'Chuck is God' thing; I actually thought it was pretty cool, despite the supposed symbolism of it representing Kripke. Meh, there are worse things on television.

I wouldn't really mind Cas reverting back somewhat, though I liked when he considered the boys his friends too. Maybe he'll still have some affection for them and it'll come across subtley throughout the season.

I also hope that his 'Mission' is actually seen this season, though I heard that he wouldn't appear until the third-sixth episode (didn't Misha claim he was in the premiere?). Also, it'd be neat to see him interact with Crowley more as he's supposed to be a rather large part of season 6.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  13. GregNickRyanFan

I don't have a problem with the Chuck thing either. The only things about the finale that bothered me were Dean's attitude toward Cas, lack of reaction when Lucifer exploded Cas and the whole Lisa thing. I would not mind the Lisa thing at all if it had been built up throughout the season. I'm just having a hard time buying it when it just sort of came out of nowhere. He didn't think about her for a couple of years and then all of a sudden, he's going to see her. I just can't help but feel that it is forced. And I liked Dean/Lisa in Season 3, so I would be fine with it had it developed naturally rather than just thrown at us like it was lol.

I don't know if Misha said he'd be in the premiere, but I thought someone said that Jim said that Misha would be in the premiere. But yeah, I want him to interact with Crowley too. And I want Gabe back and for Gabe and Cas to be all brotherly toward each other and helping the Winchester brothers. I always wanted Gabe and Cas to be the Dean and Sam of the Angels. :lol:

They said Chuck wouldn't be returning and his disappearance would not be explained, so I'm thinking he was just a prophet who ascended like Eli (or whatever his name was) after his job was completed. I don't think Chuck was God after all. So, its possible God could still show up at some point.

I think it's been confirmed that Kim Rhodes (sheriff from Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid) is returning for "Weekend at Bobby's". And also that Corin Nemec is going to be playing the recurring role of Sam and Dean's cousin Christian Campbell. Before I wasn't sure if those were confirmed, but I think they have been confirmed now. So first we got Michael Shanks from SG1 and now Corin Nemec. Is it possible that we could see Richard Dean Anderson on the show too? He's so good at sarcasm. I'd love to see him and Dean in a scene together. LOL!

I wish so much that they'd bring back Missouri. She was kind of able to read Dean's thoughts. And with Cas having his mojo back, he surely can too. It'd be funny to see the two of them both reacting to Dean's thoughts at the same time. :lol:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  14. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

GregNickRyanFan I think you read way too much into the details of other people's views, more importantly the views of "those" fans who nitpick over everything and make their own spoilers, because everything you mentioned I heard nothing of and I watched every panel of the con on Youtube. If you don't mind can you specify where you read these spoilers from, because trust me I have watched all of the panel from Supernatural and ...

Never did they mention that Dean and Lisa were married and while your reasoning made sense about fake ids and things, Dean has said before he would never get married. I'll stand by that ... and say that I have a sneaky feeling that the Djinn has something to do with most of this Dean/Lisa jibberish. I used to like her character, but the more they rub her and Ben in my face, the less I want to have to put up with her. But as much as I hate the way they're going to rub her in my face ... I will still watch the show, I don't stop watching the show if I don't like how they write a fictional character. You're a fan if you follow a show through everything, bad episodes and all.

15. GregNickRyanFan

There were on that Watch With Kristin thing at E!Entertainment's website for the most part. Someone may have misunderstood what was actually said and so it could have been stated wrong on that site. I think Kristin probably needs better sources. :lol:

I must apologize for getting all worked up earlier. I was in a cranky mood. I had a massive sinus headache all day yesterday and part of the early morning today that wouldn't go away and I couldn't sleep well, so that just added to my crankiness. And I hadn't had my coffee yet either. :lol:

In all honestly, this is my favorite show, so they'd probably have to do a whole lot to make me stop watching altogether. But as much as I get upset with things that they do on this show writing-wise, it doesn't mean I've stopped the loving the show. It's just frusturating sometimes and I have to vent or I'll go crazy lol. Supernatural is one of those shows that is just too hard to quit. It's like Pringles, once you watch, you can't stop. :lol:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010