**Season Nine Spoiler Lab**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

You are so right now that you mention it. My bad.

I agree; it doesn't make much sense for Jesse to die that way. It isn't as if they had half the season written. I guess it is just easier and takes less effort:rolleyes:

2. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

No it doesn't. To have a strong, healthy man (portrayed by an actor who was very exited to be a part of the show and very positive about his character in interviews) die when a sickly, frail woman (played by an actress who has stated in countless interviews that she is tired) is the ultimate example of no common sense.

And you're right, MiamiWolfe. With the writers on CSI Miami, it's always the easy route. They don't want to have to think too hard. They might actually come up with an original idea that's interesting and doesn't have anything to do with the nomance. :rolleyes:

3. electra

electra Pathologist

I actually think that compared to NY or Vegas ,Miami made the safest move.The future of the show depends on the writers being able to write good stoyrlines to all characters.That said,I do not care either way if Jesse stays or not.I am sort of indiferent .

But I do like the idea of Jesse having a funeral.It gives closure and we can get some team scenes .It is not going to be like Speed but if it brings the team together,I am all for it.

4. MomentarySetbac

MomentarySetbac Victim

And less money since they don't have to pay him to be there to shoot a potentially better storyline. :rolleyes: It really doesn't make sense for him to die this way when everyone probably experienced similar exposure and someone with previous lung damage (though I wouldn't describe her as sickly and frail) makes it out just fine. I really, really wish they would have developed a better story line for this. I can't say I was hugely invested in Eddie's character, but I feel like I didn't really have time to become invested in him. They never got very far in developing the character beyond the initial introduction. I think it's pretty crappy of TPTB to make a big stink about taking on a new character and to bring in new story lines along with him only to drop him after a single season.

I feel like I've been waiting for them to return to the "core cast" since about season 2 or 3 (but with Ryan and Natalia included now). Hopefully that happens this time, with even screen time for all the characters and better character development...but I won't hold my breath. Sorry if I sound bitter. :lol: But CSI: Miami has to step up the writing to impress me.

I am, however, looking forward to having Eric back, and the scenes with Ryan and Eric chasing this guy down sound really good! I also hope this promise of "team togetherness" is kept. I love those team scenes (such as all of them having drinks after Jesse joined, like someone mentioned, though I think my favorite team scene was the beach one at the end of Death Pool 100) and I hope we get more of those, along with the opening/closing scenes showing what each character is doing at the beginning/end of the day.

Thanks for the info, delkolover!

5. yen35

yen35 Witness

Thanks for the spoilers! Now, I can sleep at night knowing everyone in the team who was in seasons 5-7 will be back. They were just superb. My fav ensemble cast in a tv show (in addition to Greys!)
    Having said that, if they are going to kill this Jesse off, they'll have to explain how come only he died while everyone else in the lab inhaled the poison. Maybe he was in the room where it was released and got a good dose of it?
    I notice from Wikipedia that S3 of CSIM which is my least fav season has the highest ratings and S8 (which is my fav) has the lowest! Is this cos of Castle? I am not surprised cos even tho castle is not up in my fav shows with Greys and CSIM, I enjoy watching it and am glad it doesn't come at the same time as CSIM where I live!
    Can't wait till Sept for season 9 and I hope the ratings go up too!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  6. vignes[smallgir

vignes[smallgir Hit and Run

[​IMG]yea i agree with you, i dont really care about him[[no offense] but i like that we get to see all the team member at one place together[​IMG]

7. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I found that a head scratcher myself.

If these writers are unwilling or unable to go through the process of creating new, original storylines focusing on the whole cast and not just one storyline and a couple of characters, I say replace them with writers that will. I am sure with the economy as touchy as it is, there are writers out there who would be eager to showcase their talents and hey new blood never hurts.

A very good point. CBS seems to be in the budget cutting mode and this fits right in.

Kind of makes one think that they really don't know what they are doing. And it pretty scary and sad not only for the fans but the actors whose livelihood depends on this guys.

You are not the only one who feels that way. That were supposed to get back to basics and I didn't see much of that. I hope the "core cast" means the whole cast; I have been waiting for a breakout year for Ryan for several now. I am in a "seeing is believing" mode myself because of that.

I would love to see more "team" interaction like that. Even more simple scenes like the elevator scene at the end of Getting Axed would be nice. One thing they have been doing on NY that I would like to see on Miami is the whole team getting together to discuss a case and pool the information they have gathered to solve said case. Keep everyone working and paired off with everyone else not the same people working together all the time. There are many ways to promote "team togetherness" if one is willing to pursue it. This team has been splintered for too long.

8. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Anytime you see CBS killing off somebody or reusing the same old scenes *couch*alligator jumps in water scene*cough* I remember Emily saying this: 'CBS is cheap'. And you have to agree.:rolleyes:

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

LOL the alligator thing is annoying. It's like in that movie Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus where they used the same shot over and again of the two fighting LOL. It was so obvious. LOL! And that was a very cheaply made movie too. Well, at least the alligators on Miami don't have those beady/shaky toy eyes like the dinos on Raptor Island did... or at least the boats/planes, etc don't look like toys. LOL!

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

RE: Jesse's death. The blood on his face has me questioning if it's really the poison he dies from. Even if he fell, he'd have to hit it very hard to die.....remember this IS the same group of writers who let Eric be shot in the flippin' brain & LIVE, yet Jesse get's a bump on the ol' noggin & keels over instantly? *gahh!*
    I'm with everyone else who thinks it's too insane to imagine that he'd die when all the others were just as affected (& really if anyone would have head troubles it'd be Natalia because of the way she landed). So, I'm hoping he makes it through the initial "falling down" but then he get's into a confrontation with one of the killers & is taken down that way. At least let the guy go out with a bang, I say.

11. jean10brook

jean10brook Hit and Run

I am one that is very glad to see Jesse go, but appreciate that they are going to have a funeral for him and not just have him disappear, like some of the other characters on the show. Any more spoilers?

12. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I thought that about the poison too. If it made him bleed, wouldn't everyone else be bleeding? They're is no way they can pull off him 'hitting' his head. Maybe he gets up and gets shot or something. I don't know, I'm not buying this at all right now.....

But if he does die from the poison, I'd like for them to explain. I know that's asking a lot but... everyone was in it the same way- so why Jesse? Hmmm... Guess we'll have to wait and see!

Other networks have announced their air dates for the premiers. What about CBS? Do we know when it airs?

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

The writers could come up with something about why Jesse was effected more than the others.He could have had some illness or disease that had not been diagnosed that made him more susceptible to the poison.Appearing healthy while walking around with some illness or disease isn't unheard off.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, if the culprit in the finale had a partner and that partner was Enright, perhaps Enright would know something that Jesse was allergic too and maybe Enright's partner made sure Jesse came in contact with that... so maybe that had already weakened him and the poison just made it worse... I dunno, but I just would rather he die in a shootout with Enright, the two of them killing each other. Well, I'd rather he just go back to LA alive rather than dying, but they are determined to kill him off, so I'd much rather he go down in a "blaze of glory", so to speak.

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I also would rather see Jesse (if he has to die) die from something other than the poison too. Guess we will have to wait to see which direction the writers go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.