CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm not sure that would have given them enough money to give Melina the pay she deserves since Anna hasn't been in every episode, she probably makes a lot less than Melina was making. So, they'd have to make some cuts somewhere else to give Melina a good paycheck. And not necessarily cuts at CSI NY either.

2. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

it's been ages since i've posted, kinda avoiding spoilers, but ....

anyway, losing melinda, AND moving to 9pm on FRIDAYS. I'm sorry, but is this the kiss of death for the show? i don't watch tv friday nights, i go out, and stella is one of the reasons i watch, come on now!

3. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

We don't know how much money Melina was making versus how much Anna was last season. Also last season Anna was not in every episode.

We also have Hill Harper tweeting that Melina decided to leave for reasons other than financial ones... there could be some truth to that. He may have spoken with her or something.

4. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Where is the source that suggests it is financial? Well put a fork in this series its done:(...And so am I.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  5. danny-lindsay4e

danny-lindsay4e Witness

As much as i like stella i really do but i think this could be good for the other cast members alot of the show is mac/stella it will be nice to see more of the others.

HH says on twitter its a family thing she wants to spend more time with her family and i totally believe that but i also believe she's a very smart lady and is jumping ship before been pushed (if you get me) lol i reckon if CSI.NY doesn't sort some big problems out in season 7 we won't get any more.

Good luck to her.

CSI.NY is more then stella/Melina and i'm sure the show can manage without her :)

6. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

This show won't be teh same without Stella. She was the heart of the team. She had deep connection to Shledon and Mac and Adam.
    They can bring another actress to make her a "kiss ass" and giving her great episodes but nothing will be the same. Nothing!

7. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Source: CBS

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I like Sela Ward and I say good luck to her. It'll be interesting to see what they do to write out Melina and introduce Sela since Melina won't be appearing in any of S7. I also wonder if this will impact the outcome of the cliff hanger.

9. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

As long as it is NOT LINDSEY!:rolleyes: Doesnt make a difference to me actually because my dedication to the show is gone as well as my monetary contributions.

Sorry not good enough.

10. danny-lindsay4e

danny-lindsay4e Witness

Yeah that had me thinking also.
    I think before the melina news we may have gotten to see what happens right after the shot was fired but now i'm thinking were going to get a so many month's later opening.
    With no stella and some sad reason for her leaving (a new job like mac's somewhere else) and the new one already in and friends with everyone already :(

11. wamdue

wamdue Dead on Arrival

have to say im impresed with how CBS did not drag this out, one day she was axed, and her replacement suggested, the next her replacement is announced, very professional

12. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

i agree very professional, i feel like they knew melina might not come back, and they were prepared for it,

was upset before, but, you know i'm guessing it wasn't so much financial as it was personal, and good luck to her in what ever she does, i hope to see her name in lights again soon, ready for the new season, even if it does mean alot of dvr.

13. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

It would be smart to have someone just in case whenever contracts run out and they need to negotiate. Negotiations can always go wrong, so I would think they always have someone in their minds as a possible replacement.

14. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

OMFG. I guess it's good on some level that this isn't being dragged out, and I have nothing against Sela Ward (loved her characters in The Guardian and Day After Tomorrow; liked the one in House much less, but I could stand even her). But I definitely don't think "replacing" Stella, in terms of intra-team dynamics anyway, is going to go as seamlessly, and it'd be nice if they'd acknowledge that...like say, with a few episodes where the team's feeling the effect of Stella's disappearance before bringing in Sela Ward's new character.

I absolutely will look forward to seeing more of the others -- including Lindsay -- from this. I'll say that's the one good thing in all of it.

15. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

But to suggest because of STELLA nobody else got much screen time?:rolleyes:
    I think that is a little far fetched. :lol: I think it wont be long and nobody will have screen time on CSINY anyway. The series is tanking and now with more viewers jumping ship..... The writing has been left wanting this past season they have turned the show into a childish saturday morning cartoon fest with Blitz and Babies and flesh Bling!:lol: What ever happened to good ole fashion season one crime solving? First Aiden who really worked well with Dannys character and then they kill off Angel, now here goes Stella! Someone needs to take the crayons away from the writers so they can go change Lucys diapers and let some professionals in there. My vacation to New York is the only true enjoyment held for my future. Unless the writers can portray a satisfiying exit for Stella alot of fans will be gone after episode one. Gee to think it wasnt Danny and Lindsey keeping everyone on the edge of there seat for season seven opener after all.....imagine that!:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.