Torchwood

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Clarrisani, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Allen

Allen Civilian

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2009
  2. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Sure, I've heard of it. I've seen an episode or two. I plan on watching more when my friends finally come around and agree to watch with me (because we're all big Doctor Who fans and I'm sure they'll love Torchwood too).

Just wanted to let you know - there's already a Torchwood thread. It was buried pretty far back in the list of threads so I don't blame you for not seeing it. In fact I had to edit my settings in order to see further back in the thread list just to find it!

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

The Threads have been merged. ;)

4. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

5. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

6. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

No Ianto played by GDL = no Torchwood, at least as far as I'm concerned.

7. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

Much as I'd love Ianto back, I can't see how they'd do it and do it well.

I think Capt. Jack is superb and I really like Gwen (been told I'm in the minority with that though :shifty: :D), but it's going to take some amazing script writing to make another series as good as the ones that have gone by.

8. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

If Ianto was brought back, I'd start watching this show again. I also liked that other guy, the really crazy-dangerous one. I can't think of his name, but he and Capt Jack were trapped on an asteroid or something for awhile, and there was an argument over which one was the "wife".

Yoshi, who is that in your avatar? It looks like--but it can't be--but it looks like--:lol: Who is it? I need to hear the words. Wow...

9. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

Someone I would love for them to bring back is Captain John Hart. I haven't seen James Marsters in anything recently and he wears period costume as wonderfully as Captain Jack himself :D

It's Ryan Wolfe ;)

Oh - and Stetler. I'll miss him actually.

10. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Yeah, that's right. Capt. John! That's who I was trying to think of.

Now I remember that scene of Ryan and Rick. See I didn't record any of his last episodes...too sad for me. Your avi is supposed to look slashy, isn't it? ;)

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Does anyone know if this show will be on BBC America? I don't get showtime or whatever other channel it was, so I've never gotten a chance to see even one episode. I'm kind of curious about it lol.

12. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

It aired on BBC America when I used to watch it. I think you would've liked it, GNRF. Now if they would just bring back Ianto...

Has there been any talk about Ianto coming back? Is it a possibility?

EDIT: I just clicked on the link, and read the article. It sounds like this next time, it will be on the premium channel "Starz" in the US.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  13. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

Sadly, everywhere I've checked says Ianto will NOT be coming back, despite the outcry across the Earth and, I'm sure through time and space.

I had a page that listed some prospective actors, but thay was a few months ago, and I forget where it was, and it's prob not the same anymore anyway, and so I can't help but wonder who's going to be the new Torchwoodies. As much as I'd love it, I can't see Martha joining, or any of the others who so often pop-up in post-COE fics or fix-its. Hm... maybe they'll finally hire a blonde? ;)

Last thing, the link I posted said 'While previous series were based on location in Cardiff, Wales, this new instalment will see storylines widen to include locations in the US and around the world.' I wonder if this means that those of us who were not privilged enough to live in the city of the star-catchers will be able to catch any filming up-close and personal?

14. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I have absolutely NO interest in "The Jack and Gwen Show." :rolleyes:

No Ianto = no me as a viewer.

15. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I'm not interested in watching "The Jack and Gwen Show" either. So I won't be.

I didn't watch the last season. Was the show turned into just another science fiction with a het pairing?