What Do You Think About Eddie Cibrian's Departure? *spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by baybeehannah, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Thank you very much. I didn't feel comfortable with that "article" ;)

2. electra

electra Pathologist

I have to admit that I always saw Miami as the comic version of the CSIs.It's entertaining,but accurate? Absolutely no way.But this statement got me thinking.Did any of the producers actually agreed with Emily?

3. yen35

yen35 Witness

I started watching this show in Nov 2009 and I love it! Completely addicted for 9 months, seen all the seasons and I love all the people in it. However, if someone has to leave, I prefer that its someone who has been on the show for an year rather than someone who has been in it for 7 seasons. I would have a similar opinion for any other show, Grey's or DH, in fact these usually have someone leave at the end of each season, who has only been there for a season or two.

4. lovehiphugger

lovehiphugger Victim

I agree 100% with you !!!!!!!!!

5. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:eek:
    If 'comic version' equates to accuracy, every tv drama is a 'comic version'. CSI Miami, in spite of Emily's comments, is no better or worse in that department than any other scripted procedural. The true comedy on Miami relates to the subject matter of a couple of other threads.

6. electra

electra Pathologist

^ I absolutely agree.Shows are not exactly the same as real life .But IMO CSI MIami is on a completely different league.I do enjoy super H to put an exemple but if I want to learn something about forensics I want to hear it from Grissom.But all 3 shows are successful in thier own way.

7. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I think Emily Proctor may have been referring to Miami being more about the glamour and scenery than about the real monotony of police procedure. Certainly some of Horatio's poses (sunglasses, etc) and storylines (sleeping with Horatio = an automatic death sentence) have a certain comic book flair, though... :lol:

8. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

I repeat, "The true comedy on Miami relates to the subject matter of a couple of other threads" and, thus, completely off topic in this thread.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  9. thetalkativeone

thetalkativeone Victim

I am not too bothered about Eddie leaving the show, but I would rather that Walter left than Jesse, I cannot stand Walter.

10. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

just wondering how much 'grieving' and team bonding Jesse's 'death' will bring-was he really such a good friend after one year? kinda hope he was but this is just a drama stunt to kick off the season and I think they couldn't afford him and all these newbies one year later..or is it too difficult to write good s/l for so many cast members? oh well don't really know if Jesse's going away will make people happy or sad-just indifferent...I believe the actor tried very hard but he just didn't take with long term die hard fans...oh well..

11. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I tend to believe that it is a dramatic stunt of a sort. With the exception of Walter and Ryan, no one on the team had really developed that close a relationship with Jesse. Both Walter and Ryan should be allowed to mourn him in a way that does all of them justice.

There certainly would be no reason for his death to bring the team together. The only long-term member of the team who was close to Jesse was Ryan and he has always been the "outsider" of the team.

Natalia is going to mourn and be upset simply because she is an extremely compassionate and caring human being. Jesse's death will affect her because his death is sad and such a terrible waste.

Horatio and Jesse were supposed to be close and have a history together, but we never really saw evidence of that. So it was hard to invest in that particular relationship. Horatio will be upset simply because Jesse was a member of his team and he is responsible for them - as sorry a team as they may be.

Delko HAD no relationship with Jesse and therefore no reason whatsoever to mourn his death.

Calleigh's relationship with Jesse was contentious at best. I wouldn't buy that she will miss Jesse or care that much that he's gone. Only Delko's well-being seems to be on her radar anyway.

And you're right, ladyjr8. Cibrian tried very hard and I think he did a great job. He just wasn't given a chance. The horribly vicious campaign against him started the minute his name was announced as a new cast member. Most didn't even bother to wait to see what he could possiblly bring to the show. And it didn't help that Delko was dropping in and out the entire time he was trying to establish Jesse.

What would truly be sad is if that malicious campaign had anything to do with his contract not being renewed. That type of negative targeting should never be allowed win.

12. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

Note: I did not take on a second avatar and make this statement although I CAN say that I wish Walter had met the same fate. Is it really true that he (Walter) is a favorite of TPTB?:rommie:

13. Court

Court Prime Suspect

Total agreement with you. It's difficult for me to even watch the repeats of S8 because I was really enjoying Jesse's character and now I know he's being going to be gone and I can't help but feel disappointed, let down, cheated, etc, etc, etc. :( Eddie was never given a chance to really establish Jesse, which - for lack of a better phrase - just plain sucked. :scream:

TPTB are backhanding those of us who were becoming invested in him and it is not only very, VERY frustrating, but this type of "don't get too comfortable" attitude TPTB have is getting very old. I know I'm not the only one who is losing - if not has completely lost - faith in this show BECAUSE TPTB clearly only have regard for one particular storyline and the fans that follow that storyline. :rolleyes:

Maybe a Twitter campaign should have been started to keep Jesse alive since we know how effective that tactic is. :shifty:

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The role of Walter was created specifically for the actor and the role was created by the CSI creator Jerry Bruckheimer because he and Omar are friends or he just likes Omar as an actor or something. I can't recall which. But yeah, since Walter was created by the top dog himself, I'd say that Walter is going to be safe no matter what.

15. Southern&Cuban

Southern&Cuban Victim

Yay! I love Walter!!

And that's pretty much the only reason I'm sad about Jesse's death. Most of the time I can't stand Jesse (I really don't know why since he looks like a nice guy and all... I just can't stand him) but when they're together they're great! So it's a bittersweet feeling for me, I want Eddie to stay but I also want him to leave. I love Eddie Cibrian, I think he's a wondeful actor and he was the main reason I watched Third Watch, so I blame my lack of love for Jesse on the character itself. Ergo I think TPTB are the ones to be blamed for killing Jesse since IMO Eddie did a good job with what he was given and TPTB just couldn't write something good for him. :(