Louise Lombard/Sofia Curtis

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by CSILevel1, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

Re: Sofia Curtis

She's just smokin' HOT in black. :D

--------------------------
    [​IMG]

2. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Yes, have to say I will watch this scene over many, many, many times.

[​IMG]
    Viva Sofia Baby!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

oh em gee. I don't know how many more posts I have to read to be able to catch up with all of you in my absence, but, this picture destroyed my thinking pattern.

Thank you Arturtle . It looks so beautiful. She's beautiful.

4. Sofia_Willows

Sofia_Willows Hit and Run

I love how incredibly out of place the three of them look with their CHIPS gear.

But of course, as usual, Sofia is the one that draws all eyes.

*Thanks the Lord that George Eads finally cut his hair, as seen in the preview for the next episode*

At any rate - hot. lol.

5. CSI_Grissom

CSI_Grissom Lab Technician

she looks so good! wow she looked good in that blsck, and the shades were awesome too!

i just love her more and more, i have gone from wondering why they brought when she first came, to absolutely loving her!

i dont want her taking over the show, but i certainly love seeing her, i wish it would kinda be like her and brass are THE cops, and they get rid of the rest of the detectives because i need my sophia! :lol:

i loved the icons Arturtle!

she was so cool in "hidalgo", when i first saw it, i dont think she was in CSI yet, but i watched a while back and realized it was her, i couldnt help laughing whenever she came on!

6. Guest

Guest Guest

::Waves Hello!:: I may not be from Asia, but I'm half Chinese.
    - Your welcome, it's pretty easy to tell. I'm not a fan of hers and never have heard her real voice, but I think if you've heard some British actors faking American accents you can tell easier.

- I may do that, I haven't heard her real voice and I am curious.

You know something that's been buging me is this whole Sophia was a CSI now suddenly she's a detective. It's totally unrealistic, I realize she was a cop before she became a CSI but after so many months leaving the force you can't have your old rank back. She would have had to start from the very bottom working her way up again. Why didn't they just have her on the team and only shown sometimes, like they did late last year?

7. Arturtle

Arturtle Lab Technician

guess the audience didnt like her as a csi because many people thought somehow she didnt fit in like the rest of the csis (not for me though ;))

I screencaptured poppin tags and gosh she looks smokin hot in black

[​IMG]

and for the rest of the 23 screencaptures,you can download it :D [Url Removed]

==========
    ~Edited: For Url please contact poster, since linking and discussions of Downloading is a no-no. Thanks.~

8. Guest

Guest Guest

- That's stupid. It's so unrealistic. The show seems to be so concerned with the science realistic, it seems to fall short in other making other areas of the show realstic.

9. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

Yeah, Sofia was a CSI then a Detective. I'm not really bothered by it actually. I'm happy as long as she gets to be on screen and not kicked out or fired! We need Sofia to fizzle the screen up! Hehe!

And oh my gaw~! That's a helluva pic Arturtle! *droolss~~

10. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

I don't know about Sofia getting her old rank back immediately, but I do know its not unrealistic for her to go from a C.S.I. to a Detective.

This article was in a magazine called Career World. Here is a description of a Detective's job duties.

The front line in any crime scene investigation (CSI) is made up of police detectives, who protect and obtain evidence and supervise the investigation. Most detectives begin their careers as uniformed police officers, pass a number of proficiency tests, and are finally approved by a special review board. Detectives supervise an investigation, collecting evidence for analysis and helping prosecutors prepare a case for trial.

So knowing this Sofia could pass these proficiency tests with ease. She has an incredible advantage spending time in both areas of the forensics field. So even if she had lost her rank, she could obtain it back quickly. Hope this answers your question.

Happy Easter and Viva Sofia Baby!

11. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

[​IMG]

Yep, this came up yesterday too at the Curtis group, so I'll just add a little more to what LSB said.

From the show and commentary this is what we know:
    * Sofia was a street cop, but we don't know for how long.

* When she qualified for her sheild (I have been told by people in law enforcement, that you have to pass a test to become a Detective thus I guess the difference between a badge & a shield) the then Sheriff pulled her papers and place her in the Crime Lab as a CSI rather then allowing her to stay in PD.

* When quitting Las Vegas CSI, she went to Boulder City NV. I'm guessing as a Detective - wanting more satisfaction from her job. (It has been hinted at in commentary and the show that this is what made her different from the other CSIs)

* She transfered to Las Vegas PD and why I refer to her now as a Rookie Detective because she is low man/woman on the totum pole within that department as well as still being in her first full year as a Detective.

Hope that helps and remember writers do what they want without much thought to being real so don't blame Sofia.

12. Arturtle

Arturtle Lab Technician

i love that pic tazzer!

i still remember sofia's quote from I like to watch.
    The video cam guy was asking whether she preferred csi or being a detective or something like that
    and she said" Its The Same Side" :D

csi or detective,its still the same side of the force :D

13. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

Another beautiful photo!

Thanks Tazz! :D I just love her giggles in the Extra interview. :D

--------------------------------
    [​IMG]

14. Guest

Guest Guest

- Quickly yes, 6 months to a year no. I'm not buying it, it's way too fast. It takes years to get from the bottom to the top and even if you had done it before it would take longer than a year.

15. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

But if you read this part, she is not at the highest rank she could be in the department. So to me its not over the top. It would also make sense that she would take cases to get the experience. I mean you do see Brass working with her joint on some cases.

This is a show however, so yes, writers are going to do what they want with the characters. I do agree that the character/actor should not be blamed for what the writer's choose.

I just enjoy the fact that Louise Lombard takes whatever she is offered and makes the best of her character. She is truly enjoyable and fascinating to watch on T.V. She is one of the many reasons why I watch C.S.I.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.