Eric/Calleigh storyline -- why we dislike it. Part 2 **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Court

Court Prime Suspect

Yes, yes and YES, to everything you just said. When I saw "Dishonor" I was like "FINALLY" H gets some attention this season. Then we went back to the "Calleigh loves Eric Show" and depression set in. :(

Oh God, I haven't read that, but I have no doubt that will be the case. The mere thought of having to watch this sorry excuse for a storyline ruin S9 triggers my gag reflex. :angryrazz:

While we're on the subject, is it just me or was Eric's character WAY more interesting when he was, for lack of a better term, a man-whore (can I even use that term)? I think he had more depth THEN than he does now (that's not saying a lot). At least he was more entertaining, IMO.

I know about Charlie Fox and I almost fell out of my seat laughing. :guffaw:

2. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Yes, he was WAY more interesting, way more likable, even as a player. But his character was well written and well thought out. He could do all kinds of things. He had that unique boyish grin. He and Speed played beautifully off one another. If he made a mistake (sneezing on evidence in S1), he generally owned up to it. I genuinely liked the early Delko.

After S5, and especially after getting shot the first time, he just seemed to walk around with this confused look on his face and worry about how Calleigh felt about him. TPTB can pretend all they want, but for some of us, there's just nothing captivating about a confused, codependent puppydog falling in love with a dominatrix. Somehow it seems like now he can go anywhere and break all kinds of protocol and is untouchable. That gets old after a while. People like justice, thank you.

3. alexa

alexa Witness

I laughed for hours....LOOOL
    :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
    oh god the image that came to my mind it was nothing good:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
    at all:guffaw::guffaw:
    :thumbsup::thumbsup: thank you

4. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Thanks, Alexa. I'm just thinking that with the stilettos, the black catsuits, and that angry glare, all Calleigh needs now is a bullwhip, dog collars and a taser. Heck, at least Lady Heather smiled once in a while.

On second thought, I'd pay to watch that! :devil::guffaw:

5. Court

Court Prime Suspect

Oh Lord, I am now picturing Eric walking around crime scenes and examining evidence with a ball gag in his mouth. :lol:

6. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

See that? Now how could anyone POSSIBLY say we're a mean, nasty, hateful bunch? This is actually kind of fun. :devil:

7. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

:devil::guffaw: Indeed! We're the FUN group! You guys are too good. I love it! :guffaw::guffaw:

8. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

With leather butt-less chaps and a leather vest without a shirt?!:lol:

9. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I'm starting to get nauseous! That image doesn't sound the least bit appealing since I don't find Delko the least bit sexy.

Although it would be hilarious to see him dressed like that while Calleigh, dressed in her dominatrix best, is leading him around with a leash attached to his dog collar and using her bullwhip to accentuate her demands that he lick her boots clean at the crime scenes. :guffaw:

10. Court

Court Prime Suspect

See, this could be the E/C spin off show ... of course it would have to be on Showtime or HBO, but I personally have no problem with that as long as they just go away. :thumbsup:

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Funny stuff, but ya'll are makin' me wanna harf. ;)
    I have to say, though, I don't think HBO nor Showtime would ever carry a show with e/c -- this material is more appropriate for late night Cinemax (or as my husband likes to call it, Skinemax). 30 minutes of god-awful acting with 2 characters who have no chemistry whatsoever & are forced to create a "love scene" ...perfect for e/c. *feels sick now*

In all seriousness....kinda...I'd suggest e/c be spun off into some YouTubeLand show & just stay there. Perhaps a web series or something. Anything to get them off of CSI:Miami.
    Wish I had something nice & positive to say, but I don't. TPTB are killin' me here!! :evil:

12. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Okay, NOW I'm gonna have to get Photoshop. But then again I don't want to run the risk of getting banned. :lol::devil:

13. mayra1990

mayra1990 Prime Suspect

Why?....em i not suppose to do that or something?:confused:

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Mayra1990 -The link you provided had nothing to do with the topic of this thread, nor did it relate to any conversation here. There is a thread here in the forum that is for discussion on Eddie Cibrian's exit, but I wouldn't suggest re-posting the link as it has been there once & deleted by the Mods.

15. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

So many images to picture... :guffaw: I'd like to see your photoshops Jag_Lady they'd probably be dead on accurate/we'd see how they dress when the camera is turned off. :lol: Anyways. Again, I have to agree with everything that has been said... so nothing really more for me to add. But as I was browsing through all of the posts I happened to come across this:
    First of all, where did you read that? (this is out of pure curiosity). Second of all, more exploring?! Like you said, Jag_Lady they've been exploring their "nomance" for the past 4 years. What more needs to be explored? I thought the past 4 years was the exploring, and this so called "defining moment" was meant to prove they are done "exploring" and have decided that they are going to be together and that the other person was "the one" so therefore END OF STORY. Apparently not. I have a feeling marriage will be the next step... As much as it pains me to admit it. TPTB have had at least one married couple on each show therefore it's not Miami's turn... Great... But if Eric or Calleigh do get married, it will have to be a drama... I mean god forbid they have a simple off screen marriage. Has Emily suggested I'm sure that one will be killed... Therefore we'll have to watch the significant other mourning for their lost one for the rest of the series. That's why I say we're stuck with this nomance. Even if they break up, we'll still have to watch them missing each other or something. I feel like we're strapped to this nomance like a child is strapped to a rollercoaster when they're riding it. (That was a weird simile).
    One of the things I'm still on about is how Eric got his job back. He says to Horatio, "I realize this is the place I want to work. Can I come back?" Then Horatio says, "Welcome back." ... uhh that's it? Doesn't he need to be interviewed? I mean when Ryan lost his job (sure he was fired, but still he was trying to get his job back) it took him a while to redeem himself, but after he finished, it still took him a while to get his job back... The same should have happened with Eric. I'm sure there were other people wanting to get in, he should have gotten in a line and followed standard procedures. But it's Eric right? He's the boss's Brother-in-law. I still say that someone else should have given him the "ok" but that's just me... Apparently the world is a lot harder if you're Ryan Wolfe. Everything is easy if you're Eric Delko... Ok sorry that was a little off topic, but it's annoying when Eric gets special treatment and Ryan always get's the dirty end of the stick... (If this is too off topic of E/C I can remove it no problem, or feel free to remove it mods).
    *looks at long post* wow... Well I guess that was kinda ranty.. Sorry bout that. Anyways, I have decided to stop listening to TPTB, because they have lied/disappointed me too many times and they aren't worth listening to anymore. (eg. Where was the "man behind the shades"?! All I saw was "the man behind Calleigh" :shifty:)