Schedule changes in the fall - what do you think?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Faylinn, May 27, 2010.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Now that the season is over, the logical choice is to start thinking about the next season. ;) We have several months to wait before we can see the resolution to cliffhangers or find out what new cases the teams will investigate. In the meantime, I thought we could talk a bit about the new CBS schedule.

As CSI Files reported in this article, two members of the franchise will be changing their timeslots next fall. CSI: Miami will airs Sundays at 10:00pm ET/PT, and CSI: NY will air Fridays at 9:00pm ET/PT. CSI will still air Thursdays at 9:00pm ET/PT.

How do you feel about the scheduling changes? :) Do you think Miami and NY moving to different nights and times will affect the franchise as a whole? Do the new timeslots make you more likely to check out one member of the franchise but not another?

2. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I might watch Miami more often than this season. Every sunday, I watch The Amazing Race then Family Guy. After that, I can catch up with Miami after the football season ends on February. The rest on-demand or CBS.com.

As with NY, I will definitely watch it because I typically watch nothing every friday. The up side of moving NY to friday is that aside from the loyal fans that will follow it, it may gain new viewers that might tune in because there's nothing else on TV. I hope NY will get the luck CSI had when it premiered on the same time slot.

Of course, CSI on thursday. I'm happy CBS didn't move CSI. They shouldn't because CSI makes them rich and famous.

3. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I think that the ratings for all the shows will be affected.They all are aging shows and especially NY is going to be harmed in the Friday timeslot.I'm worried about Miami too as it will compete with football in the fall.CSI will fall more next season.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I will still watch Miami as long as my favorites are there, but I'm going to be annoyed when the sports stuff starts making the show not come on at the correct time. :lol:

As for NY, well I'll have to record it in another room and watch later if I decide to watch at all (depends on the outcome of that cliffhanger I suppose lol) because my favorite show (Supernatural) is also being relocated to Fridays at the same time.

5. electra

electra Pathologist

IMO if they write good stories,all shows would be fine.Friday is the worst time slot IMO .

6. jnny5

jnny5 Civilian

i agree with you, Fridays nights is a bad night to put a tv show, hardly anyone watches tv friday night, this can only spell disaster for ny. and miami on sundays is just as bad imo. i dont see why cbs would bump two high rated shows to make room for brand new shows in which they dont even know will do well or not. i understand its to gain exposure for the show, but comon! another unhappy fan for the time change!

7. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

I think the two shows deserve to be kicked out. But I worry even more quality drop will follow. They won't make scenes that cost the huge amount of money anymore, because I think there will be some budget cuts in the near future. But if the money spent on better writing I think it could be a good thing.

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  8. slice12

slice12 Civilian

Now that the season is over, the logical choice is to start thinking about the next season. ;) We have several months to wait before we can see the resolution to cliffhangers or find out what new cases the teams will investigate. In the meantime, I thought we could talk a bit about the new CBS schedule.

As CSI Files reported in this article, two members of the franchise will be changing their timeslots next fall. CSI: Miami will airs Sundays at 10:00pm ET/PT, and CSI: NY will air Fridays at 9:00pm ET/PT. CSI will still air Thursdays at 9:00pm ET/PT.

[Spam links removed by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2010
  9. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Do you know if CBS is going to air repeats of CSI:Miami on Sundays and CSI:NY on Fridays in the summer to warm up for the fall schedule?

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Futon Critic lists NY repeats on Fridays at 9 starting July 16 - this hasn't been confirmed, but I'm guessing they will do that. They don't have something similar listed for Miami (yet), but if they do it for one, they'll probably do it for both. We'll know for sure when they start putting out press releases for the repeats closer to when they air in July. :)

11. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I can deal with CSI: NY being moved to Friday. Even if season 7 sucks at least it'll be something to watch on Friday nights now that Ghost Whisperer and NUMB3RS have been cancelled. Those 2 new shows scheduled for Friday nights this fall don't look or sound too appealing, to me.
    I can NOT deal with CSI: Miami moving to Sunday. Except for America's Funniest Home Videos and Joel Osteen, I don't watch tv on Sunday nights. I do watch the CSI: Miami weekends and CSI: NY weekends re-runs late Saturday and Sunday nights on our local CBS station. But during prime time hours on Sunday, all I watch is America's Funniest Home Videos on ABC then Joel Osteen on TBN. Now if they moved CSI: Miami to another week night like CSI: NY, I could deal with that.
    But Sunday...:scream: :angryrazz: :mad: :censored:
    I don't watch tv on Saturday. On Sunday just the 2 shows I've already mentioned. On Saturdays and Sundays I watch DVDs on my computer or visit favorite websites like Talk CSI or on Saturdays mom and I go shopping and on Sunday, I do one of the other 2 things. CSI: Miami being moved to Sunday is gonna cost the show one fan for sure...me. CSI: NY will still have me as a fan long as season 7 isn't crappier than seasons 5 and 6 put together. But it looks like CSI: Miami and I are gonna have to part ways when CSI: Miami moves to Sunday nights and only reunite when the DVDs come out each fall. I HATE THAT!!! :scream: :angryrazz: :mad: :censored:

Oh, btw...I've started a Keep CSI: Miami On Monday Night page over at Facebook. Why? I figure if Facebook can get Betty White on Saturday Night Live, then it can Keep CSI: Miami On Monday Night. I'm trying to get 500,000 people, a million if I'm lucky, to like that page. That's how you join it, by clicking on the like button. Maybe if enough people want CSI: Miami to stay where it is, they'll leave it where it is.

12. lutherdclooney

lutherdclooney Civilian

Definitely I will be checking out CSI NY more with changed slots. CSI Las Vegas is my favorite due to its great cast though I miss Grissom who had the same charisma and dry humour as Dean Martin had. That Grissom went away seems to be first step for the implosion of the whole franchise for all three of them. Grissom was maybe not irreplaceable but it has certainly left a vacuum without him.
    CSI NY is great, too, but CSI Miami I can't stand the cast nor the story telling and the tough acting cops...too un-natural to me.
    Anyway, will cehck out CSI NY more now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2010
  13. MacFlackNCaine

MacFlackNCaine Dead on Arrival

A part of me, (the cheapskate who started collecting CSI:Miami and CSI: NY on DVD)is a little relieved that these timeslots can mean the end. Especially in Miami's case. It's gone from MUST SEE TV to "I guess it's cool to watch for the colors" to Hit Or Miss.

But! I still think Sunday and Friday nights are pretty bad. It's as almost CBS is making bets as to which show is going to be canceled next to be honest.

Who knows? Maybe the Age of CBS/Fancast.com and DVRing is going to make the whole deal irrelevant.

I mean, look at NBC's "Friday Night Lights". They must've tried half a dozen times to kill that show off.

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I never miss CSI amd will always watch (as long as Eric Szmanda remains)

I used to watch NY regularly but got bored and no longer wish to stay up late to watch when I have to work the next day. But since its moving to Friday I may give it another chance.

Miami I refuse to watch anyway but I don't think Sunday nights is a good time slot for it, especially during football season. That why I lost interest in Cold Case because I got tired of waiting for it to come on after the game delayed it.

15. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

I'm really not happy about the timeslot changes, especially the Miami one. The New York one I was initially unhappy about, but I have another reason to watch TV on Friday (Human Target's on right before on FOX), so it's helped a bit. However, the Sunday timeslot is bad for me, because I have to get up early on Monday, because I have school, and if I stay up late to watch Miami, I'd be really tired in the morning. It's also a really bad spot because very few people want to stay up that late on a Sunday to watch a show like CSI:Miami.