Aiden Legacy: Snipe Role

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by ASCHATRIA, Jun 16, 2010.

1. ASCHATRIA

ASCHATRIA Witness

1st I want to say I admire and miss this char. The void filled with transfer LM, never really satisfied me. Aiden was well written char and her storyline is rounded, so this wouldnt be so much a tribute to her but an imagination field to other "sniped" characters to come.

[​IMG]

:)

2. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I desperately miss her character.She was a beautiful,smart,dynamic and very sexy character.:drool:Her replacement(Lindsay) wasn't the best one.Sometimes I wonder how CSI:NY would be if she still was in the show.I miss her interactions with Danny a lot.When I was watching season 1 I was hoping to see a possible romance between Danny and Aiden.:)

I'm also dissapointed that they decided to kill her character off.:alienblush:She could still be there with some guest appearances.

3. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Even tough i love "Heroes" (one of my fav from S2) i wish she still could be alive just to be able to come back time to time.

She was great but not only as a posible love interest for Danny or Flack but also her relationship with Mac and Stella was simply GREAT
    With Mac they had a father-daughter kinda of relationship. The mentor and his apprentice. She was the only person whom he wasn't afraid of showing affection. In the same way an adult doesn't raise walls with a kid.
    and with Stella because they were EQUALS. They looked like sisters even tough Stella was in a higher position but they seemed like the female version of Mac and Flack now. And Stella had all her respect. I remember that scene from Creatures of the Night when Aiden, helped Stella even tough it wasn't her case. Or Till Death do we part or Supply and Demand when she watched the catfight between Mac and Stella and she looked like their child! :D

Yeap, Aiden was just great! :D

Regarding Lindsay it was a good idea she was created so different to Aiden. It would have been a mistake having a similar character considering how strong Aiden was.

Lindsay looks better if she works with certain characters like Sheldon, Flack or Mac without demostrations and definitely WITHOUT DANNY:klingon:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Same here. :thumbsup:

In my opinion, killing Aiden is the most stupid decision the show has ever made! Why kill her after firing her? Didn't they realize having her alive would open some opportunities for a guest star appearance because Vanessa is such an amazing actress and she fits with the role hands down!?

I kind of imagine sometimes. What if Aiden never left the show? What if she became Danny's love interest instead of Lindsay? What if Aiden and Angell had the chance to work together? I think NY would be hottest show on TV!!!

5. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Geeno
    I am gonna be honest with you. I haven't seen her in another role so i don't know how she was portraying other characters. But i do know Vanessa portraying Aiden was marvelous. Besides i don't know under what conditions she left the show. Maybe she did want to leave and she chose how Aiden ended
    (I say this because i recall Milo Ventimiglia chose his character's fate in Gilmore Girls. At least i read he decided wasn't going to be back ever)

Aiden and Angell??:confused::confused::confused: sorry but i can't see it in my mind:confused: Again i still think she was wonderful working with Stella because it was already proven on screen:bolian:
    and maybe i am the only one but i adored Danny and Aiden's cute bantering without becoming it into a sexual or romantic relationship;)

6. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Vanessa Ferlito was in the movie "Man of the House." She played as a member of a cheer dance group who witnessed a murder. Then there was this police officer played by Tommy Lee Jones assigned to protect these girls as they were living together in a secret house. That movie was funny! :lol: I remember when he was buying the girls' thing on a supermarket, seeing all those underwear all over the house etc... :guffaw:

Vanessa playing as a tough and smart detective was perfect! She had this charm and humor that perfectly blended with her role. I enjoyed a lot of her scenes especially her solo case in "Officer Blue." She and Danny played each other very well, like brothers & sisters.

Stella and Aiden were wonderful together as Stella and Angell too. I can't believe this show killed Aiden and Angell! TPTB should be thankful that some fans they hurt still choose to tune in every week!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  7. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Vanessa Ferlito also appears on 24 during the show's third season.

8. ASCHATRIA

ASCHATRIA Witness

It would be great to have Aiden as sidekick detective and watch her grow! Im fine wth bantering, even romantic, but please wth no LS in here, Aiden is star (hahaha). I loved idea of free Aiden (out of boss eyes) and what would she be capeable doing, but obiously she wasnt good enought for anything ecept find trouble and die. How disapointing, for such a ritch char she was!

9. elapidHUN

elapidHUN Victim

Aiden was I think real 1 shot role, 1 season to get attention but she couldnt develope roots like Lin, and frankly I cant imagine Mac teaching Aiden strain handbow and passing her 1more arrow - that would be brrrrr! :drool:

10. ASCHATRIA

ASCHATRIA Witness

ehm! right, that would be :drool: rather 2 much :devil: even unfair :evil:

If I recall corectly are you refering to a scene we didnt know who duck to whome, there was some material , like entire 2nd season, it was fishy, I cant imagine lots of situations Lin was in and then try to put Aiden there! She was more off the boss way most of the time!

11. elapidHUN

elapidHUN Victim

I think these little conections betwean chars can put lots of fun plays in future, Aiden burned, but snipe role is an interesting concept, gives certain charm . She simply didnt click for continue, I think that was in a way begining of the end of dark phase CSI:NY.

12. ASCHATRIA

ASCHATRIA Witness

ha? what?
    sorry, but Im still on the bow thingy,

yes I agree each season should have certain number of rec. chars but also at least one snipe, no need to kill him/ her but have that in mind is the thing of personal creative freedom!
    And thats the way puting brand on each season to be memorable for.
    Sometimes good fotage is the most valuable thing in show, and certainly fresh thing to revive it.