Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

David Rambo is leaving? Oh man, that totally sucks. Now I am really thinking this will be the last season for CSI, unless this new blood of writers surprises us with some really fresh new stories.

2. Jessica_Lynne

Jessica_Lynne Witness

:(
    This is just leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I am really hoping that with all of this bad news and such, that we'll get something good to sink out teeth into. -sigh;

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I think I'm the only one is not sorry to see him go. His GSR obsession was driving me nuts. I only wished he'd left a long time ago.

4. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

The bad news continue to come.First Shankar then Liz and now Rambo:scream: It sucks!And he haven't learned anything about the contract negotiations yet.

5. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

It's definitely CSI's loss, but maybe a great chance for Mr Rambo.

I don't get why people are making such a big deal out of it, though. They come and go like how we try to look for new possibilities after working the same job for a couple of years. And I certainly didn't see such reaction when, say, Elizabeth Devine, Josh Berman, Evan Dunsky or Sarah Goldfinger left their producer positions at CSI and started working for other shows. I really think it's the unknown that's driving people nuts. lol.

6. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

To be fair, the circumstances surrounding Goldfinger's departure made it understandable. But yeah, I'll agree that it's the unknown that's killing us. All we are seeing so far is who is leaving and not who is staying. Except for LF of course.

7. frickangel

frickangel Prime Suspect

It's partially due to the fact Rambo has been interacting with fans and answering questions regarding the show via email and such. I think this has left a more personal touch and many may feel that their most solid connection to CSI and TPTB is now gone. =)

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Evan Dunsky still writes for CSI. At least as of season 10, when Nurse Jackie was still airing.

9. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^^ Yep. That's why I said "producer positions" instead of just "writing positions". :)

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

People move on all the time. I for one would rather see him go. His shows weren't really all that good.

11. frickangel

frickangel Prime Suspect

I for one am sad he has decided to part ways with CSI as Rambo did well with writing for Greg. No one else seems to be. Most are too tied up with "How do we make Langston more popular with the fans?" plots.

P/S: No offense to the Langston fans, but I'm just not too particularly keen on how they've pushed him so far in the spotlight at the expense of the other characters.

12. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jacki Hoyt is still there? And wasn't it David Rambo along with Carol that decided on the Cath/Vartann romance not just GSR?

And Don McGill joined CSI. He was the producer for Numb3rs and a writer/producer for NCIS. So there is no lack of talent on TPB side of CSI.

As for the 4 that are coming back, here's my guess. I'm leaving LF out because we already know he's returning...

Marg, George, Eric and Jorja.

13. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well, I hope we here something soon, because in two days they will all be free to pursue other interests. :(

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Aside from DLA, Rambo was the only other writer on the show that I know of that was really good at writing Greg. But maybe it'll be okay. We shall see.

I loved Numbers and rarely had a complaint about any episode of that shwo, so I'm hoping McGill will be a good thing for our show.

I think it's already been said that Robert David Hall (Doc Robbins) is returning. He wasn't listed as one negotiating a contract, neither was Wally. But you don't think Paul is returning?

15. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

David Rambo is not the only one that write Greg. Josh Beckman (David's Brother.) wroke Greg too and he also a Sandles fan. I wondering who will write Greg now since David Rambo is leaving. Are you sure David is leaving? I haven't heard anything. I know Shanki is Leaving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.