Talk Law & Order Here

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Nov 22, 2004.

1. smacked4ever

smacked4ever Prime Suspect

i liked both lenny and jack from the original show a lot. another character i like really well was played by bengamin bratt. (i can't think of his characters name sorry)

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

He played Det. Rey Curtis ;)

I liked Jesse Martin too (Ed Green) his and Jerry's (Lennie) character were funny. I also kind of liked Arthur Branch (Fred Thompson) his southern terms were at times funny. I love how he told Jack he would never be a District Attorney (ie his job) and it turns out Jack did make it to that job. :lol:

Some fav lines looking back (found at IMDB)

-Briscoe: I specifically asked for him to be put on suicide watch. Apparently here at Riker's that mean that they watch you commit suicide.

-Green: Rock, paper, scissors, gun.

-Briscoe: I'm trying to decide what to arrest you for - obstruction of justice, harboring a fugitive or just being a general pain in the ass!

-McCoy: Your grief might seem a little more real had you not just admitted you cut off your wife's head.

-Schiff: What? A mother and son killing each other's spouses. What the heck kind of family is this?
    Carmichael: A dysfunctional one.

-Green: If you're going to lie, be creative or we'll get bored.

-Carmichael: It's a suicide, it's an accident, it's a breath mint. This guy gives me a headache.

-Briscoe: If I was kiddin' you, I'd be wearin' a fez and no pants.

-Logan: You remember the last time you talked to your ex?
    Briscoe: July 17, 1994 2: 35pm

-Carmichael: (discussing a case) What do you call this?
    Green: Besides a bunch of crazy, rich white people with too much time on their hands?

3. smacked4ever

smacked4ever Prime Suspect

thank you for letting me know that and i also like jesse martin's character. i thought him, benjamin and jerry all had great chemistry when they worked together.

4. Destiny

Tv Guide Online

If this is the last season of Law & Order: SVU, does it mean we'll finally see Benson and Stabler together?

MICKEY: Well, it may or may not be the last season; nothing official has been announced. It all depends on how Law & Order: Los Angeles does. As for an ultimate Benson-Stabler hookup, don't hold your breath. First, it's totally not Dick Wolf's style to center one of his shows on a romance. Second, Olivia is already getting a new love interest. (Good to see you again, brutha.)

5. Destiny

Source EW:

Scoop: 'Law & Order: Los Angeles' subpoenas Skeet Ulrich

We finally have a face to put to the name spin-off.

Sources confirm that Jericho survivor Skeet Ulrich will play one of the two lead detectives on Law & Order: Los Angeles.

Ulrich’s character, Rex Winters, is described as an ex-Marine who possesses the natural intuition of a cop. His experience during the Rodney King riots — which occurred during his second month on the job — shaped his philosophy on police work. Basically, he believes the world is in chaos, and people are either good or bad. As an added twist, he’s married to his ex-partner.

Ulrich is the first actor to sign up for LOLA duty. Five other roles — including Ulrich’s onscreen partner — are currently being cast.

---------

'Lost' star Henry Ian Cusick signs on to 'Law & Order: SVU': Congrats, brutha!

It looks like we will be seeing Desmond Hume in another life after all. TV Guide reports that Lost actor Henry Ian Cusick has signed on for at least two episodes of Law & Order: SVU.

According to SVU producer Neal Baer, Cusick will be playing graphic artist Erik Weber, and will engage in some “flirtation” with Detective Benson (Mariska Hargitay). As The Island’s ultimate romantic, this makes total sense…but what about Penny?!

I’m happy that one of my favorite Losties has gotten another high-profile gig now that the show is over, and making a stop at the Law & Order set almost seems like a rite of passage in Hollywood these days. But after portraying such a widely beloved character on Lost, this news begs the question: Will Cusick be — gasp! — playing the bad guy? (Not the first time we would have seen it — Ian Somerhalder played one creepy SVU baddie pre-Lost back in 2003.)

6. Destiny

Source: TvGuide Online

Exclusive: Maria Bello Signs On to SVU

Maria Bello has signed on to appear on Law & Order: SVU, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

The Golden Globe- and SAG-nominated actress (A History of Violence, The Cooler) will appear in two episodes,

playing a woman with a secret past that Detective Benson is investigating,

according to a source close to the production.

It's also a reunion of sorts for Bello and SVU executive producer Neal Baer, who worked together on ER. Her episodes have not been scheduled.

7. Destiny

Source: TMZ

TMZ has learned Ice-T has been arrested in New York City.
    Ice was allegedly driving on a suspended license, pulled over for driving without a seat belt and taken into custody.

Ice tweeted a while ago that he and Coco were taking their dog to the vet. Spartacus was having knee surgery.

We're told Ice was processed at the 10th Precinct in Chelsea and released.

8. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I'm now a fan of SVU! I'm starting to watch it now. I believe I'm in season 2 already. I've watched about 4 episodes from the past two seasons and now I'm catching up.

I'm a fan of crime shows. After all, they are not the same. CSIs, NCISs, Criminals Minds, SVU, Castle and Bones are all different from one another. I thought I'm going to be tired of these shows. Apparently, I'm not! :lol:

How ironic! The law enforcer on TV is now a law breaker in real life! :lol:

9. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

I like SVU as well. I didn't watch it for a while (say 1,5 years), but apart from Leverage and Flashpoint, I have nothing to watch during the summer so I catch up with some older seasons of SVU. I'm in season 2 as well. Very funny to see a very young Hayden Panettiere.

10. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I started watching it last season but didn't have much time to continue. Now it's summer I can watch as many episodes as I can. Who is Hayden?

11. Destiny

Here ya go. Hayden Panettiere from IMDB. :) For SVU go down to number 20 on the list of "actress".

12. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Thanks! :) She was on 'Heroes'. Never watched that show. I'll wait for her SVU episodes on USA/MyNetwork.

13. Destiny

Source: Yahoo! News

Alfred Molina to join new `Law & Order' series

LOS ANGELES – Veteran film and Broadway actor Alfred Molina is joining the cast of "Law & Order: Los Angeles," which debuts this fall as the newest member of the NBC crime drama family.

Molina will play Deputy District Attorney Morales, said Dick Wolf, creator and executive producer of the series nicknamed "LOLA" that will air 10 p.m. Eastern time on Wednesdays.

The show's premiere date — and the first name of Molina's character — have yet to be announced.

"I am thrilled that Fred is `LOLA's' deputy D.A.," Wolf said in a statement Saturday, adding that Molina joins a list of outstanding character actors who have starred in "Law & Order" series, including Sam Waterson, Dianne Wiest and Michael Moriarity.

"Law & Order: Los Angeles" will join "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" on NBC. The original "Law & Order" ended its run last season after 20 years to share a longevity record with "Gunsmoke."

Skeet Ulrich ("Jericho") plays a lead detective in the new crime drama that, like its predecessors, divides its episodes between the work of police and prosecutors.

Molina's film credits include "Raiders of the Lost Ark," "Spider-Man 2" and "The Da Vinci Code." He recently starred on Broadway in the Tony Award-winning drama "Red."

"Law & Order: Los Angeles" is produced by Wolf Films and Universal Media Studios. Wolf is joined by Rene Balcer, Blake Masters and Peter Jankowski as executive producers.

14. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Now I understand the sentiments of some fans from other forum about the show. Some said that last season was the worst ever. The show started to go down hill after season 8. The show must look back at the earlier seasons to know what is great and not.

I'm a new fan. I'm watching S2 and S11 the past couple of days. I must say they are correct. I mean, I have the same comments for the show. There is a really big difference in quality between episodes from S2 and S11. So far the best episode I have seen was 'Closure Part 2' of S2. The worst is 'Sugar' of S11.

In S2, it's all about special victims. The stories were great with nice surprising twist in the end. In S11, the episodes were good but not as good as S2. Some episodes so far were flawed.

'Sugar' - how the heck the suspect was able to carry the bag with a girl almost as heavy as she is and throw it in a subway window??? Subway security where are you?:wtf: The twist in the end is not necessary and I think it's forced.

'Solitary' - this was good but Stabler visiting an ex-con to say sorry in the middle of the night, not to mention he chose to walk nearer the edge of the building???

'Spooked' - this was great except that it's way out of SVU's hands.

'Hammered' - a good episode with unsatisfying ending.

I'm still a fan, though. The changes in quality were just so noticeable. I heard 'Perverted' was great and I can't wait to watch it this weekend. :)

15. Destiny

Source: TvGuide Online

Law & Order: Los Angeles Books Corey Stoll

Corey Stoll has snagged the role of Skeet Ulrich's on-screen detective partner in Law & Order: Los Angeles, a show rep says.

The Salt actor will play Detective Tomas "TJ" Jaruszalski, the partner of Rex Winters (Ulrich). TJ is described as a confident Los Angeles native with a disdain for the entertainment industry and an active social life, according to casting breakdowns. He sees the world as a complex place with lots of gray areas, which helps him both get into the heads of criminals and win them over.

Stoll, best known for a multi-episode arc on NCIS, also joins Alfred Molina on the spin-off series. The role of Assistant District Attorney Eva Price and police Lt. Park have both yet to be cast.

Stoll's casting was first reported by Deadline.

Production of Law & Order: Los Angeles is scheduled to begin Monday. The series premieres Wednesday, Sept. 22 at 10/9c on NBC.