George/Nick: Texan Charm #11

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyMaverick

LadyMaverick Dead on Arrival

Has any one heard if George will be back for Season 11? Just a note on George's size.. I know someone who met him recently and she says he is much smaller than she was expecting (height and weight) and also better looking in person.

2. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

I haven't heard anything about season 11 yet. I'm hoping something shows up in my google alerts soon.

I don't really go to that board either. Actually, the last time I did was when somebody told me that I was mentioned by name. :wtf: I found that to be extremely weird and a bit stalkerish.

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I haven't heard anything either. I suppose no news is good news :D

Not only do they mention you by name, but they link to your posts too. :rolleyes: Today was the first day I've been there in months. Then again we're monitoring it 24/7 :rolleyes: and it's amazing I actual bring in a paycheck. :rolleyes:

Jacquie? :guffaw: Exactly!

In any case, I love George just the way he is. :D Except for the mustache and the longer hair. :shifty: Sorry, but I didn't like that. However it didn't make me drool any less :D

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I just find them absolutely fascinating in a sociological way.:lol:

Not to mention, they are so funny.:guffaw:

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

But, like I do, you can always count on Speedy or Blackflag to find those and post them here for us. :lol:

6. LionsHeart

LionsHeart Lab Technician

EDIT I realised I was being little hostile, so decided to delete this.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I usually come to this site or one over at Live Journal to find articles. I only went there because my name was mentioned..SEVERAL TIMES doing things I didn't know was I doing, I wasn't even aware of the stuff I was doing. That was news to me..:lol: It bothered me alot at first, now I just laugh it off cause it's funny.

Well, as I said to a friend of mine, it says more about them..than it says about us. I'd rather spend my time on the internet criticizing social policies than debate a tv actor's looks.

George is a very good looking guy whether he's gained weight, lost weight, has a mustache, has long hair, short hair.

On top of that, he's a very smart guy and a charitable one.

And he's successful at what he does. So maybe he doesn't have an Oscar or an Emmy on his mantle, but he's had steady work for a long time. That's more than most people in that field have had.

And that's all that matters really. I don't think he's concerned about some internet website criticizing him, so I don't think we should be either.

However, it's still a highly entertaining website.

8. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

Well, I don't hate you and I do not think you are a nutcase. You said that you think George is a great actor and wish everything good for him. Rock on! I feel the exact same way.

I just scratch my head that my name was brought up there. I don't participate on that board. I guess it's because I mod Only_Nicky and Nick_Discussion.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2010
  9. Smokey

Because LionsHeart had second thoughts and deleted her post that was quoted in the one above, I went ahead and removed the quote. In this case it seemed appropriate to respect her wishes of not having it up anymore.

And let's please go ahead and discuss Nick/George now, not what other people say or do on other sites. Thanks! :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

So on to more positive topics...

George is a great actor and in my opinion and underestimated one. What kind of roles do you think he would be good at when he's done with CSI.

I was thinking of the character like Professor Xavier in X-Men, kind of the wise professor type advising groups of young heroes.

11. Smokey

I hate to typecast, but I sure do like him in the law enforcement role. :adore: Maybe something like a detective next time? I'm sure he'd rather do something different tho. I know he's always wanted to play a superhero. :) Cowboys are good too, but there I go typecasting again! I think just about anything he does will be good, although I wonder how it would be to see him as a villain?

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

When I read this, I thought about a recap Leslie Sobell did at Television Without Pity where she writes, "George Eads is about as scary as an attack kitten." :guffaw:I'm paraphrasing because I can't find the exact quote but basically she was saying some actors do better at playing nice guys than evil guys.

I'm not saying George couldn't play a character, but he's much better at playing good guys.

I see him playing more tragic heroes because that guy can emit deep-seated emotions across the screen like very few actors can. So that's my guess at what kind of roles he'd be good at.

For example, he could play a few roles Nick Nolte has done such as Tom Wingo in Prince of Tides (the book was far better than the movie) and General Colnel Oliver in Hotel Rwanda-who by the way was based on a real life UN Peacekeepr-Romeo Dallaire-who if a movie was made about that guy (one was done in Canada)by a Hollywood producer, George would be great at the role, except he'd have to learn to speak French..:eek:

ETA: Here is the exact quote, "He's supposed to be intimidating, but since this is George Eads, the effect is not unlike watching someone threaten you with their attack kittens. I tell you -- born to play the amiable nice-guy roles." Leslie Sobell

*wanders off with image of George standing around with angry kittens in both hands saying in a threatening tone of voice, "Say hello to my little friends..":guffaw:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  13. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I loved him in Just a Walk in the Park, so I would love to see him do comedies. Either a regular comedy or a romantic comedy.

14. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I think I remember reading an interview on here (I think some time during the last season or so) where George said he'd love to sink his teeth into a war movie. I'd take that. Who could say no to that man in a uniform! :drool:

Of course he's also done the voice of Captain Atom in the Justice League cartoon. So, yah, a real superhero role (after all he does like drawing them) with the skin tight costumes... :devil: :devil: :devil:

Susan

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  15. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Jumping into the thread because of this comment. Shameless comic book nut, right here! :D

I remember that episode. He did a pretty good job voicing Captain Atom. Unfortunately, because of CSI, he was unable to continue with the role. Which is a shame because the Captain played an important part in the show's main storyarc. Plus, it would have been an opportunity to hear George play opposite the usual good guy stuff - Captain Atom went fist to fist with Superman. Awesome stuff.

Now that I've officially showed by geek off, I'm leaving. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.