What Do You Think About Eddie Cibrian's Departure? *spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by baybeehannah, Jun 17, 2010.

1. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Re: CSI Miami - What Do You Think About Eddie Cibrian's Departure?

I don't mind him leaving. He was quite boring as a character and I don't think Eddie is a very gifted actor, but I do appreciate that he was working hard on that show, therefore I feel sorry for him. It's surprising - I thought they were supposed to develope his storyline in season 9...will they just drop it?That wouldn't be a surprise at all.
    Having said that, I wish him all the best, hope he finds a starring role in another decent crime drama. Here was just not needed, but another show may need a hot Cubano that he is.

2. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I'm speechless, neither happy nor sad. Just surprised a bit. I'll miss him but at the same time I want Eric back.

3. alexa

alexa Witness

WHAT?:eek::eek::eek: really?

Is so unfair:(
    in my opinion would prefer Calleigh or Eric but not JESSE! I think it's very unfair ... while useless characters still on the show... one more reason for me not watch S9.
    but to be honest too... thanks God it's not Natalia or Ryan!

4. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Mixed feelings. I knew it would be one of the newbies once the news came out that Eric was coming back full time.

I found Jesse likeable, but I think they put him out front way too soon.

Finch, I think you said it best.

It's really too bad, because I think the writers had a winner in The Three Musketeers. Ryan really needed some friends in that lab. Hopefully he still has Walter. Maybe Frank can start hanging around with them. Walter really needs somebody to make him behave.

5. baybeehannah

baybeehannah Witness

ETA: baybeehannah, I modified the title of the thread a tad to add a spoiler warning. :) That way, those who don't wish to know any specific plot details can avoid this thread.[/QUOTE]

Thnx, i was wonderin where tht came from LOL, thnx for lettin me know

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  6. electra

electra Pathologist

TPTB probably had very high expectations for him and he failed to deliver.He was not particularly bad,just bland.I wish him luck in another show .Nothing against the actor.

7. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I knew as soon as I heard AR was coming back that Eddie would be gone after this season....In my opinion they never should've brought him in till they knew for sure if Adam was coming back or not.....I prefer Jesses over Eric.....looked like their for awhile something may have started between him & Calleigh....I wonder if they're gonna get rid of the other newbies as well.......this show really has gone to pot.....I for one could care less about the romance between E/C.....i find it just as boring as I did H/M...........I think Eddie did a great job considering what he had to work with.....

8. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

well he was just starting to grow on me-glad to see Delko back but if Jesse leaves/dies whatever can we pretty please have Kyle Harmon FULLTIME????

9. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

10. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Wow. I haven't really seen Jesse too much (haven't watched much of Season 8), but I have to say that this is probably b/c Adam Rodriguez changed his mind and wanted to come back. I mean, I could tell from the few eps I had seen that Jesse was kind of blah, but it would've been nice to give him another shot, esp. b/c it may take a little while to "gel" w/the whole Miami cast - he did nice w/Ryan and Calleigh.

But there's no way miami could keep such a heavy cast, not w/"A-Rod" coming back (although I preferred the eps w/out Eric b/c there was wayyy less useless drama. I kind of liked the thing about Jesse's wife being murdered.) However, I think it's way less effective to kill off a newbie - it's obviously going to be nowhere near the emotion of Speed's death, so it's just kind of like, "Oh well, Jesse's dead, moving on..." eh.

Well now I guess we know who dies from the finale. Oh Well - RIP, Jesse - have fun w/Speed! (Oh, and that makes me sad too - he was the one who recommended Speed to Horatio! SADNESS!)

11. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

do we get to consider this another aspect of Horatio's "curse"? he did know Jesse well enough to run around LA trying to clear his name...Horatio won't have any buddies now from the old days since Sully is shot/in jail and his old sparring partner Rick Stetler is in prison as well...

12. mayra1990

mayra1990 Prime Suspect

What do i think.......umm........IM happy as heck ......finally the writers can focus on the core team!!!

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I'll believe that when I see it.

14. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

i don't like it. i was so hoping he'll stays at least for another season and then leaves with an interesting plot. but this was absolutely useless for him to even enter this show.
    it's so odd to make him leave after one season, then i don't see reason why he was even there.
    but i'd love to see him continue with others but at least i hope he'll be taken off with reasonable plot.
    ok that was my opinion about this:)

15. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

No surprise here.Delko was in so someone had to leave the show.They didn't want to let Eva leave because the would only have one female character.I like the fact that Jesse leaves because of possible storylines for Ryan!!I didn't care for his character that much and I wasn't really interested for his personal storyline.