The Football Thread #4 - It Is Not Soccer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Brazil was really dissapointing last night.O hope today we'll have better matches.

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

So first surprise, Switzerland beat Spain 1-0. And Chile beat Honduras with same numbers. Last game today is South-Africa-Uruguay.

I think Brazil- North Korea was fun to watch. Brazil's way to play has changed a lot and North Korea wasn't bad at all.

3. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Wow Spain.....that is a surprise...

But as I have stated in a post not far from here....a lot of factors matters when players come together on the national team.

Well ....lasted news online you can find a helpguide to "erase" the horn when watching on TV

It has something to do with decibels.....but I haven´t gone looking yet.

For my friend...ahem ....archenemy in football....Just kidding Palmtree

For TV with an equalizer
    1. Tun on tv
    2. enter menuen
    3. Find settings for volume
    4.choose equalizer
    5. Lower equalizerens 300 hz-bånd
    6.encrease all other ban for the equalizeren
    7. Enjoy the game without the valzylelluse(?):guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  4. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

I have to find this guide :shifty: It's getting on my nerves....

they score... bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    red card... bzzzzzzzzzzzz
    yellow card... bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    they miss.... bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    they play bad... bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    during the anthems... bzzz

there's no emotion anymore.....

and spain....well... there goes my bettingthing :cool:

thnx.... no offense... all is fair in love and war... and as our winning coach from 88' (when we won the European cup ;-) once said... "voetbal is oorlog" (football/soccer is war)...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  5. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

The vuvuzelas are no longer annoying me. I think the more you watch, the more you get used to them.

It'd be unfair to ban them as they are clearly part of the African game and their atmosphere.

I wouldn't like them to become part of the European game though. I love the atmosphere of European football, especially the singing but I think I can handle the vuvuzelas for a month. The only thing I now dislike about them is there is no singing :(

6. nessy

nessy Witness

I'm watching a fair few games, at least seeing parts of all three games, if not an entire game per day. Doesn't matter if it's England or not, however for England games I go down the pub to watch just because it's way more enjoyable that way and the atmosphere is fantastic.
    Love my surround sound system, the crowd noise comes out of the rear speakers, the vuvuzelas out of the front speaker so I get a fairly balanced sound and can hear the commentary, the crowd to a degree and the vuvuzelas don't drive me completely insane.

7. Ducky

I agree.
    Like we have a bunch of great players all over the Europe and they just don't get it together when playing in national team.

And I'm bit mad Hodgson left us and now we are stuck with Baxter as head coach.

As for vuvuzelas (orwhatever) - I read that they've selling well in UK now and I'm also sad if those will beat singing and all in Europe. I think it's great to hear the songs esp if they sing someone's name.

I watched first half of South Africa - Uruguay last night and... Kinda of sad that African countries are not doing as well as they thought they would.

8. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Indeed.... especially the english are known for their singing.... would be nice to hear some before the tournament is over.... maybe people will get tired using the vuvuzela's....

hmmz... indeed again... watched some matches yesterday...it seemed less... (maybe the results from south africa did that... )

9. Grissom rules

Today's matches:

Argentina vs S.Korea

Greece vs Nigeria

France vs Mexico

I really hope my country wins today.We can't afford another loss.Let's go Greece!!:guffaw:

10. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

The vuvuzelas being sold in the UK/Europe at the moment are clearly only for novelty value. I'd put good money on them NOT becoming part of the European game. Much as I'm sure people would try them for a laugh, ultimately the European fans like to sing and chant and nothing is going to change that.

Argentina were good today!

England tomorrow, whoooop whoooop :D

11. Grissom rules

Argentina was great today.Nice football!!

Greece vs Nigeria are tied at half time(1-1).W only need one more goal!Go Greece!

12. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

I hope Greece will win for you...

for my bettingthing I hope it will stay 1-1 (predicted this) ;)

I can't see the game live... from what I hear and read on the net... it's quite a game...

13. Ducky

Mexico beat France 2-0. Surprise there, if Mexico and Uruguay ties their game (they play against each other), it means France is out.

Oh I liked how Mexico plays.

Greece won 2-1. Didn'tsee the game (I cannot see games starting 5pm my time).

14. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

someone just mentioned (of course in the endless talkingshows after the match ;)) that number two probably will meet Argentina... so maybe that will prevent a boring game..

I'm still shaking my head at this yet another surprising outcome of a match at this worldcup.... :cool:
    And I don't know if I'm imagining things, but I thought I could hear more of the supporters this time..... less vuvu's

@Grissom rules... congrats with Greece's victory :)

15. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

No you weren't imagining...I heard the supports too. :)

Just kicking back and enjoying the World Cup. :)

[​IMG]

----------------
    [​IMG]