Criminal Minds #3: Beware The Office Of Unfettered Omniscience

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

More Tweets this is from Nathan Andersen. Otherwise known as AJ Cooks Husband.

-I can't believe they fired Henry, he's not even two. Save Henry!
    -Not making jokes, just been a long weekend. The efforts are GREATLY appreciated.
    -Loving the support for AJ and P. Off to airport to pick up Miss AJ.
    -RT @ pixelek: @ Vangsness @ JoeMantegna @ GUBLERNATION @ nathanandy Please RT and help us to make this a trending topic! #keepAJCookonCM #Sav ... [Referring to petition]

MG
    -I feel like I'm in a strange dream where nothing makes sense...

Also I put the link to the petition in my signature (as you can see) and last check they had Over 8400 signatures, probably more as I type this and it submit..

Going off the AJ & Paget topic
    Got any teasers for the new season of Criminal Minds?
    ADAM: The premiere will answer all the cliff-hanger's questions, in particular how and why Tim Curry's character started taking lives. "He's really the most prolific killer we've ever seen. He's done this his entire life," co-executive producer Erica Messer tells us. "The premiere will have to revisit and say, 'We know it's all about the dark, but why? Where did he start?'"

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  2. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

You know what I think, Charlie Sheen need to bring his money down, he ask for 1.25 millions dollar per. episode. Maybe that why CBS cuts two women off. They said, it's wasn't fiances, (I don't believe them.) They can said all they want.

3. Anna P

Anna P Witness

CBS has been looking to cut corners for a couple of years, I wonder who else will go away before September.

4. Half

Half CSI Level Two

The current count is 10384, and it's probably risen since I checked a minue ago. That's amazing.

The claim that they're doing this because "more males than females watch the show"? Complete BS. First of all, how is getting rid of two strong female characters goig to encourage more women to watch the show? Does CBS think that we don't watch shows unless there's no competition for the fictional attention of fictional characters? Second, if more men than women watch the show, there must be a very small difference, because 95% of the people that I know watch CM are women.

5. Destiny

Well the petition has over 10400 signatures to it and rising. As of 7:35 am et. Definitly a mass going on because I have seen blogs and all that and they are alerting EW, Tvguide, etc about it. They are also using the "Feedback" section (that I linked to above) to make complaints.

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

It's up to 10916 right now. I really hope they take notice and stop the madness :lol:!!

I like that through the tweets we are able to read the cast's (and even their significant others) reactions. It's good to know what they think. Thanks for posting Destiny :).

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

They claim more males than females watch the show? :wtf: A large majority of those men may want to see the women that they think are hot. But even still, studies/surveys have shown time and again that the largest portion of CM viewers are female (do we even have any male participants in this thread? And if we do it's like less than ten lol). The largest portion of CM fans on the other site I go to are women. Where did the CBS execs get the brilliantly incorrect information that more males than females watch CM? I'd just like to know. My dad is the only male that I know that watches it and JJ is his favorite on there. He thinks she's pretty.

Also we women may want male eye-candy, but we also like to see women we can relate to on shows. JJ is one that I can relate to. I mean I don't have a kid or anything, but there are other aspects of her character that I can relate to.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  8. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I'm a male viewer... and I find this line of reasoning to be crap! I really don't get why characters are being let go and quality shows were canceled (Cold Case) yet Charlie Sheen is getting paid money to stay on a show he says he doesn't want to do anymore. Throw in his legal problems...UGH!
    CBS's logic never ceases to amaze me.

9. Destiny

Twitter tweets AJ Cook

-Your kind words and support have made me feel wanted and loved!I love my castmates more then I can say, but they already know that.Thanks!!!

Thing is I haven't seen an article that states the reason behind it is because they want more male viewers, or have more. I have seen the articles that claim first that it was financial, then creative differences. The only time I have seen anything about it being sexist, this is the only thing I have read about male vs female.
    "the series has largely been perceived as a male-centered ensemble, with the boys getting most of the action."

Paget on twitter (which I posted and will repost)
    -"Creative Reasons" has been an Executive Bull*hit excuse for DECADES. It IS financial. AJ is a dreamboat. And yes, I am hurt, too.
    -Thanks to all the fans. From me, AJ and the cast. We love you. We will always appreciate your support. You are kind and wonderful. KISSES!!

The petition hints at it, "These two female characters are integral to Criminal Minds, not only as valuable members of the team of characters, but also as representatives of a population of strong working women in a field which is still primarily male-dominated."

Otherwise as I mentiond I haven't seen where they say that they have more male viewers then female viewers. Unless I missed something (which if one has a link I would kindly appreciate and look at). But none of the stars have claimed anything as such. :confused:

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Sigs were up to 11,733 last I checked. I put links up on my LJ and DA and another blog thing I go to. Hopefully the petition the negative responses on any and all sites that have reported this travesty will help and that CBS will actually pay attention to the fans and amend this.

11. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Petition count was at 12210 when I signed.

I know I haven't posted in this thread in a long time, but I still love the show. As everyone has already stated, I think CBS is pulling some major BS. If one of the actors wanted to leave, I'd totally understand, but that's not the case, so why mess with something that works so well?

12. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

I can't believe i've only just found out about them cutting A.J and cutting down pagets hours but I can't believe it, they are taking two great characters away. To me it feels sexist and to say that criminal minds is watched mainly by men is ridiculous i'd say about its about 75% women.

JJ is a great character and loved by so many, who will replace her? no-one else on the team can, and they can't survive without her so what she's going to be replaced by some other actor, so much for budget cuts and if she is replaced by a man that will leave all but garcia and emily and if emily's hours are cut it might as well be called criminal minds the all male show:scream:

I'm thouroughly (sp?) dissapointed and upset and now not looking foward to the new season as much as I was :(

13. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I don't remember where I read that line of reasoning, Destiny. It was when I first read about it on a link through Twitter. I'll post it of I can find it again.

14. Destiny

Naw just wondering. I think alot of it is getting out of hand, neither Paget or anyone so far associated with the show has said that it was because of male viewers, hence my confusion. Paget I believe (as I posted) said it best and truthfully, that it is about money and not creative difference.

The reason I mention it getting out of hand is based on so many reasonings behind the moves. The more males watch, they [cbs] is being sexist, AJ wanted more money, AJ wanted more air time, Paget wanted more money. Then it was because of the spinoff.

Then people demanding that Joe leave to give AJ more money/time, same with Paget, because Thomas and Shemar's characters do the samething as his character, then Joe is dead weight on the show. Well If Joe didn't leave then Shemar (for same reasons but not the dead weight part), they it was Matthew, etc, etc.

Honestly by the sounds of it from what we heard from the cast I don't think either of the actresses would want anyone to leave for them. I think if it came to CBS saying you or thomas, they wouldn't allow CBS to even tell him they would just go. That is the way that they are. NOT SAYING THIS IS the reason. Just what people are saying from a couple articles.

These castmates seem truely surprised by this move by CBS. But here is the thing, none of them (including Paget who was blunt or AJ mention sexist) Besides Kristen Vangsness is staying on will they or won't they increase her role (slightly have been taking her on more trips with them) and the Alaska ep. They cut Paget down not out, they plan to add another female to the cast to replace AJ.
    If CBS was being sexist, then it would be another male to the cast and Paget would be out, Kristen (well she is in limbo either way right now). I am just not seeing it as being that way.

I know fans are talking because they are angry. But and I don't know either AJ or Paget but to threaten to stop watching (I signed I complained/commented/requested on the feedback) but I won't stop watching because Paget was "Cut down" (if she agrees to it) Thomas, Shemar, Joe & Matthew are all still there and would be punished through no fault of their own, not like they like the moves anymore then the fans.

I keep putting up the tweets, the stories when they are there, I have the petition addy in my signature, I will try to help in anyway I can I will even pray that the network and those involved in this mess realize their mistake, but I am going to wait back and just be calm about it. I get the anger I do. But anger can make us say things that later we think did I really say that or did I really mean to say that (not saying anyone did here or anywhere just making the general comment).

Be angry, be mad, be upset, be proactive, fight for keeping them, but also keep calm. They asked as much your support inspires them and enlightens them.

Hope that made some type of sense lol.

15. electra

electra Pathologist

14456 and counting!!! I will tell everyone I know about it.CBS had to give "Jericho " a proper ending and Adam Rodriguez came back so it is posible.:) I will probably never stop watching but we have a right to complain.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.