Criminal Minds #3: Beware The Office Of Unfettered Omniscience

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Why would they dropped AJ Cook from the show to bring in the new female cast? I hope Paget said no to reduced unless she want to be on less. I like Emily and JJ, they fit with the teams. My favorite are Hotch and Rossi and they won't drop them from the show, so it Reid and Morgan and Garcia.

Someone said other board and said, we need to get rid of Les Mooves, he need reduced his salary, he make too much money. He got rid of Ghost Whisperers and Cold Case because they are getting to expensive when they goes sixth season.

I will still watch the show along it Hotch, Rossi, Reid and Garcia on the show. I like Emily, I hope she stay with the show. She is there for Hotch.

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

First real reaction from Joe Mantega on his twitter page:

Man, I'm still in complete shock after the last news :wtf::wtf:

Dropping AJ is like dropping Lisa Kudrow from FRIENDS and I think I've said it all....it is just insane. I sure hope they won't do the same thing with Paget.

I can't believe they did such a thing. I know it's CBS, still I wasn't expecting it at all.

3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

"refresh a veteran drama"

Why? Does JJ make CM stale that they need to replace her? JJ is the freshest looking cast member on the show! She brings light and life, aside from Garcia. Why not just cancel the spin-off and focus on CM!

This news is so upsetting though I'm just a regular viewer. I started watching CM because it's on before CSI: NY. How much more to those die-hard CM fans since day 1? Well, maybe they don't have a choice. She's the minor major character. I hope they don't completely write her off the show. Make room for a come-back.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  4. electra

electra Pathologist

I have not watched since day one but I am obssesed with this show.Do not tell anyone but I have watched all episodes at least 3 times.I love the chemistry between the characters and I am worried that they may bring someone new that does not "fit".I am upset but not as much as if it was Hotch ,Morgan or Rossi.

Geeno,I am still mad about Angell on NY!!!;)

5. Anna P

Anna P Witness

Why tamper with the success of a top rated show? It's thinking like this that made NBC the network it is today.

6. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

electra, me too. I'm still so mad about Angell. I tried to deny that happened but I can't.

7. electra

electra Pathologist

That's why I think recurring characters are also important.I am afraid some would leave becouse JJ is not there like I did with NY.And to replace her is worst.

I agree about NBC.It's so different now that there is no ER,friends or Seinfield.

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

:lol: No, and that was hilarious. :lol:[/QUOTE]
    Thank you, not only should I slap my own hand no different then a non mod poster right. ;) That and it did add a touch of levity. :lol:

Twitter CM Stars

JM
    -RT @ Gibsonthomas: To say we're all mystified and disappointed is an understatement...all the fan support is much appreciated! Stay tuned...
    -and upon returning to the U.S. yesterday I learned what's going on. I'm still making calls.....

TG
    -To say we're all mystified and disappointed is an understatement...all the fan support is much appreciated! Stay tuned...

JM Facebook
    Joe Mantegna I was in Europe for the last 3 weeks promting Criminal Minds, which by the way is huge over there, and upon returning to the U.S. yesterday I learned what's going on. I'm still making calls.....

Criminal Minds CBS Twitter Official from the CM CBS website.

ETA:

JM Twitter
    -Petition [To save the girls]
    -RT @ Vangsness: Let's sign this crime fighters [Referres to petition]
    -RT @ [Name Removed]: When Joe F***** Mantegna tells you to do something, you do it. [Referres to petition]
    -@ [Name Removed] Of course we are. We love them and the show wouldn't be the same without them.

KV
    -Xxxooo RT: @ JoeMantegna [Referres to petition]

Joe Facebook
    Joe Mantegna Petition addy again from twitter above
    AJ Cook & Paget Brewster on Criminal Minds! Petition Keep AJ Cook & Paget Brewster on Criminal Minds! Petition, hosted at PetitionOnline.com

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I signed it. It's now up to 4391 sigs or something like that. They must be really stupid to even attempt this. A large portion of the fans are going to automatically hate the new girl just because she replaced JJ. Didn't they learn anything from the Riley situation on CSI? Although I loved Riley, but a large portion of the fans didn't because they felt she was either replacing Warrick or Sara. So what did they do? They listened to that part of the fans, got rid of Riley and brought back Sara. So maybe CM will end up doing the same... getting rid of the new girl by the end of next season and bringing JJ back. This current cast has the most amazing chemistry of any ensemble cast since Friends. They do not need to go messing with a good thing. What is wrong with these people?

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I thought this was one show that had really great team dynamics.I hate to see it changed. The show doesn't need to be "refreshed",at least the cast of the show doesn't.

11. Destiny

Paget Brewster just Tweeted (Yes I edited)

-"Creative Reasons" has been an Executive Bullsh*t excuse for DECADES. It IS financial. AJ is a dreamboat. And yes, I am hurt, too.
    -Thanks to all the fans. From me, AJ and the cast. We love you. We will always appreciate your support. You are kind and wonderful. KISSES!!

I signed the petition I was number 3685, my dad 5842. I am having other friends from my Baseball site sign it. Some love them. Some never seen it but for me will sign it lol.

12. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

Wow. I forgot I was supposed to be back until I heard the news and NOW I AM SUPER PISSED.

Have I mentioned that Emily Prentiss is my FAVORITE CHARACTER ON TV?

This upsets me, although it is typical CBS BS (Coincidence that the last two letters in CBS are "BS"? Because I don't think so). Why would you want to "refresh a veteran drama" that's going so well? Maintaining the same cast for so long has been a big portion of CM's success. Messing with that is just going to upset the show's loyal fans (Oh, hey, wait. It is!). This is the single most RETARDED thing EVER. Even more so than killing Angell, which pissed me off a pretty bit, too.

I don't even know if I can convey my feelings right now.

GAAAAH.

13. Destiny

Just adding in I got 9 more from my Baseball msg board to sign it and they did, and they are getting some of their friends to sign it. They all love the show.

I just looked something up, they [CBS] claim that orginially it was financial, before the fans started in about the spinoff and such. I found this info from May 2010.

CBS is paying other show actor Charlie Sheen right around $1.25 million per ep. roughly $30 million per year. also has a stake in the sitcom’s profits, which include lucrative syndicated reruns and DVD sales, which is supposedly worth an additional $50 million per season, so $80M total. He is the highest paid actor.

After people raised the spinoff and Charlie, suddenly the show says its creative differences.... Mmm-hmm yeah.

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Why fix what's not broken....? I just don't get it. Now they are saying she'll be replaced? What's up with CBS this year??? They are making the weirdest, most dumbfounding decisions. It's like "what stupid idea can we come up with today?". Gosh!

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, if they keep this up, CBS will be least watch network ever. But hopefully all the negative feedback they are getting from outraged fans will make them change their minds. Obviously if over four thousand people are saying they may quit watching the show if this happens, surely they'll not risk losing those ratings. Unless they are trying to kill the show on purpose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.