Mac Taylor's Love Life *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 7, 2010.

?

Who do you want to see Mac Taylor with?

1. Aubrey Hunter

18 vote(s)
    15.3%
  2. Peyton Driscoll

9 vote(s)
    7.6%
  3. Stella Bonasera

66 vote(s)
    55.9%
  4. No one--Mac should stay single

12 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. Mac can schtupp a couch for all I care

13 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Not in my opinion and in my heart :D ;)

It's what in my country we call "open the umbrella", just not to raise too many expectations just in case ;)

2. IMSMacked

IMSMacked Victim

I'm hoping Stella and Mac will be together someday. LOL.
    I hope Melina Kanakaredes writes more episodes :D
    (And I hope Season 7 doesn't disappoint us too.)

3. ASCHATRIA

ASCHATRIA Witness

this has become Stella-Stella situation, some kind ultimatum. Im sure there would be more luck for Mac the next season (just to make you happy Ghawazee!) so that umbrella maybe get handy. :drool:

4. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

The problem with you, my dear friend, is you have already seen many movies ;)

Stella is the intelligent option. If our people don't choose her then it's their problem, not mine

Your already know my opinion on that matter which won't change things anyway :D (For God's sake! I would have put them together a season ago!)

IMSmacked--> i truly want Melina's episodes. She made us very happy with her writing ;)

5. ASCHATRIA

ASCHATRIA Witness

Ghawazee hope your wish come true so you can use that umbrella to defend yourself from a rain of kisses, and not get overtaken under them! ;D :drool: :devil:
    and after this year of desert without rain its about time. I know elapidHUN agrees!

6. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

oh well, even the dessert can surprises you with strange storms:lol:

Mac and Stella are so natural for each other you don't need too much words to develop a relationship between them. That's why i want Mac chooses Stella mou :D

7. IMSMacked

IMSMacked Victim

It is about time, but I really hope the writers know that ;) And yes, I loved that episode which Melina wrote. I hope she gets another chance to write this season.
    I agree, Ghawazee!

8. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

It was so good indeed:drool::drool::drool: And i liked how all characters were in search of Stella and their relationships with her were explored too:drool:

9. macpeyfan

macpeyfan Witness

I hated the way "they" got rid of Peyton - I think the last 3 ep's she was in were awful (in the way they treated her - Snow Day was wonderful, in and off itself). I suspect that the writers knew that Claire Forlani wouldn't be back and they didn't care what her character did or how she was percieved. The first episodes with her were great (in my opinion) - the shock of Mac having a life outside the office, the "Oh my, Mac and his friend are on the same case, the "yes, we do have a relationship" ,moment at the end. Etc, etc., until Claire Forlani announced that she was getting married and moving back to England - at that point, the writers seemed to give her "ya, whatever scripts".

10. elapidHUN

elapidHUN Victim

I cant tell that there was no chemistry betwean them two, I think there was but kind of which writers can use to push further Mac character, but that was it, and for a fact Peyton lift him up, like a simple mean, not to stay at all; maybe to be frank- decorational; and if they make her shallow and uninteresting thats all in the hands of writers, I believe there is a way making a good "bad" char but not making it shallow, and by that not making a show also flat and shallow.

11. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

honey, i think if a character is shallow you can't blame for everything to writers

But i don't believe Peyton is shallow. She just pretended Mac's...errr love????? for all kind of wrong reasons. Actually i still don't know if she pretended his love or his full attention but anyway! :D

And again i repeat Stella is the right woman for Mac. I will never stop saying that no matter if i am here or i live in Cuba:rolleyes:

Poor Smackies are always the same group who accept this over and over again:wtf:

12. ASCHATRIA

ASCHATRIA Witness

Peyton was prety good agitator, the only nasty thing was the way she came back crawling, but than again if she didnt we wouldnt have that fabolous scene "are you jealous?"
    If she done that why coming back. Probobly for some more attention; hate girl who treat guy like a throphy!
    She made it once, but twice? It would be waaay to meaningfull and I would question what are Mac's plans with her.
    Than again we have Stella, let her have her fav boyfriend. :) :) :)

13. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Weighing in after awhile. Teh offseason will do that to ya :lol:. A few threads I wanna pop into; this is random number one on a break.

I think Macslady has brought up some very good points. I won't quote everything because I am trying to keep my notorious post sizes down :p.

I find it amusing that there seem to be some comments that bemoan relationships and personal material as being default soap opera elements but yet also wish for Sheldon's to finally make it on air, or for characters to still get some focus. If it's about not being interested in Mac in particular being subject to either, the couch option is there to call it what it is :p.

Riiiight.

Honey, I have no problem at all Not Choosing Stella ;) I also presume to hold a basic level of intelligence. So I jus --

oo!

lookit, shiny... oh hey! mmm, paste... :p :lol:

> Basically: whatever & to each their own, as far as shipper issues go :).

As for the show and what's actually now made it to air, and what's been left so incredibly open-ended and non-committal with regards to any relationship for Mac that it could easily fade into the S8 mists w/o even the trouble of a letter:

I'll just reiterate here that I still think that Stella was never intended as an "option" within the so-called triangle :lol:. So far as my (intelligent) math can deduce, a triangle has three sides, not four :p. Yes, PV's Twilight phrasing made me cringe. But the froofy dust that's been kicked up for the interviewer's inevitable question and poke at a shipper issue is mildly boggling. But I suppose that, if anything, is my problem ;). I think there's room in the show for hints of relationships and personal material. But the show is definitely bigger than hints of relationships and personal material.

What I'm most wryly exhausted by is the overhyping of relationship issues (or any issues, or guest appearances etc.) relative to what makes it onscreen in order to generate buzz for the show. The Twillight comment, which was no doubt meant tongue in cheek, was uncomfortable because it had such possibility to derail things into sudsy supersensationalism. And here I am, amid the bubbles :lol:. DL was bad, in that there was a weekly reference reminding everyone of their union and on the rare occasion there wasn't, a weekly OliverTwist spoiler question on some board somewhere about when there would be more; but in some ways this has been like tossing detergent on a lawn and waiting for the sprinklers to come on: they not only have, but it's rained lightly to boot :lol:

Revisiting this thread now after having seen the eps it all relates to, I have to say I was reasonably impressed with (and ultimately relieved by) how low-key the matter has been. I think the set up with Mac asking Aubrey out was fun and not over the top. It may indicate an inner evolution but was not imo out of character. I think the following material devoted to them was also low-key and well done, and as far as it may have been part of the Triangle, worked well; by that I mean that things were both established enough and still early enough that I found the interaction and probing/jousting/poking/ backNforth between Mac & Peyton, about who was seeing whom and in what capacity etc., pointed even with the pair of them 3 years removed, and also entertaining. It was a fun exchange, and one that also served the ep. By far more than I was expecting.

The only wrinkle that took me out of the ep and the arc was the somewhat curious & possibly unintentionally dismissive line that Aubrey was just a friend; it's either a key line or a throwaway that was unnecessary; either way, it got more speculation than was warranted from me :lol:. As far as triangles go, that result was about a successful a one as I could have hoped for, especially given the dread its hyped announcement initially induced in me. If the show does go forward with something for Mac next season, so long as the show continues to skirt the rim of soap-operatic confrontation and the like, there may be a decent return for all the hyped nonsense.

Returning to the theoretical and not what's actually made it onscreen. What I cannot wish upon anyone, are two simultaneous main-character canon pairings. DL & Smack both? At the same time? CSINY would cease to be CSINY and would certainly be a different show altogther. I think using recurring characters permits more flexibility, fluidity, and space.

If the show handles the inclusion of Sheldon's rumoured romantic interest in the same way as they handled the introduction of Aubrey, they'd be doing well. I think there could be room to hint that everyone is eking out a life outside the department. Everyone does go home at the end of the day, except for Stella on occasion, who sometimes favors her couch. Given the people they've written into her personal life I'm not surprised.

I think it's a natural progression for shows as they get older to look into their characters a little more. The material may be devoted to family members, or personal pursuits, or relationships, who knows. So long as that material does not outweigh the balance of its weekly criminal set of circumstances, me and the show are good on principle. How well it's integrated is another story. Literally and figuratively. If the show goes the flavor of S5 DL or what we saw in this season's finale, then Houston, you an' me, we have a problem.

Sheldon getting an LI, good. I'm preparing to feel my cockles warmed again. Sid or Flack or Adam's family getting more play? Awesome.

Mac? I've no problems with Aubrey at the moment. Peyton? Thought POV was fun; do I see the show somehow moving her back from London? Not really, but who knows. Do I see them somehow starting a long-distance relationship where one wasn't in the offing for S4? Wouldn't fly well with me, honestly. I didn't like the letter, but think wrapping it up instead of dragging it half-assed into S4 was probably the right thing to do.

I hope the show doesn't go the way of a long-distance relationship, as a method of trying to have a relationship w/o having to write for it or deal with airtime. The same would hold true should they ship Aubrey off overseas. To overquote the Yoda line, do or do not. There is no try. Don't bother to include any relationship if it is not valued enough as a show element to give it some play.

Couch? Always an option for me, and preferential at any point down the road as well to counter any hint that suds may rise. Stella? Sorry, but still no. And that's mostly based on concerns for the balance of the show.

Now if you'll excuse meh, I'd like to finish my paste :p.

14. elapidHUN

elapidHUN Victim

Tnx, made me thinkin, but not on Smac; For fact there is lack of warmth in their status; in one epi he says appreciate it like he is broomsticked down the throat; and looking S she is prety woman type, and he is, well I dont have comparison! I found this on net but just for fun not to make anybody mad! It made lough to tears! :)
    http://www.artns.us/Celebrity-twins-CSI.html

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

completely agree - but it works, it really does seem to get people talking more than anything else so i guess we're stuck with it!

yeah, i totally agree :) i also think it's perfectly natural, partly from the POV of the writers wanting to explore their creations but also viewers want to see something a bit different and get the characters to get shaken up a little bit - but the integration can be a big problem, it shouldn't become priority number 1.

definitely - it's been far more sensitively handled than the spoiler yelling and subsequent bun fights would've suggested. it's actually been kept relatively low key and subtle, which is great! and, like you said, pretty open ended too, which is also good as it allows scope for it to be written around upcoming eps, instead of upcoming eps being shoe horned to fit into the triangle.

oh yeah, and

very very well said :D