Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

It is my opinion that when a ship has an outspoken fanbase or it seems a lot of people are following it the comment of "oh they are all teens who do nothing more than be on the internet all day long" is almost always made by anti-shippers because it's hard for them to believe that that particular ship could actually have a big following. I've read that Danny and Lindsay shippers all are teens, as well as GSR shippers. And just for the record I'm not a GSR or D/L shipper. I'm 29 and married so I don't fall in the teen category either.

Having said that it's no mystery that I want no more angst and drama for Eric and Cal and that I think they deserve to just be happy and flirty and fun which is what made me like this couple so much in the first place. They have great chemistry and are good together so I would like them to just be for a while. I too loved the flirty scenes they had this season like when Cal was teasing him about going home and he said to save a little something. That was cute. They really do these scenes well.

2. Divot

Divot Victim

Hey HipHugger and Snowbunny and others responding positively about E/C......I too am no teen - that train left the station years ago. I am older than dirt! Not a shipper of any other couple - these two actors bring an adult outlook to the characters. Yup TPTB do write prolonged 'angst' scripts, but even with the sub-par material, both actors have brought their characters to a very adult view and 'delivered the goods.' That was why I joined up here. And why I have trouble understanding the 'anti-EC' threads. The scripts aren't the best but the two actors are phenomenal.

3. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Just add me to that list too! :lol: I'm way past my teenage years, having two teenagers at home myself!
    And, EC is the only TV couple I ship.
    I have no idea where the idea that all EC shippers are teenagers came from :rolleyes:!
    Btw, Jag Lady, I'm also a big fan of DLS! It's a real shame how the show got rid of him and never gave him a chance to have a bigger part! Such a waste of talent :(!

4. electra

electra Pathologist

Seems like I am the youngest here!!:lol: IMO the dislike thread changed the feeling of the Miami general board section and I tend to avoid it if I can.But that's for another thread.

I think the writers did a better job in the last episodes then when the season started.To give the writers credit they were not sure about Adam situation in the first episodes."Bad seed" is still awful but now that Adam is back hopefully we will see the fun side of the relationship.If they develop Ryan and Natalia they can give some drama to them so we can enjoy a break.

5. Southern&Cuban

Southern&Cuban Victim

Hi! I'm new here but I've been reading this thread everyday religiously. I'm now one of the youngest too, I was a teenager less year ago. :)

I agree with you electra, the fact that Adam's departure wasn't completely confirmed might have been the reason of all the relationship drama we got at the beginning of the season. But I also think Calleigh's situation in Backfire and then the wire issue in Time Bomb were "necessary" to show that their relationship was evolving and that it was strong enough to overcome those difficulties.

But I'm still shocked with how the season finale ended. Was it pointless drama to create a bigger cliffhanger or does it have another purpose? Hopefully it's the first because I'd hate to see a proposal, hear them dramatically say how much they love each other or something like that just because one of them almost dies (again!). :rolleyes:

6. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I completely agree with the rest of your post (perhaps not such a huge angst fan here) but I too feel that they could have a huge angst free period and then a little loving. As I have ranted:p in other treads....writers are IMO limitting(?) themself with their handling of characters and storylines. If they had everchanging characterbased episodes then Ryan - fans could have their share and Nat fans their share and we could have "our E/C" focus episode. I am fine with writers "inter - cutting" some EC - loving in between the "Wolfe in sheep skin" but then they repeat the trick the next season. Why ????

Let´s for sake of argument say ....they need some drama and some chock effect every 3 episodes....Does the E/C storyline need to be the only solution?????

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  7. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

How old are you by the way, just curious. The dislike thread, I still think it's stupid:

1st of all, there's ALREADY one for the whole franchise and they get one in the Miami forum, that's crap and the moderators still allow it for some reason I don't know.

2nd of all, if you hate something, won't you drift from it?....:scream:
    Oooooh everyone look to the right of the screen 'In The Wind' is on next monday....GO EC!!!:lol:

8. electra

electra Pathologist

I wil be 21 soon.:lol:

"Into the Wind" was my first episode this season.Then I decided it was a good idea to watch again.I did not know about the petition to bring Adam back so I was waiting how the writers would end E/C to decide about watching it or not.I enjoy the show as a whole but without Eric and E/C there is no show for me.

9. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Congratulations, you're officially NOT the youngest poster in this thread! I'll be 20 next month. :lol: ;)

But I'd definitely like to echo what everyone has been saying: enough of the angst and unnecessary drama. Once the season premiere is over and the mystery of the lab poison and all is revealed, leave our kiddos alone! They've had multiple turns at death's door. Time for someone else to have the pleasure of stiff hospital gowns and scratchy stretcher sheets. :lol:

I was watching a few E/C scenes from some episodes in the first season, and gosh, it really became clear to me why I love this couple so much: they've always had a playful, comfortable relationship. Even from the beginning. The two of them together are like matching puzzle pieces: it just fits. After all this time, it's not unusual that somewhere along the way, they realized their feelings for one another reached beyond friendship. Yes, it's absolutely possible for a male and female to be best friends without anything non-platonic happening. But in this case, they were really good friends who fell in love, and then took forever to a) realize it, and b) act on it. Now, they're together, and it's the real deal.

10. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

No teenagers here then! Hmm...
    I also think that the show invested in this storyline too much time to easily give it up. Wedding bells next season , hopefully:)
    I love your signature, Silentdisco. When I used to be a waitress my favourite was: skinny, decaf capuccino, extra hot, with extra foam on top and no chocolate, served in a latte glass with a long spoon ;)

11. CSI4evr

CSI4evr Rookie

actually, i'm turning 16 next month, so i'm probably the youngest. i don't really come online that much anyway so its probably not that big of a deal. i've only been following the show for 3 years now, and i feel addicted to the show as well as hiphuggers :)

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I've been kind of worried for Calleigh's future, especially since the interview with Marc Dube & Co. because there was no mention of her for season 9, but I have to say that since I read that Cardoza won't be around anymore I'm more optimistic for Cal. It's not that I was sure of anything but since CBS is making some :wtf::wtf: decisions especially with Criminal Minds I immediately feared for my favorite Miami character. I'm paranoid that way :lol:. Adam is back, Cal is pretty much safe, bring on season 9!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see how Eric and Cal will manage being back in the same team now that their relationship is: a) Out in the open b) More solid and committed. It'll be an interesting dynamic.

13. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Electra, I just turned 17 last month... so I'm the second youngest here, yay! lol

14. CSI4evr

CSI4evr Rookie

new spoilers came out. its good for our couple in a way. it hasn't been confirmed by CBS yet but

i feel a bit more at ease now that we may now possibly know the fate of calleigh. i think that CBS is

making the right decision of keeping our favorite couple safe (hopefully)

15. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

I'll take your word on it. I was also worried about Cal until I hear about Eddie. Hopefully writers will stop the drama with our couple. I hate to say it but I was just about getting sick and tired of the constant soap opera drama with the couple, not to mention the endless worrying on my part if they would make it. Lindsey and Danny didn't have this much drama. lol. I'm gonna hope this relationship will end on a happy note. (Marriage, is my ultimate wish)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.