Grade Season Six

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jun 5, 2010.

?

How would you grade season six of CSI: NY?

1. A+

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  2. A

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  3. A-

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. B+

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  5. B

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  6. B-

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  7. C+

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
  8. C

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  9. C-

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  10. D+

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  11. D

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I don't think it was a "knee jerk" reaction. She was introduced as a total Mary Sue and was also used to make Adam look like an idiot. A lot of people had a bad reaction to that. It doesn't always take a lot of apperances to form an opinion on a character.

ETA: She was also brought in as a series regular after a beloved recurring character was cut due to "budget" issues. That didn't sit well with a lot of people either.

2. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ oh yeah, i know, i think for me it just felt like a knee jerk reaction because people were against her before the season even started - mainly like you say because of the issues around angell's death/the budget; but it always felt a bit to me as though she was never given a chance, she'd been written off before she even appeared on screen, and the writers, instead of allowing her a chance, just said "oh well, sod it, we'll get rid of her"

3. MacFlackNCaine

MacFlackNCaine Dead on Arrival

I think Haylen was hated because we saw her storyline coming. New girl joins, brings her brand of "spunk" and solves cases based on her unconventional wit...Yawn

But back on topic

This season wasn't bad, but I think the complete "Bigger, Brighter NYC" thing that debuted in the end of season 1 through 6 has run it's course. It's time for a tweak.

4. CSI.Jade

CSI.Jade Victim

I agree. I liked how when NY started, it seemed darker than the others. I thought it meant this show was going to bring something to the CSI franchise that the others couldn't. Then in season 2, they just totally disbanded the whole concept like that.

5. spunky86

spunky86 Hit and Run

I gave the season a C+, it wasn't too good but it wasn't too bad ethier. I think the two worst episodes were the crossover and the finale.

6. Duke

Duke Witness

I gave it a C, just to be a little nice - but this has to be the worst season in the history of NY. They had so much ammunition leftover from season 5 and they just tossed it.

The Adam & Sid time was seriously lacking, Danny has become the worst character since being saddled as Lindsay's husband, way too many Mac-centric episodes for my liking - although I really enjoyed Point Of View, loved them bringing Peyton back for that one, really hope we get to see her in season 7 - Stella was meh...Hawkes was average, Flack was a peach as always, but they completely wasted what could have been a standout season for Eddie.

I really hope that we don't see Danny injured/paralysed and then miraculously recovered in the next season because I will throw something very heavy at my TV screen.

They need to get rid of Lindsay - end of. Bring the old snarky Danny back! They need to get the dynamics of the show working once more - because this season just did not work.

EDIT: And what's the deal with the cheesy overly dramatic music they've been playing over the last few episodes? Less is more people!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  7. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I gave this season an A. I thought it had a lot of great episodes. The only critcism I would have is that Hawkes should go back to being an M.E, I just can't get used to him as a CSI.

Danny's character has faltered a little, I hope in season 7 they have more grittier stories for Danny.

8. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

how can you yawn at "curvature of lettuce"??!! ;) :lol:

i think that's fair enough - i think maybe it just needs a slight change in direction - not even anything major, just something to shake it up a bit.

i'd been wondering the same thing....

9. macpeyfan

macpeyfan Witness

Thank you, someone who likes Peyton.
    In general, the season was a snooze. I recorded it, watched it later so that I could skip the blah parts. I mostly slept though it.

I still like Mac(why I like him with Peyton, he's less wooden, more just a guy working through lots of issues), Stella is better but still needs to be a bit less overbearing (there is a fine line between Boss and BOSS). Hawkes is great - I can take him either in autospy or in the field (credit to Hill Harper's acting abilities). The whole Danny/Lindsay/Lucy thing - Danny is no longer Danny, he's mr. lindsay, Lindsay - she hasn't had a real chance at being a good character since Danny carried her across the roof. Lucy - if pared with a single parent who honestly has to juggle parenthood with work - she could be a good addition to the show.

10. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

I went B-, I think the season was average it best. It had a few great moments but they were very few and very far between. Probably the most disappointing season so far for me.

11. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

F

Just because CSI:NY has turned into a very, very bad soap opera of pure personal drama and no interesting/thrilling crime cases. I wasn't warming up with the whole season, although I can't deny that I LOVED every single scene with Flack. Eddie got some great scenes where he could show off how incredibly talented he is, and how much he loves acting and the character he's portraying.

Other than that, season 6 sucked. Plain and simple.

12. electra

electra Pathologist

I watched the episodes with the Compass killer storyline and I really liked it.It was so good like a Season finale.Hopefully there are more good episodes to come.

Was Vacation Getaway really that bad? Casey was one of my favorite NY villains.It should have been a good finale if he was there.

13. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

It depends! :lol: For non-DLs, VG is awful. For DL fans, it is great. If you notice, VG is leading in both favorite (I just checked and it's now one vote short from 'Cuckoo's Nest' and 'Death House') and least favorite episode of the season polls. In my opinion, VG is not bad. There were few logical problems but I just assumed that during that day, Danny and Lindsay didn't care for anything. They just wanted to have a quality time together with Lucy.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  14. electra

electra Pathologist

I barely care for Danny and Lindsay .I do not hate them but the others ( Flack,Stella and Mac ) are way more interesting.So for my side it seems like a waste of airtime to focus on them but if they write a compelling storyline ,I will be a happy fan.

15. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

C- I was really disappointed by this season. There were very few episodes that stood out (Death House being one of them) the others I have forgotten very quickly, which is not a good sign, and the few I do remember I have issues with.
    I enjoyed the Flack stuff, although it went rather suddenly. There was some personal stuff for Hawkes, which is always good. Other than that I wasnt really into Mac's love life, Stella and Lindsey seemed to be i the background and dont get me started on Danny's 'recovery' storyline. The most wasted opportunity ever.
    The writers came up with some potentially interesting storylines at the start of the season, but then seemed to forget about them, or want to change them immediately. Why bother with Adam and Stella's one night stand if there wasnt even going to be a little awkwardness after it.
    Even most of the cases were unoriginal and dull.