Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I would love to see way less E/C drama, I want these two to be able to just have a normal relationship. No body has this much drama in one lifetime,as much as I love all the E/C moments, I'm really tired of the gun shot's, fires and bomb's oh my. In season 9, I want them to be able to settle into a normal life. Please!!!! It's no wonder the non-shipper's feel like E/C takes over the show, because when there is drama you can almost bet E/C are going to be front and center. Well guess what non-shipper's, we're tired of it too. Just let them stay together and be happy living their life and doing their job's.​

2. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Totally agree with you:).E/C definitely needs less dramatic moments(how many times Eric or Calleigh have been involved in life threatening situations?).Writers should develop their relationship in a safer and more normal way.CSI writers were never good when writing for romance and I hope they do really well with this couple because CSI:Miami needs a little romance.

3. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

^^ Agreed. I'm a huge, huge angst fan, but this is even too much for me. This isn't the EC I envisioned over the years, constantly having to fight for their lives and to keep their relationship afloat amidst all the craziness thrown at them. I've lost count of the number of times they've nearly died in the process of their getting together. Can they not just be? They haven't even really had the chance to solidify their relationship because every single time things start going well, one of them ends up in peril, and we're left wondering "can their relationship survive that?" It's a bit excessive, and yeah, I totally see where the non-EC fans are coming from referring to that. Granted, police work is dangerous, and there was a time where I felt Calleigh was too safe, like there was nothing ever happening to her, but now, we're on the total other side of the spectrum, lol.

I still love Eric and Calleigh. I love the idea of them together, I love the idea of them getting married someday and having that family that Eric wants with "the right girl." That is what I'd love the chance to see. I want to see them have time to develop as a couple, to go to work together and share tiny little moments that may mean very little to anybody watching them, but that mean the world to both of them because it's something that they share. Little touches, little glances, nothing heavy or distracting like a car bomb or a poisonous gas in the damn lab. :lol: I know they're together; I don't need to see them fight against the world to keep it that way week after week, know what I mean? I just really want them to be a real couple. I want them to be happy, to be in love. As a procedural, they can let a happy EC fade to the background because there are always going to be CSI cases to solve. And EC can solve cases and still be together, and they don't need the drama.

The subtle things in the earlier seasons were what made me fall in love with the idea of Eric and Calleigh together. Episodes like Death Grip, The Best Defense, Simple Man, WFDF, Whacked, Pro Per...the list goes on and on. I fell in love with EC because of the little things - I wanted them together insanely bad, like we all did, but I was happy with the little things too. We've had little things (glances, comments, concern for each other) as friends, and I don't see why we can't have that with EC actually together. I think Adam and Emily have an immense amount of on-screen chemistry, and that's why it does work well enough to subtly carry on a romance with them. The constant drama to reaffirm that they're together - IMO, that's unnecessary. Adam and Emily achieve that "togetherness" in their scenes together, no matter what the scene. They just do. That's why so many of us have felt that there has always been something there.

I don't necessarily want them to fade into the background, not completely, but I do hope there's a chance in S9 to allow them to step back from the drama, and (for lack of a better phrase) just be.

4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

^^ Yep I agree. It's way too much for two individuals to go through. Everytime we think that something is done with and they can reaffirm and move forward something else happens. And they aren't even little things, they are all huge, humongous circumstances :rolleyes:. I totally agree that Emily and Adam don't need all this drama to make it work. Heck they've managed to make it work in spite of all the stupid drama the writers have come up with. Any other couple would be really struggling to make it believable that they still care for each other. But you can see that Eric does care for Cal and Cal does care for Eric and that's totally the actors doing, so kudos to them. I love all the little moments too in the old episodes. They were adorable and sufficient. That's why I love so much little scenes like when she was teasing him about leaving and he said "leave a little something" I think the episode was Mommy Deadest I'm not sure. Oh well, hope we get our happy, peaceful moments in season 9.

5. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

6. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

^^ I Agree with all of you guys. I'm trying not to think about the finale or the premiere because I can drive myself crazy. When the finale finished I set my ipod alarm on the most likely Sundays for it to premiere in September :lol:. But I'll hang onto reruns for now, speaking of them I watched Presumed Guilty and Sink or Swim the other day and I remembered how excited I was for the two and their 'first' kiss. Awww, look how far they've come:adore:

7. Divot

Divot Victim

C.H.E.A.R., you make a very strong and valid point! Look how far they came in the last 2 years. And part of that was with a strike in the industry, and episodes shot quickly on short written scripts. Of course I hope that TPTB are listening to US but even more so, there is the E/C Magic going on - even if nothing more happens, we have had this specialness with E/C which was just wonderful! THX all.

8. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I too would have no problem with E/C if they'd done it properly from the beginning. Well-done romances actually add to the show.

But in this case, they dragged it out waaaaaay too long before that "first kiss", disregarded forensic details and procedure so it could happen, and yes, I have to agree, how many bombs, fires, gunshots, and near-death experiences can one couple take before they get a clue whether it's really meant to be? I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

9. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Hi Jag Lady! Fancy seeing you in this thread-I have to take a second look to make sure I am in the right thread! It is nice though to see you here - believe it or not but I, and I am speaking for my life, do value opinions of non- EC shippers. I do understand where you are coming from with how the show is handled. A lot of us EC shippers (postings above) are also frustrated at the endless drama thrown at the couple. Why can't they just have a quiet and normal relationship. For me, I was good EC wise with the last 4 episodes before the Finale. The last scene with them in Time Bomb should have been the last EC scene for the season. I was really happy with that scene because finally they talked about the trust issue that they have to work on and it was a really positive thing. But no they just have to end the season with that Cal near death scene again.

10. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Hi Ec4ever. I had to come over and read what people were saying. Yes, I'll admit it, I was pleasantly surprised to see that many E/C shippers also were tired of the over-drama. Angst certainly has its place, and there is a complete lack of balance in the writing of E/C.

Just a thought--Could we please have some happy times for this couple? For example, in "Backfire", rather than force that poor girl onto 6" stilettos and back to work one day after being in a coma, how about Eric sitting at her hospital bedside, smiling because something good finally happened, while trying to steal some of her lime Jello? Just once or twice, I'd like to see them share some happy, playful moments. Somehow it seems like Eric and Calleigh used to be so happy and so much fun, imo. When did that disappear?

I'm thinking that many E/C fans are younger, and if this is their impression of what a serious relationship is, God help us all! I wouldn't want to get married and have kids either if bombs, gangs, betrayal, and near-death experiences were all I had to look forward to! :eek::lol:

Personally, I think it's just the writers getting sloppy and tired overall. One can blame the overdramatization of the E/C 'ship for the show's decline, but that's like blaming the flu on your fever.

11. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I think most of shippers are tired of unnecessary drama. The question is - if both hiphuggers and anti-shippers dislike overdramatisation of this couple's common moments why writers keep putting them in it? I loved the playful moment in 'Meltdown' where they were flirting and then went out for drinks with the team, I'd love more of such moments. Having coffee, going out for ice-cream, having fun like in early seasons would easily do. No more trust issues, fires etc. Besides, if Eric wanted to marry Cal back in season 6 why their relationship was still at limbo in the middle of season 8, moving forward only in the last couple of episodes, indicating that they actually live together. It's taking them too much time.
    If that's true what you are writing, then I'm not a typical hiphugger - I'm 31, happily married and just had a baby and that's the only only on-screen couple I follow.
    Besides I think that CSIM has always been a little bit soap opera, even before EC. The whole Brazilian thing, Marisol's killing,her unbeliveable 'love' to Horatio, Horatio-Yelina-Stetler love triangle, kidnapping of Natalia's sister, kidnapping of Calleigh, it's all a bit soap-operish.
    Let's hope that the next season will be EC drama free, just some cute, short moments from time to time that will remind us that they are actually a couple.

12. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I'd really like that.

13. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

I agree with you Kala, CSIM has always been full of drama even before EC even got together. The writers somehow struggle with the idea of giving their characters a happy and normal life. The last 5 episodes were quite promising in terms of balanced screen time and interesting storylines. I really hope TPTB will redeem themselves next season.
    I am a huge EC shipper but I also want to see story lines for the other characters. If ever they take this relationship to the next level I hope they do it the right way like how a mature relationship should be. I don't want to see Cal suddenly nauseous and find out she's pregnant, that is too cliche for me. I want them to take the relationship to the right path which is marriage first and a planned family-- not something accidental.

Jag, I don't belong to the stereotype of EC shippers because I am a mother of 2 teenage boys. I know a lot of us are mostly women in their middle 30-40's.

As for the fluctuating ratings, I don't agree that it is the EC storyline at all. A lot of AR fans elected not to watch AR less episodes and others just didn't watch the whole season at all. I think it's more of fans getting tired of procedurals all together. I mean it's not just CSIM -- the other two CSI shows ratings are down as well. Besides, CBS wouldn't have asked AR back -(TV execs are one of the shrewdest businessmen around) if it's not warranted that it would make a difference. AR's fans petition certainly created a ripple but at the end of the day it is still the network's bigwigs decision.

My other issue with the show too is how some storylines are just swept under the rug, no follow-throughs which is quite frustrating. Some interesting characters in the past are just completely forgotten. It doesn't hurt to add in a sentence or two in a dialogue just to let us viewers know what happened to them.

BTW, Jag, just a comment on your bottom banner- I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of him yet.;)

14. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

My apologies to you both. I'm here to learn things. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Ec4evr. I'll be pleasantly surprised if Rick makes a comeback, but that's for another thread.

15. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I too, am married and the mother of two teenagers. And like I said before, non-shippers are not the only ones that are sick of the long drawn out over the top drama, just let them be happy with normal couple issues instead of guns, fires and bombs. I agree that AR wouldn't be back if TPTB didn't want him back and maybe they realised it was a mistake to let him go. He has alot of fans and they weren't afraid to let their voices be heard. I think there are alot of things that need to be addressed in season 9.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.