Which CSI series is your favorite?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by jenifer111, Jun 7, 2010.

?

Which CSI series is your favorite?

1. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - the original, of course!

27 vote(s)
    36.5%
  2. CSI: Miami - Yeaaaaah!

14 vote(s)
    18.9%
  3. CSI: New York - it's the Big Apple, baby!

11 vote(s)
    14.9%
  4. It's a tie - I love CSI and CSI: Miami the most

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
  5. It's a tie - I love CSI and CSI: NY the most

7 vote(s)
    9.5%
  6. It's a tie - I love CSI: Miami and CSI: NY the most

4 vote(s)
    5.4%
  7. I love all three equally! :D

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  8. I don't really like any of them any more. :(

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MacFlackNCaine

MacFlackNCaine Dead on Arrival

CSI:NY is the most character driven, so I think it's the best. I collect the DVDs for CSI:NY and CSI:Miami (my vote), but both are beginning to run its course I believe.

2. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

CSI: NY is the best of them now. The stories between the characters are more evenly spread out. I used to like Miami but it's too focused on Horatio and the stories in it have become too outrageous.

3. Natalie

Natalie Victim

csi miami all the way.

4. mefallit

mefallit Victim

Yay, Las Vegas has the most votes!

The original CSI:Crime Scene Investigation is definitely my favorite, especially the older seasons. I've only watched CSI:Miami and NY a couple times besides the crossover eps and haven't really gotten into it, but maybe someday I'll like all three. :)

5. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I voted for Miami, simply because it's been my favorite since the first day I actually sat down and watched an episode... which was in season 3. I couldn't watch the spin-off until then, because honestly it made me mad... I thought they were trying to 'copy' my show! Lol.

I love Vegas still, but NY is second for me really, simply because it is VERY character driven, and I love that. My favorite thing about Vegas would be Greg and Nick. I actually THOUGHT the show died a couple of seasons ago, but this past season was honestly one of the best, so!

I don't think any of them have 'ran their course'. I think they all have life left in them. For CSI: (the original) to still be as GOOD as it was in it's early seasons, even through all the cast shake-ups... that says a lot. And they're ALL so different and GOOD in their own way... CSI focuses more on the forensic side, Miami is more up-beat and cop-ish, while NY is all about the cast (and let's face it, has the BEST cases). Love all three for those reasons!

Miami just does something for me that I can't put my finger on. I'm thinking it's the 'feel goodness' I get from the mood of the show. IDK. It's just my favorite! Plain and simple. :D

6. electra

electra Pathologist

Blindedbysmoke,interesting that you think NY has the best cases.IMO the forensic part and writing is WAY better in Vegas compared to the rest.NY was better when it started becouse they got the NY feeling but I still like that is character driven like you said.Miami is well Miami(action and beautiful people) and is entertaining.

7. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I don't think NY had the best cases last season (should have said that). To me, NY was dragging except for a few episodes I like to remember. In seasons past, yes, I do feel they've had the most twist, and best ideas for cases. And like you said, that NY feel is what I (used to) love about it. Not just a typical NY cop show. That being said, Vegas had some amazing cases this past season... as did Miami.

As for forensics, I love that aspect of the show. That's why I do like Vegas.... I just find more 'action' in the other two. More... fast-paced, I should say. Although, I can't really say that about this past season. It was really good. Not to mention, CSI is what CSI is supposed to be... the other two just took their own direction, which - like I said- is what makes me love all three for different reasons. Wouldn't want to watch the exact same show with the exact same layout... only in a different town/w different characters! ;)

I think each show has had their off seasons. For me, Vegas' was season 7. Miami was seasons 5 AND 6. And NY's was this past one... That being said, I'm hoping all three have stellar upcoming seasons! :)

8. electra

electra Pathologist

I like all 3 except that original Vegas is one of my favorite shows of all times.It was such an interesting concept at the time with such an amazing cast that is hard to compare.Plus,they have Catherine and she simply rocks.;)

But for action ,Miami.Still I can not take Miami seriously due to super H .IMO that made the show quite a hit but they lost credibility.When they are serious like on "Gone,baby gone" or "Momme deadest" they do it quite well.Overall the show at least entertains me which is more then I can say about others.

There is something missing on NY.Team interaction is excellent and they have good cases but it has always been my least favorite.I can not point what is it.

9. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

CSI has gone through so many changes in the past few yrs but has proven itself that it is still the best.

I used to watch NY regularly but got bored and no longer wish to stay up late to watch when I have to work the next day. But its moving to Friday I may give it another chance.

I never watch Miami

10. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

CSI:NY is my favourite for sure. I love it mostly, because it's more character driven. Plus Gary Sinise is one of my favourite actors and Melina Kanakaredes is my favourite actress. Oh, and I love the city of New York. Yeah, that's about it.

I like the other two as well, just not as much.

11. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

CSI Vegas and CSI NY are my two favorites. Used to be a fan of Miami, but it is just not nearly as good as the other two. I still watch Miami, but never live. God Bless DVR. I am usually about a week or two behind on Miami. The other two get watched within 24 hours of airing if I don't watch them live.

12. thetalkativeone

thetalkativeone Victim

I like the original CSI and CSI Miami the best - but they are both good in their own genre, so to speak, because of the difference of location they tackle cases differently and because the two states have different locations for crimes to happen it lends well to keeping interest.

On the opposite side I don't like CSI: NY as much because of the fact that New York is just the urban environment, and cases just feel similar. But I haven't really watched that much of CSI: NY.

Leaning on CSI: Miami being better, but would still value them equally.

13. Leggo my Jodieo

Leggo my Jodieo Hit and Run

Can I just say...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (e.t.c, e.t.c.)

I used to love CSI: Crime Scene Investigation the most, I liked how it was more about the science, but CSI: Miami was the first one I ever watched and I realised how much I missed it when they began playing repeats on TV :lol: It's more theatrical and fast paced, so thats why I love it the most!

I've not watched CSI: New York for as long but I think that New York is a great city and I love the technology they use on the show (I really want one of those touch-screen table thingys!!! :lol: )

So I voted for CSI and CSI:Miami as a tie but I'm tipping towards Miami more than Las Vegas.

14. belle

belle Dead on Arrival

Edited to remove spam

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2010
  15. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I watch them all, but it has to be Miami. Only have to hear the title music and I'm smiling again (it sends my dog running out of the room). And I love Horatio to death.