Mac Taylor's Love Life *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 7, 2010.

?

Who do you want to see Mac Taylor with?

1. Aubrey Hunter

18 vote(s)
    15.3%
  2. Peyton Driscoll

9 vote(s)
    7.6%
  3. Stella Bonasera

66 vote(s)
    55.9%
  4. No one--Mac should stay single

12 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. Mac can schtupp a couch for all I care

13 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I voted for single.I can't imagine Mac being at home with his family.I mean this guy is 100% devoted to his gob.I know that most fans want to see him with Stella but I'm really not interesting in this possibility.Peyton and Aubrey just don't click to me.

2. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I agree Mac is very, very devoted to his job, which is why I think a love interest would be good for him, because both Peyton and Aubrey have shown us Mac outside the lab, 'Mac the man', not 'Mac the detective' which we see all the time. It would be nice to see a different side to him.
    Of course, both Aubrey and Peyton are ladies who are very dedicated to their jobs, too, which makes them both a good fit for Mac.
    Though if it is Peyton, what, is she going to quit her job in England, and what about her family?

All that said, if they decide to keep Mac single, I won't be too disappointed. But I did really like seeing him with Aubrey and how she brought him out of himself. But if they do decide to keep him single, I hope at least Stella continues to bring him out of himself, show us his more personal side. I like scenes like the one where they go for coffee and talk about Ella in No Good Deed.
    I do think that if they do it right, and keep it subtle (not dominate the show) a love interest could be a really good way to develop Mac's character and show us a different side of him.

I'd love to see some flashbacks to his life with Claire, too. If we're talking about 'love interests', well, she's very important, everytime Mac talks about her you can tell he really did love her, despite problems (her wanting kids, him not, Quinn) and that's a very different side to Mac than the 100% dedicated to his job part, although I do think perhaps he became especially dedicated to his job after she died so he wouldn't have to think about/deal with what happened, so she presents both an alternative to and a reason for workaholic Mac, and that's interesting. To me, anyway. We've never really had any serious exploration of Mac and Claire's life together, and I'd love for them to work a bit of that into the show in the future, while keeping the crime aspect strong, of course.

I think basically he deserves a decent, well-written love interest. Grissom had Sarah, and Horatio had Marisol. I'm hoping whoever they pick for Mac, though, they don't do what they do with Horatio's love interests and have them be unattainable (Yelina)/bad news (Julia)/die (that woman he dated who got killed, Marisol), poor Horatio! Mac doesn't deserve that.

3. paige4donmacdan

paige4donmacdan Hit and Run

Last Nite Episode Of unsusal suspects was good but the concept of peyton comeing back and trying it on with mac kinda recked the ending of the episode

4. IMSMacked

IMSMacked Victim

I'd have to go with Stella.
    I liked how the guys from CSI: NY introduced Aubrey Hunter and the sweet messages between "Number 39 and Number 40". I actually liked Aubrey and realized that if she was going to have a relationship with Mac, then it was gonna be okay, just as long as Stella's not going to be alone, but with another guy.
    I just don't want Stella being alone while Mac gets to choose who he likes more. If they really won't make Mac and Stell a couple on Season 7, with Mac having a relationship with another girl, it wouldn't hurt if Stella would have a relationship of her own.. this time make it a good guy. She's had enough of bad boys. Haha.
    And as for Peyton, I don't like the thought of her returning. The only thing I like about her return is that it gets more complicated for Stella and Mac to be together, testing their love (I know there is HAHA). But maybe one day, she gets curious about Stella and Mac's relationship and asks them about it which might lead to a real one. It might be a good start, right?
    But just because I'm okay with Aubrey, doesn't mean I won't be angry when CSI: NY ends without Mac and Stella becoming a couple. Haha.
    But anyway, no one can beat Rambo Stella. LOL.

5. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

If they don't put Mac and Stella together in S7 is a real proof TPTB never will learn:p

I wonder how many episodes they will stay without giving us DL. They never learnt that neither:scream::scream::scream::vulcan:

If Mac and Stella have to be apart i hope they don't become entusiastic with Abry:wtf: or any male character:wtf: and they give us some interesting moments between Mac and Stella:(

Because there weren't relationships for them in S6 (except if you forget Abry and Baby) but Mac and Stella's relationship also disappeared:shifty:

:wtf:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  6. IMSMacked

IMSMacked Victim

Season 6 was really disappointing for me. After "Death House" and "Second Chances", they introduced Aubrey and now Peyton returned. It's like nothing even happened between Mac and Stella in those two episodes.

7. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Either Aubrey or Peyton is fine. I feel like if he was with Stella it could ruin the show.

8. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Exactly, after 6.10 and 6.11 and part of 6.15 it was like there was a huge black hole sucking out their relationship. "They have never been there, they have never done that" was the motto:wtf: and their relationship was already established on screen, not in press articles or interviews:rolleyes:

I just adore those episodes because we had their real nature back:drool::drool::drool::drool:

And i DO NOT think their relationship could put the show in peril. I won't mention another couple, i resist to mention it again:lol:

9. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

IF they plan to do a couple more seasons with NY.. I hope romantic relationships will never come up again, neither DL nor Smack. But if finishing NY with season 7 is their plan, I think a cosy ending can be a way, and that probably means TPTB keep DL(well.. no plenty time to break them up anyway..) and maybe.. I hope not.. maybe they want to include, either directly or indirectly, Smack. Why? TPTB already have proven several times that they would do anything to fabricate romantic arcs even though it sabotaged multi eps storylines, continuity and characters. You keep saying Smack won't damage this show Ghwazee. Oh, it will.. definitely will. It is all a matter of point of view. :p

And there will be no time to spare for Hawkes, Adam, and Flack to form any kind of relationship with someone outside the team or do whatever by then, so it will be a futile hope to see more of their personal stuffs.

It's just my speculation of course, and it's a terrible exit strategy. But at this point I don't expect anything that would make me *WOW* from them.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  10. IMSMacked

IMSMacked Victim

Yes, it was very disappointing because the writers just made it look like nothing ever happened between them, and immediately pushing Aubrey and Peyton to him.

But I really think that TPTB would only make Mac and Stella a couple if the show is coming to an end or if one of them is going to leave. The flirty glances they exchange are enough for me.. for now.
    If they become a couple now, they might become like D/L. Sometimes I really get annoyed by those two (no offense to the D/L fans, I love D/L too, but really, sometimes it's like, too much already).
    But I still think Stella and Mac would be a couple, either in the end or in Season 7.

11. elapidHUN

elapidHUN Victim

He has a love life??!!:wtf:;):p:lol:
    I thought there is only Stella!:guffaw:
    Seriously he looks more in her than any other woman, and not like his LIFE was well defined, scraps and bits are not love life. I was thinkin more like ... never mind ... tell it on a facebook, this is not place.:shifty:

[​IMG]

give mac a girfriend <3<3<3:drool:

12. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

yes! give him a girlfriend and make it STELLA!!!!!! :D :D :D

13. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Wow, it's a landslide win for Stella! More than half! I'm not voting yet but if Mac really needs a lady in the end, be it Stella/Aubrey.

14. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Since Stella doesn't have a Siamese twin sister, let be only HER. Not Aubrey, just Stella mou :D (of course as usual i know it's not what Smackies are going to have but heck! i will never stop trying :D

15. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Ghawazee, so you think Mac/Stella is kind of impossible?