Fox's Future On 'CSI' Remains 'Up In The Air'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jun 9, 2010.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Following the news that Liz Vassey (Wendy Simms) will not be returning to CSI: Crime Scene Investigation for season eleven, executive producer Carol Mendelsohn has revealed that Jorja Fox’s (Sara Sidle) future on the show is still a mystery at this point. Several cast members’ contracts are under negotiation, and there is no guarantee that [...]

More...

2. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

If Jorja doesn't come back next season CSI will only have one female character?This is not good at all.:scream:

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

LF was signed in April. RDH said something about 3 years back when the others only got 2 years. LV isn't getting her contract renewed (personally I think the door is still open for Wendy to go back to recurring character status. :thumbsup:). Except for those I've mentioned above - Have we heard of them talking contract with anyone on this show yet? :confused:

If they really are going to delve into the backgrounds of the characters I want the characters I know (Catherine, Nick, Greg, Sara), not Langston and a bunch of newbe's! :(

Susan

4. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Keep it up, they're really going to mess up the show. It was up last season, in my book, than previous few seasons, but... really? They can not afford to lose the four core characters they have remaining (Catherine, Nick, Greg, Sara)... I mean, to me, it'd be more of a punch in the face to lose Nick than it was Grissom, and that's huge!

Really though, this is the only CSI show I've heard any thing about contract talks. Yet, the other two ended with more characters in danger... weird. But yeah, I've heard just about everyone is in contract talks on the original CSI. Who knows... I'm anxious to find out though!

I hope they get it all worked out. I don't want to lose any of those four.... :(

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Hmm..."Up in the Air"..I mean..maybe Jorja Fox will have her own CSI show where she's a flying CSI?

Sorry couldnt resist.

I'm getting annoyed here..I want Jorja back because now that she's beyond GSR, her character is much more interesting.

I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE ANYMORE CHARCTERS ON CSI!

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I do think it's possible that when they say Liz won't be back, they may mean back on full time status. So perhaps Wendy will be around from time to time like Mandy, Archie, Henry, etc.

Mfcsi, I agree with you about Sara. I've really enjoyed her character this season. :)

7. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I'd rather have Sara than Catherine anyday...lol.....

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

First she's gone, then she's back and now she may be gone again. YAWN. :rolleyes:

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

With ALL of the cast yet to sign for next season (except King Laurence), why the big focus on Jorja from Carol Mendelsohn?? I mean, I know she was part time last season, etc. but doesn't CM think that maybe the fans just might be interested in the cast that has stayed full-time for 10 years??? Where's the news and interest in them??

10. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

could they just tell us what the heck is going on already with this new creative direction, as well as Jorja's and everyone else's contracts, them not telling us makes me worry :eek:

JUST TELL US ALREADY!!!!!! :scream::scream:

11. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

And they haven't sat down yet because...?

When you're busy working on the season at hand right now (Anthony Zuiker is back, by the way) you would think you should know what characters you are going to be writing for.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree. I want to know if Greg (and Nick) will be back...

You mean he left? Where did he go? :lol:

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

As far as I know, he went to work on the Level 26 digi-novel series and write some new shows.

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yeah, they could've put her in recurring status instead of not asking her back. And I agree, I don't want the background of characters I don't know, I just want the one's that have been there since the beginning.

No, Liz said it herself that she was not asked backed, so that means no recurring status. However, that could change and I hope it does.

They could be having her move to another shift if her and Hodges are together now.

Well, to be fair, this was an answer to a question about Jorja, HOWEVER, CM has only been interested in Sara. She is a big GSR fan, after all. She rarely, if ever, talks about anyone other than Grissom/Petersen (ok he's gone, but), Langston/Fishburne, Sara/Jorja, Catherine/Marg (if she's lucky).

I swear CM seems to forget that there are other characters on that show. :rolleyes:

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

It's only June, and we know nothing of what goes on behind closed doors. I bet they all come back. They'll release it when their ready. They probably are in negotiations, and it's probably all about the $$$$, what else would it be about? If the hugh movie star Mr. Fishburne signed up, he's hardly coming back to run this show alone. These stars want want they want, and I think we all know what that is, due to the prior statements from them all everywhere. So, unless Jorja has some big new projects, which I've heard of none, or something else, she plus the rest will most likely be back:bolian:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010