Ryan/Jon #27 - His Royal Hotness

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Jun 2, 2010.

?

Thread name

Poll closed Jun 9, 2010.
  1. The Definition of Gorgeous

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. His Royal Hotness

22 vote(s)
    64.7%
  3. Togo Where No Thread Has Gone Before

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. TNT Togo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Wolfe's Gang

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Re: Ryan/Jon #27

I think we learned enough about Jesse in the first half of the season than we have Ryan all these seasons. Ok, so that's an exaggeration but Ryan deserves and needs more background. Jesse can wait but seeing more on Walter would be nice.

2. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Re: Ryan/Jon #27

Amen to that FallenForFlack :) As well for other posts here:) But so to know i haven't seen 8 season yet so i don't know enough about Jesse. But i hope soon i'll see it, at least i'd try. But one thing i'm sure Ryan desperately needs huge storyline. His background must be more developed. But at least in my fanfics he'll get enough background :)

3. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Yay for the new thread name!!! His Royal Hotness, indeed!

I agree, so much is left to be learned about Ryan. I am excited to see if they finally allow us to do that next season... it would be a waste not to! I may be in the minority, I actually LIKE Jesse, I just don't like the fact that he was forced- and so over the top with screen time. I don't really have a problem with Eric, but while rewatching some of season 6 last night, I completely realize WHY I find myself irritated at him. It was every scene. Eric this, Eric that. I really hope we don't go back to that in season 9.

I want to see at least one episode focused on Nat, and a NICE, positive SL for Ryan. Is that TO much to ask? I don't think so. He's got a LOT of fans that I'm sure would be overly excited to get something! I mean, we were appreciative of GOLF CLUBS! :lol: Imagine what we'd do with a huge story arch! :D

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Loving the new thread name,but I may be just a little biased.
    I would really like to see a story that manages to include some of Jon's other talents. We know that he plays the sax and the guitar,why not include it in a Ryan story.

5. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I would love to see him have a girlfriend. Not one over played, or one they even show much... but just someone he could say he was going home to. I don't want another on screen romance, Goodness knows- that's the LAST thing this show needs, but to meet a nice girl and for him to mention her from time to time, wouldn't hurt anything. It'd be cute, too... to see that side of Ryan.

No more like Erica though... ick!

And... I agree greatfan! The music talent would be nice ... Kinda like Mac on NY...!!! Very interesting.

BTW: You are to smart for coming up with the title (via your awesome banner). Thanks for letting us borrow it... ;) Hehehe!

6. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

There are so many potential storylines for Ryan, it is almost sad. He is probably the only character (excluding the newbies, Walter and Jesse) who we have never met a family member for. We've heard about his Uncle Ron (who may or may not be the safecracker), his parents (who he said in a very early eppie were willing him their lawnmower) and a niece but we've never seen any of them. I never really disliked Jesse (actually he has grown on me and I like him now); my displeasure was more my frustration for one, the unnecessary tinkering with Ryan's character, and two the lack of quality screentime for him as well. I agree we got an Eric overload the last few seasons (and lately with one certain storyline:angryrazz:), while Ryan was vitually ignored. With AR writing and directing maybe he will put his money where his mouth is and write a positive storyline for Jon. Goodness knows Jon is talented enough; he can handle it:thumbsup:

That is a good point. I actually said outloud "Ryan golfs!" when the clubs were brought out. I would do a happy dance if we were given a look into his background. And yes, Nat needs another good eppie, although she has definitely gotten more than Ryan.

I love your banner and the caption got my attention!!:thumbsup:

If they do, I hope she relatively normal. Don't give her a deep dark secret that would end up biting Ryan in the butt and get him into more trouble. Like....

I really disliked her; Erica was so bad for him. She used him to further his career and got him in trouble in the lab (remember him being "the leak"?).

Kudos greatfan:beer: from me as well:thumbsup:

7. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

A fan on the CBS forum has posted either the actual or wishlist (post doesn't make this clear) for the 2010 Emmy nominations for the CSI shows. It includes Jonathan again as Best Supporting Actor in a Drama. Whether this is true or not for this year, it reminded me that he has actually been nominated by CBS for several years now in this category. This shows how highly regarded he is by TPTB and therefore to me is another indicator that he should return next season.

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

A mention time to time of a girfriend is okay but really,how much do you trust the writers to not mess up even a mention of a romance? They may come up with someone worse than Erica.
    I really would love to see Jon/Ryan do something musical.
    Thanks about the banner.When I first made it,I thought he looked like a prince and the title just came to me.

9. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Sounds like a good indicator to me as well, thanks for that:thumbsup:

Here could be another good indicator: Every character who has left a CSI program Grissom and Warrick in CSI, Speed and Alexx in Miami and Aiden in NY actually got a exit story arc whether they died or left for whatever reason (Wendy in CSI may be the exception but she wasn't there as long). I just can't see Ryan going out this way just poisoned along with everyone else (someone mentioned the time for him to exit would have been during Time Bomb). It would be IMHO the height of disrespect for Jon with all the years he's been on the show for him to go down this way and not get a exit story arc of his own.

For that and the other reason mentioned I truly believe that Ryan will be roaming the halls of the Miami-Dade crime lab next season:thumbsup::)

10. ericandryanfan

ericandryanfan Hit and Run

oohhh am soo glad the the new thread is "his Royal hotness" i love that title!!!

11. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Yeah, great thread title!
    If Ryan did get a love interest, I would also want her to be someone from outside the lab, who was maybe seen once and then only mentioned now and then. Romance is not a strong point for these writers, so I wouldnt want much more.
    A good, positive storyline for Ryan would be fab. I would prefer to meet a family member. And definitely an episode where he is an undisputed hero.

12. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

This might belong in the Wish List thread, but I thought this might be a good storyline (not holding my breath with this current crop of writers, though! :angryrazz:)
    Kyle comes back from his latest tour, and news gets out that his unit (or even the USO or some military support group) needs to raise some funds to help with the families of those troops or send care packages. Anyway, since apparently Ryan does gaming, Kyle and Ryan get into a "game-a-thon". I can just see those two doing X-Box for days at a time.

But it doesn't have to be Kyle. It can be The Three Musketeers in a three-way "game-a-thon". I could just see Ryan being a big kid.

Or heck, I think Frank golfs too. How about a golf tourney as a fundraiser, with prizes for the most lost balls. The most slices. Jesse could slip Frank a trick ball. Loser has to use the Ladies' Tee.

Ah, so many possibilities.

13. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

:: gasp! :: I missed the transistion to a new thread!? Bad gooniegirl, very bad.

Anyway, I'm lazy at the moment and haven't read through the posts yet. (I swear I will, lol). But yes, I shall re-iterate my opinion and say we need more background, more love, more teamwork, and of course: more skin.

14. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

His Royal Hotness....Great title for the new thread guys!!!!
    I'm so sad that I have to wait nearly 4 months to see Ryan back in action.I'll catch up for more Ryan rewatching old episodes in the long summer.

15. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

All good ideas!!

Yes, definitely more SKIN. Ryan with his shirt off:drool:.......my new happy place:devil:

I have seasons 5, 6 and 7 on DVD so if I need my Ryan Wolfe fix, I'll pop in one of those.:thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.