CSI:Miami's Season 8 Finale

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by delvara, Jun 6, 2010.

1. delvara

delvara Civilian

Why does the professor have it in for the CSI Unit?

2. jenifer111

jenifer111 Victim

It is the season 8 and episode 13 that you are talking about...

3. sheela2000

sheela2000 Civilian

OMG OMG OMG!!!! They all fell down!

what was your take on the season finale? what do u think is gonna happen next?

I can't imagine what next season will start out with...but I am hell sure looking forward to it!

oh and didn't Jon look amazing in that epi?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2010
  4. lovehiphugger

lovehiphugger Victim

OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON 9 TO START !!!!!! THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE LONG SUMMER ):

5. jonsan633

jonsan633 Civilian

Last night I finished the 24th [link removed] of season 8 . In this episode, Horatio suspects that a disgraced graduate psychology student is killing the people who caused her to fail, and is leaving cryptic messages for the crime lab. However, could it actually be part of an even more sinister plan?

Now I want to start watching season 9 soon.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2010
  6. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I've noticed over the past couple of weeks, NCIS has been getting good coverage in the media whenever a major cast member resigns a contract (BTW, all of them are coming back next year). Why doesn't our show get the same respect? This is so unfair and frustrating!

7. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Although NCIS doesn't get the respect it deserves, it gets a heck of a lot more that CSI Miami.

NCIS is a much more popular show right now. It's ratings have surged in the last couple of seasons, where CSI Miami's have droppped. After being on for 7 seasons and becoming more popular than ever, to the entertainment media THAT is a story worth reporting!

Also, have you ever seen an interview with the entire cast so NCIS? THAT is a team and a family! Those people truly like each other and really get along extremely well. That tends to keep the fans more interested and comitted and as a whole they ALL want to be sure that everyone of those people are signed and coming back. Not just a part of the fanbase cares for individual characters.

They have their "pairing" that is controversial, but they have kept it subtle so that while there are some who like and support it and there are some who dislike it there is not open hostility and war that has split the fanbase irreperably.

CSI Miami just isn't interesting to the media any longer.

8. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

As a VERY avid NCIS fan, you described that perfectly! I always thought NCIS deserved more media, and even now after 7 seasons and much higher ratings than any drama on TV, they still do not get it. They get more than the CSI franchise, granted, but I think the point here is... if NCIS isn't going to get that attention, then CSI def is not. Which is sad. I wish CBS would do more to promote it. I know the show is older, but they could SAVE it, a lot, if they wouldn't do the one thing you are talking about in the end... SPLIT the fan base. There is controversy on every show, over 'relationships', someone always likes or dislikes... but Miami has made the romance (or lack there of in some people's opinion), overkill. NCIS 'pairing' is typically only 'hinted' to, and even that isn't in every episode... It isn't enough to split a fan base. I go all over this Miami board, and see people in an all out ARGUMENT over it, unlike I've seen on any other show... ever.

Fans and actors alike have to stick together for a show to flow nicely. Now, I'm not saying there is trouble behind the scenes on Miami, I don't know-- but the fans are def sinking their own ship. And no other show on TV has chemistry like 'NCIS'... JMO.

9. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

^^^ I think it's really a shame how opinions on the romantic relationship between Eric & Calleigh have developed into this unfortunate "us vs. them" atmosphere. In all honesty, I really don't believe that the numbers of CSIM viewers who are for, against, or neutral on the E/C romance differ that greatly from those regarding other romantic pairings on other police procedurals and crime dramas. But for some reason, opinions on the E/C romance have become galvanized on both sides, and neither set of fans seems willing to compromise or concede the smallest point. And that truly saddens me.

However, in order to stay on topic, I'm going to post my opinion on this point in another, more appropriate thread.

10. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Interestingly, one of my favorite crime shows, Criminal Minds, has been extremely successful without ANY pairing or romantic relationships between the main characters of the team. They briefly touched on an "interest" that Reid had in JJ, but very smartly backed off that and left this team to care and respect each other deeply without the complications of any of them entering into an inappropriate personal relationship. (Although Garcia and Morgan are WAY too much fun when they flirt!) It's a breath of fresh air not to have that type of thing interferring with the overall design of the show, while still having wonderful episodes that give us a look at the personal lives of the team members.

I don't know why it seems that these shows feel the MUST pair up characters. It is always the trigger that sets off the fan wars and it is rarely done well or turns out for the better. I think CSI Miami is a perfect example of doing it very badly and the resulting hostility between the fans doing ireparable damage to the show.

If they want this to work and be successful on CSI Miami, they need an entirely new crop of writers who know HOW to write a subtle romance that does not exclude or diminish every other character on the show. When you fail to realize that not ALL fans love the characters or the relationship you've choosen to focus on, you alienate a significant number of your fanbase who start to realize that what and who they want to see is so unimportant to the people in charge that they are wasting their time hanging around. And the ratings begin to tell the story.

It is very, very quiet this hiatus. TPTB should be very worried about that. Most of the people I've talked to feel that season 9 is already written so what's to ponder - and they've walked away because what they feel has been written is not what they care to see.

And those of us who feel that season 9 is pre-ordained could be wrong. This is one of the rare ocassions I'd LOVE to be wrong. And if I am I'll be the first to apologize.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  11. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Actually, I salute whoever's been working on the Morgan/Garcia thing. And that's the major difference. They worked this pairing into the show, whereas Miami's been trying to do it the other way around.

The other thing the Criminal Minds writers did was work with the actors themselves to see who had good chemistry. Kristen Vangsness (Garcia) said in a recent interview that the writers and producers put the cast in a room and just WATCHED AND STUDIED them. They noticed that Shemar Moore (Morgan) and Kristen started teasing each other. He'd call her Babygirl for real, and she'd call him Cupcake or something. Lo and behold, the scripts got passed out, and they saw that they'd be calling each other Babygirl, Cupcake, "statue of chocolate thunder" or something like that.

Of course I did search through the writers, directors and producers of both Criminal Minds and Miami, and something very significant stood out to me. While CM has had pretty much the same writers and such, Miami has had a HUGE round robin of writers and directors over the years. IOW, the CM writers and directors KNOW their characters. They KNOW the chemistry and storylines because that's all they've been working on for the last 5 seasons. Miami, on the other hand, has had their storylines get passed from writer to writer, from director to director, and the results have been disastrous, if you ask me. In 5 seasons, the CM characters have consistently stayed what Miami was up until S5--a team that has fun, has a life off the clock, and seem to genuinely enjoy each other's company.

12. lovehiphugger

lovehiphugger Victim

I just hope season 9 be more of the csi miami we new i cant wait to see what the writers have plan for csi miami!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. DelkoDuquesne10

DelkoDuquesne10 Civilian

The Season 8 Finale of CSI:Miami left me sitting in front of my t.v for a couple of minutes when it ended. I didn't know what to do ! I had so many thoughts and emotions running through me, that all I could do was just sit there. And even my friend (who tries to convince herself that CSI:Miami isn't interesting) said when the episode ended, " Oh my gosh, are they dead?...Why did they all fall down?" and then when we walked away, she was like "I can't even lie, that episode was actually good. It was so interesting." And usually she won't even sit with me for 5 minutes of an episode and she sat and watched the whole thing with me.!
    As for the Premeire of Season 9...Oh My God ! I can't wait ! ( but I kinda have to...)
    I'm looking forward to every possible thing there is to look forward to...
    I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone looks like..
    I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when Delko runs to Cal and tries to wake her up...
    I'm looking forward to seeing H and Tripp rush to the Lab and help everyone.
    I'm looking forward to them catching that guy's partner (the person who poisoned the lab)...
    I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone copes with another loss of a team member...
    And I am just looking forward to seeing the whole damn episode !
    2 More months to go !....Well....68 days to be exact ! :D :p

14. yen35

yen35 Witness

I started watching CSIM only in Nov 2009 (altho I watched the other 2 CSIs since they started). I totally love CSIM. Since last year, I've watched all 8 seasons. For me, season 8 was the best and the finale was just superb. I am also new to forums and I read through all the comments ppl have made in this thread and found them very interesting. I watch NCIS too but its not one of my fav shows (altho JAG from which NCIS spun off from was). Anyway, I found all these comments about pairings intriguing. Its actually the plots in each episode that matter for me, more than the pairings although I don't mind pairings. In Grey's which is my other fav show, there are plenty of pairings, some which keep changing with the season you are watching, some which I like and others not so much, but they don't get in the way of the storyline. In CSIM these scenes with the couple only last for a minute and they are not even in every episode so even if some ppl don't like that particular couple, surely its OK. Look forward to season 9 of CSIM and now I've managed to get my family hooked on it as well.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010