What was your favorite episode of season six?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jun 5, 2010.

?

What was your favorite episode in season six?

1. Epilogue

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Blacklist

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Lat/Long

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Dead Reckoning

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Battle Scars

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. It Happened to Me

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. Hammer Down

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Cuckoo's Nest

12 vote(s)
    18.8%
  9. Manhattanhenge

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  10. Death House

11 vote(s)
    17.2%
  11. Second Chances

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  12. Criminal Justice

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  13. Flag on the Play

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Sanguine Love

6 vote(s)
    9.4%
  15. The Formula

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  16. Uncertainty Rules

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Pot of Gold

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  18. Rest in Peace, Marina Garita

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  19. Redemptio

5 vote(s)
    7.8%
  20. Tales from the Undercard

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  21. Unusual Suspects

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  22. Point of View

8 vote(s)
    12.5%
  23. Vacation Getaway

7 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Which episode or episodes blew you away? Vote in the poll and then let us know what you picked--and what your runners up are.

2. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I thought this would be easy. But as I scan through the list, there are few episodes that really stand-out such as Manhattanhenge, Death House, Criminal Justice and Uncertainty Principle. Now it's hard. :lol:

So for now I'll go with Death House because it's different from the typical CSI formula, it works and I enjoy it a lot! :thumbsup: It's slow-paced but interesting and not boring to watch. This episode also shows how great the chemistry between Mac and Stella is. And of course, it features the most outrageous muder weapon of all time - a whole house! :eek:

Thanks, Top41 for this thread! :thumbsup: Summer without new episodes of CSI: NY to talk about is boring.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I went with Sanguine Love. It was a good, solid episode that I actually remember, unlike most of the season.

4. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Going with Cuckoos Nest because I love Nelly and Flack together! :) Also Death house because I love Mac and Stella together!:thumbsup:

5. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

Ditto. That scene between Mac and Flack? Eddie Cahill should have gotten an Emmy nomination for that....

Tobin

6. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Death House because it was the most creative ever.2nd best was Uncertainty Rules.

7. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

I voted Cuckoo's Nest, because Flack is my favorite character EVER! :D But I also liked Redemptio, Unusual Suspects and Death House.

8. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I liked several episodes. However the one i love the most is Rest in peace Marina Garito. It was like every scene was carefully designed. A high impact every time Marina talked to the camera and i loved how the relationship between Stella and Sid was explored

Also there were more i truly appreciated like Death House, The Formula, Second Chances, 6.05,6.06,6.12,6.21,6.22,6.16 and the whole Compass killer arc but specially 6.03

:D

9. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

erm *thinks* i think the standouts for me were:

sanguine love - mainly for the photographic aspect, visually it was really lovely to watch.

death house - because i always enjoy the token silly episode :D

cuckoo's nest - because flack was great and his little showdown with mac was one of the high points of the season.

unusual suspects and uncertainty rules - because neither relied on high end stunt casting or any of the other gimmicks we've seen too much of this season; both had quite unusual stories with a nice twist to each, and i loved seeing the sciencey side of mac coming out in uncertainty rules :)

pot of gold - just because of #39/#40 basically, the rest of the ep was ok but that was way beyond cute :)

and point of view - because i was great to see mac's apartment and a different side to him, i was pleasantly surprised by how he interacted with peyton, and he looked fantastic - mac really does need to get injured more often ;) as i could only vote for one that's the one i went for, probably because it was fresh in my mind.

10. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

LOL, I kind of agree -- I thought it'd be easy to pick a favourite, since it's not like there's a lot of competition for the Best Episode Award this season :lol: But it's totally a four-way tie!

"Point of View", because of the nearly-two-case formula, the quirkiness of the characters and NY criminals was back, and for a reason I still can't pinpoint, I actually enjoyed the Mac/Peyton dynamic this time.

"Redemptio"; on the one hand it was ridiculous :lol: On the other hand, it's been a long time since I'd enjoyed an NY episode that much. It was just a really good watch, despite the lack of forensics.

"The Formula"; again with the quirkiness of the characters! Tbh, it wasn't like there was anything particularly stand-out about the case, I've pretty much forgotten who the culprit ended up being -- but the way the characters got into the whole thing was fantastic, and so reminiscent of earlier seasons.

"Cuckoo's Nest" -- followup on Terrence and Flack, 'nuff said :lol: That's still one of my favourite relationships in the entire series. And I remember thinking on the first watch that Mac's reaction to Flack's almost-confession was a little on the harsh side, but having watched again a while ago, it was really well done, realistic in a tension-inducing way (because as much as I like the closeness of this team, it is nice to see actual realistic conflict between them sometimes).

...So I ended up voting for "Redemptio" in the end, because it really was the best watch, in an I'm-on-the-edge-of-my-seat way (apparently I'm easily excited :lol:). But the other three definitely deserve it, too.

Actually, "Criminal Justice" deserves one too, because it's the one, most compelling case this season that still stands out in my mind.

11. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

'Blacklist' and 'Cuckoo's Nest'. :) Both aired in the first half of this season and nothing really stands out after that.

12. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

In terms of favorite, I'm going with Sanguine Love. It was so visually appealing and frankly just beautiful. Whomever directed that and cinematography should get an Emmy. That was just gorgeous.

The fact that Carmine wrote it for Gary, well doesn't hurt either. But over all it was visually stunning and a great conflict of the light/dark parallel of some things in life.

I really enjoyed the Compass Killer storyline. Skeet Ulrich was great! I feel it could have had a bit more depth had he not been angry at his wife's killer. I mean he should have been, but the way they set it up, it seemed to be heading in a different direction. I actually enjoyed that about the whole storyline actually. ;)

Cuckoo's Nest. I loved that we got to see Flack fall apart about Jessica and shooting her killer. I loved the confrontation with Mac. Yea, Mac can get a little overbearing and almost hypocritical at times, but I really loved the Mac getting in his face about his behavior. And Nelly can't hurt either right? ;)

My other favorites are RIP Marina Garita and Unusual Suspects.

13. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I'd go crazy if we're talking about season 4! There are lots of awesome episodes there! Season 3 too! But it's finale was so amazing that it's somehow easier. :lol:

14. electra

electra Pathologist

The compass killer storyline is a multi arc storyline or just one episode? I have not watched this season at all and plan to start there.

15. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

^ the Compass Killer storyline is comprised of three episodes:

6.03 LAT 40° 47' N/Long 73° 58'W
    6.08 Cuckoo's Nest
    6.09 Manhattanhenge.

:)

(...hope I got those right... :lol:)

-

Ultimately voted for Cuckoo's Nest. It had a nice integration of case, characters, and city vibe.

It had a great engage and switch opening sequence.

It had some great character stuff, most obviously with Flack at his low point. Eddie was solid throughout. Still, the rest of the team certainly weren't neglected in trying to track down their friend and colleague. They also had moments to comment on it. It had some internal conflict within the team, not just Mac and Flack's Lieutenant, Sythe, but also between Mac and Flack. Danny also was only partially magically healed :lol:, and it was nice at the time to feel that progress was hard earned. The ep had a sense of pace and urgency between the personal and the case, trying to find Flack while in the middle of another serial killer manhunt, but it wasn't all just one note, it also had dynamics in the ebb and flow.

It had some great guests. I always enjoy the interaction between Flack and Terence. Eddie and Nelly were great, and similarly, Eddie and Gary were great. This one also had a rare vibe of NY infused for me, and it had some absolutely fantastic visuals, including some location stuff (possibly contributing to the vibe :lol:) but they were also integrated nicely.

The case wasn't neatly wrapped up at the end for a change (though being the second in a trilogy that would figure :p), but it was nice to see an ep where they didn't get their man, that the middle block was both a step forward in discovering the guy's identity and a step back in his evasion (...This was prior to the return of repeat escapee Shane Casey of course... :lol:). The case wasn't really why I liked the ep, but this installment was easily the best part of the compass killer trilogy.

Honorable Low Key Nod to:

Pot of Gold: a cohesive if low-key ep with some really nice visuals and a great supersaturated palette, some humor, especially Adam, a pretty decent, fun if easily consumable case, a full cast, the appearance of Reed in a non-gratuitous fashion that worked well with the case, #39/40 was fun and unobtrusive, and St.Patrick's as a chronological marker and nod to the parade was a nice change. Flack pasting the leprechaun is worthy in itself :lol: Again, an ep that had a nice balance of elements, woven together well.

Honorable Mentions for Moments Within:

Uncertainty Rules for the midget wrestler (little person wrestler?) and Mrs. Reisling, and some trippy visuals :p. Death House: I don't honestly recall much about it, just that it was actually fun to watch :lol:. Rare enough to warrant a mention. Sanguine Love, not really for the case but for the visuals. The opening minutes alone were exceptional, and it was a beautifully moody ep. POV for trying something different and a fun semi-homage premise, and some entertaining character interaction and case progression.

Would like to say It Happened to Me and Redemptio, but I don't think either were super solid eps. The first was ultimately not very memorable, and the latter, while fun, also had a lot of silliness that made me laugh for the wrong reasons. But. They get a brief mention because it was just nice to see Sheldon getting some focus :p.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010