Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shacky20

shacky20 Captain

I know I'm late to this party, but I cannot believe they aren't bring Liz back, seriously.... I've really enjoyed her over the years, and the lab rat shows "Lab Rats, You Kill Me, Space Oddity, Field Mice" have been some of my favorite shows over the past years... and she actually made me like Hodges...

I must admit they are draining the decent women on the show, but I was never really a huge Sara fan, and Riley never grew on me.....but I really was hoping to see Wendy get into the field.... hope the big wigs at CBS don't decide to do anything else stupid....

Kelly

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

This is 2nd hand info I read on BTA (Black Tie Affair):

Someone read in a magazine (mag not specified) that Marg would be in the show for just the first seven episodes because she has other professional and personal projects ; Jorja Fox would be there in S11 as a guest (lile this year) but no news about George or Eric yet .

Take this with a grain of salt, this has yet to be verified by any reliable sources.

For me personally Eric is the only reason I still watch, if he goes I am done with CSI. I won't be much of a show without either Nick or Greg IMO.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  3. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Another tidbit for the upcoming season.

A new member of the CSI creative team.

Don McGill joins CSI

4. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

You are not alone, i am late too. I didn't want to worry until hearing the official info about Liz. And there is no explanation about why they wanted her to quit. They say "the show is going in a different creative direction in its 11th season.'' What is that supposed to mean now? :cardie: Now only females are Sara and Cath. If Marg would be in only seven episodes and if Sara is just a guest in new season... I don't know maybe if Eric and George don't come back, maybe that's a good thing because if the story goes like that i won't be watching the show. Ofcourse i am just speculating. Summer is the time to wait and see and sleep...zzz...

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Seems like if Marg and/or Jorja won't be back full-time (and that's speculation here), then Liz would have been the perfect choice to step up as the newest female CSI. They've already got her character on that track, and she's in the opening credits, and the fans seem to like her. Why bring in a brand new face, a la Riley, who may or may not fit in well?? :wtf:

Otherwise, if Marg and Jorja are still a big presence on the show, Liz's leaving is sad but not show-defining to me. It's the whole "new creative direction" thing that has me worried.

6. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I just discovered the info came from Star Magazine, which is a tabloid. :rolleyes::rolleyes: So IMO Its not reliable info and I wouldn't put too much stock in it. Sorry, If I knew what mag the info came from I would not have posted it.

7. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

:) i'm open to any new blood for writing

you covered several of my thoughts

i wish they could just reveal the BIG new creative direction already, not knowing what they're up to makes me worry more :eek::eek:

8. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

So is Don McGill going to be a new exec producer or writer? I think the article is saying a new exec. producer but I'm not sure.

What does everybody think the new creative direction is going to be? I personally love the fact that CSI is changing itself up. How's it supposed to survive if it doesn't reinvent itself every once in awhile? I'm hoping the new direction consists of three things,
    1. Better writers/writing. Last season had more duds then gems in terms of episode creativity and quality. CSI isn't going to last much longer if it keeps fumbling with episodes like it did last season.
    2. A return to the style of earlier CSI episodes. I'm getting kind of tired of having a serial killer be the topic of the whole season. It was cool in season 7 with the Minis but now...it's getting repetitive.
    3. Balanced plotlines. Less emphasis on Langie and more emphasis on characters that rarely get the spotlight. I would love it if CSI actually considered putting characters like Dr.Robs or SuperDave into a major storyline. For once.

9. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

Those things would be GREAT. Unfortunately, that would constitute an OLD creative direction ;) And having better writing/writers isn't really a "creative direction". It's just something that should be there in the first place.

10. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Sad to say... but as with some of my other favorite CBS shows that aren't returning (Cold Case),the csi shows are starting to show their age. But, as with Cold Case, when I hear the phrase taking the show in a new direction,it usually ends up that the show not only jumps the shark, it rockets into outer space over it.
    IMO, next year will probably be the last year for one or two of the csis but I want them to leave with their dignity still intact, rather than fans wishing it hadn't come back.

11. ricker23

ricker23 Victim

Well, Catherine's (Building supervisor, the bar owner and Alan Rosenberg's character) and Nick's (Christy the hooker) indiscretions were with potential suspects, persons of interest and/or witnesses involving active cases, not just someone they worked with, which makes it a whole nother ball of wax. :)

12. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

They've all crossed the line at some point, even Brass. It makes them interesting, and human.
    Perfectionism is boring. Case in point: Ray. :)

13. byline

byline CSI Level One

Except that we've had plenty of opportunities to see Ray's flaws, both this season and last, so he's hardly been portrayed as the perfect person.

And, for that matter, being a perfectionist doesn't make one perfect. If you think about it, they're all perfectionists to some degree. They're all consumed with solving their cases, and aren't satisfied until they do. When's the last time you heard any of them say, "Ah, unsolved case. No biggie!"

But being fixated on details and obsessed with getting everything right -- the basic definition of perfectionism -- doesn't mean that any of those folks will ever reach perfection. That, in itself, is an interesting character wrinkle. Not necessarily a flaw; it depends on how far one takes it. If one puts one's obsession with perfection above how one treats people, then I'd say it has become a flaw.

14. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I don't think perfectionist is an accurate way to describe any of the characters (except maybe Hodges). The way the word is used it implies that the person strives for perfection in all aspects of their life. There's a difference between wanting to do your job to the best of your ability - particularly when said job is in law enforcement - and wanting to get every minute detail correct and perfect where no such detail is required.

15. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I agree with what you are saying, and I didn't really mean it in the sense that Ray is a perfectionist in his work, or that he has no character flaws. I meant it more in a sense of the way the writers are portraying him; his knowledge, actions and deeds seem pretty flawless so far. He hasn't made many mistakes that I can recall. And, except for the snarky remark he made to Brass in the finale, he gets along with everyone. Conflict and controversy are necessary in a drama. Even Warrick and Nick had their moments, but I loved (and miss) their relationship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.