Eva/Natalia #3: More of the Beautiful Compassionate Bionic Woman!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

Anywayyyyyyyyy...

Anyone have anything they'd like to see involving Natalia next season?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2010
  2. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Yes, of course there are so many things that I would like to see!

Firstly, I would want to see the continuation of her hearing storyarc but on a more personal level. So far, they only sort of reminded us about it but I would want to know how she is coping personally, how much does it affect her, or it does not at all, which is what it seems now (other than the frequency waves jamming her hearing aid).

They also put some significance in the last scene in 8.13 about domestic violence so I want to know what was that about. If not, I want to see more of her helping these victims, like what she did in L.A, that is good enough. She does the best in these scenes.

Then of course, a new love interest? :p

However, I do want her to be in every single episode and being shown respect as a character/actor, which they failed to do so for most of Season 8. Thinking about it pissed me off forever. Else, forget about the show.

Can we also have a real Natalia centric episode? Huh..?

There are so much more but I save them for later. ;)

3. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I like your thoughts, Michya. I've always wanted to see Natalia work with abuse victims. With her compassion, warmth and empathy, she's a natural in that position.

As much as I'd love for Natalia to have some kind of love interest, the past four years have proved to me that the writers of this show just are incapable to doing it in a way that won't destroy the Natalia we know and love.

And I don't want to see that happen. Natalia is just too perfect they way she is. She is beautful, caring, compassionate and committed and focused. She has credibility, integrity and a sense of professionalism. I don't want to see that taken away because these writers don't know how to write for an adult relationship.

So while I want them to give Natalia much more screen time and much more to do, unless they bring in a whole new crop of writers who have proven experience with writing for real, adult relationships, I'd prefer that they leave Horatio, Ryan, Natalia, Frank, Jesse and Walter alone.

If they bring in a new crop of writers (please, please, please!!!) that are able to do these characters the justice with a relationship that still allows them to maintain essentially WHO they are and doesn't require their destruction to fit them into a contrived situation, I say go for it!

Horatio, Ryan, Natalia and Frank all could use someone who cares about them for a change - and gives them a chance at some of the prime screentime! ;)

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Ah yes, the Natalia wish list....where do I begin!

First & most importantly -- she wake up in the premiere. ;)
    2. Hearing loss -- as someone mentioned above, make it more personal & directly effected on her.
    3. Cochlear concussion -- where is this one going? Answers, please.
    4. A bit more gun action, but not too much.
    5. Kung-foo Natalia! Put those long legs of hers to good use!
    6. Background info -- where is she from? Where are her parents?
    7. Return of Rich (sleazy instructor guy).
    8. If I can't have him ^, then Agent Mikey will do.
    9. If 7 & 8 don't work, then bring in someone new from her past to shake her up a bit.
    10. Continue the abuse angle; perhaps trhough a case -- tie that in with #3 & we have an awesome (& emotional) Natalia centric episode.

There's plenty more but I'll save it for later. :p

Honestly, I don't think tptb could ever destroy this character in my eyes, mainly because I trust Eva in the way she portrays Natalia. I personally think she brings more to the character than tptb do (especially when it comes to expressions/physical gestures/body language - that's all Eva & she does it very well in a tasteful, adult-but-playful manner). So I don't worry that they'd destroy her ...how tptb write the storyline, where it stems from, how it evolves, etc. is a totally different story, & I don't trust the writers too much on that end -- but I still believe Eva could make it work without turning her own character into an annoying love-sick hoochy. :p

So overall - yes, I would like to see her romantically involved (the girl deserves it after Nickhead!), but would prefer a recurring character love interest, or if it's with a main character then save it for when the series is about to wrap up entirely.

5. Kiane

Kiane Lab Technician

Eva/Natalia is my idol. I love how Natalia is dedicated to her work and is compassionate and helpful to the team.
    And that she takes risks, even when the outcome may not be pleasant for her.
    If Natalia gets a new interest, I prefer it to be somebody she meets who is not on the team.

6. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I love your wish list MJ! :p You never forget Sleazy Rich. :lol:

I remember mid season, I was dying to see a Natalia centric episode since she has a storyarc going on and would like to see a break down scene but nope :( because TPTB went to make changes. :scream:

As for the love interest, considering who Natalia is and if the character is just a small recurring one, I think it will be just fine.........well hopefully! Yes, I don't trust TPTB nor their bunch of writers.

I would also love to have Natalia handling her own case or play the leading role in a case.

If we can have a peek into her home, I would be happy too. ;)

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Beautiful photos and article with/about Eva in the June/July 2010 Boca Raton Magazine (note: the mag cover is in the link; click on the third 'dot' at the bottom - article is on pages 52-57. Click fullscreen to read)
    http://issuu.com/bocaratonobserver/docs/bro_junjul2010

8. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

So beautiful and an awesome read! Always great to read what Eva shares. Love it! :adore:

Great find, thanks!

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

10. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

11. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Nice interview from the beautiful Eva!

Thanks for the link Michya.:thumbsup:

12. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Very, very nice! I never get tired of seeing Eva being interviewed or reading her interviews. She's so honest and normal and truly funny. And I love how she talks about how she parents and how close she is to her daughter.

It's easy to see why she is so awesome with kids and victims on the show! She's such a warm and caring person.

13. alexa

alexa Witness

"vegetanarian" LOOOL Hilarious
    kids are amazing.
    thanks for this interview! was a wonderfull reading!

14. dtw

dtw Civilian

I love eva so much... She's Truely an inspirational person.. one of my friends is really close with her and said that they were going to her wedding over the 4th of july... I"M SO JEALOUS!!!!

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.