Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo thread #15

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

I love it too. It just happened as we debated and decided on what episodes to watch.

And it just occurred to me...as story arcs go it's probably the longest one any CSI character has had right? Chasing the Bus in Season Two - Greg's first time in the field to Season Five where Greg finally makes CSI and even into Season 9 where he makes level 3. Quite the arc and I've enjoyed every minute!

2. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

I enjoyed it too, except when they dumbed Greg down when he was trying to take the test. I mean, come on. Are we supposed to believe that he's been taking DNA samples from the CSIs for years and processing them, and he doesn't know how they come to him fromt he field? In Season 1 he showed Nick how to extract all foreign material from a shirt.

3. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

If your talking about the whole 'using the toilet at a crime scene' in Viva Las Vegas, I agree, Greg would have never done that!! All those yrs working in the lad and being around CSI's he would have known better.

4. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah that is true and they did make him look dumb. It was even worse that Hodges was there to hear about it.
    I know on that episode commentary though, Carol Mendelson said that was the most common mistake a rookie CSI would make on a scene. But I guess they wanted something so that he would not pass right away. Well we can talk more about that whole thing when they ep comes up to watch. :D

On a side note, I wish Eric was doing the Monte Carlo thing this summer too. I have a feeling we won't be seeing him until about the time the new season starts filming again. At least I can still sometimes hear him on erockster. :D

5. ILoveCSIMuchly

ILoveCSIMuchly Victim

omnom i feel welcomed :) i love precious metal the first time Greg properly goes out in the field to catch the baddie :) i loved it when he went 'busted' i think thats in precious metal but im not to sure if it is. I saw an interview a while back about Greg wanted airtime but it was in French so i got kinda confused xD but nom >_> i felt sorry for him when he froze up in 'Chasing The Bus' but i also lol'ed at the fireman tripped on the way up the hill :L did anyone else notice that? but anyway i have to go my cousin is reading what im writing and taking the mick :) no worries when she falls asleep she will be sorry as i am a CSI geek and can make her murder look like an accident talk to y'all later :)

6. gregfan3

gregfan3 Police Officer

Welcome, ILoveCSIMuchly!

I never quite realized how anal I was until the idea of this awesome Greg-a-thon came up! I have been going through all of the seasons, every episode from the very beginning, and watching all of the Greg-greatness (and there is much of it, but I would sure love more)...along the way (the very end of season 5), I started doing screen captures...I am now up to the very beginning of season 9 and I cannot join in the marathon until I finish...:rolleyes:
    I look forward to playing to catch up...why didn't I take some vacation days?!
    :)

7. Dizzney

I'm glad I capped all the episodes a few years ago and now just cap as the eps come along and then when the DVD comes out for each season. I remember how I was when I first started capping. I was sort of obsessive about it too. :lol:

8. gregfan3

gregfan3 Police Officer

Thanks, Dizzney, I feel better!:) Glad to know I am not alone!

I guess it is too early to have a release date for the season 10 DVD, huh? So many scenes I am looking forward to capping...

9. Dizzney

Yeah, I am looking forward to capping season 10 from DVD. I might have to take a couple days off to do it. :lol: JK!

Well I think season 9 was released in September last year, so hopefully we get season 10 in Sept. again. I'm just really praying there is a commentary with Eric on it for once.

10. gregfan3

gregfan3 Police Officer

Oh...a commentary....with that voice...I nearly swoon at the very thought of it! It would really be great if Eric, George, Wally, and Jon did the commentary for Appendicament! I still laugh every time I picture Greg say to Hodges that if he can't find a phone, he is going to MAKE one...:lol:...

I really wish that they would let us know if Eric has been offered/signed a contract for season 11...I need to know if our boy is coming back...

11. Dizzney

Yeah I would love a commentary on that episode too. And I loved that part when he talked about making the phone if he had to also. I loved the intense/annoyed look on his face. :lol:

I think he is safe. I think we would have heard by now since the writers are already starting to write for next season. I think the only person who is gone is Liz out of the credited cast.

12. frickangel

frickangel Prime Suspect

Also to put my own two cents into the whole lab-rat to field-mice storyline, Greg paved the way for other CSI characters from the other franchise to do the same. We've got Adam and Hawkes from CSI: NY who did it (though I can't say for Miami since I've never watched it). Because of that I feel that Greg Sanders is pretty iconic. =)

13. egeria

Oh that's cool! I didn't know that :D Not only is he a role model for real life people, but for fictional characters as well! I love that!

And I am in agreement with all of you, I would adore a commentary from all the guys for Appendicitement!! Season Nine is out in Ireland finally, but at 50 euros its a little pricey for me. It will go down soon enough so I'm waiting for the price drop.

I'm on a day off today so what am I doing? Watching Abra Cadavar and Slaves of Las Vegas :D

14. Dizzney

I just hope before the whole series is over, Eric has done at least one commentary on en episode. Right now he is the only one who has not done one. :(

This week's episodes will be:
    June 10th Gregisode: Play with Fire (Season 3) - The lab explosion
    Greg scene: Inside the Box (Season 3) - The aftermath
    Greg scene: After the Show (Season 4) - Cath enlists Greg's help on a case, bypassing Nick and Sara

Again copied from egeria's lovely site! And mind you, I mostly do this for my own benefit as a reminder of which eps to watch.

15. egeria

Thanks :D You scared me there for a minute! I thought it was Wednesday :lol:!! I had yesterday off work so my days are a bit messed up!! :D

This is totally random but you know the dancing in the headdress scene? Somehow it always makes me think that Eric would make a great 'Peculiar Purple Pie Man of Porcupine Peak'. You know, for the 'yah-tah-tah-tah-tah-tah' dance. :guffaw:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.