Vassey Says Goodbye To 'CSI'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jun 2, 2010.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Entertainment Weekly reports that Liz Vassey (Wendy Simms) won’t be returning to CSI: Crime Scene Investigation in the fall. CBS has not confirmed Vassey’s exit, but an insider told EW, “The show is going in a different creative direction in its 11th season.”

More...

2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Re: Vassey Says Goodbye To ?CSI?

If it's true, I'm very sad. I really liked Wendy. She was awesome and brought a lot to the lab.

Let's hope Jorja/Sara stays on, otherwise it's all Catherine.

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Re: Vassey Says Goodbye To ?CSI?

If Catherine stays on. Or any of the others. Who the hell knows what a "different creative direction" means. Doesn't sound good tho.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

CSI is a sinking ship. They should just put it out of its misery already.

5. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

"different creative direction". Might as well be a death knell. Why why why does this have to happen??? And I really liked Hodges and Wendy, too.

6. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I think the title of this needs to be reversed. Intstead of "Vassey Says Goodbye To 'CSI'", it should be "CSI says goodbye to Vassey" - since it seems to be their decision to let her go, not hers.

This latest news just reaffirms my belief that the '(needs-to-get-a) brain trust' at CSI still has no clue as to how to bring this show along. Getting rid of Liz (a fairly popular character) is NOT the answer. How about getting new 'management' instead? Someone with a clue as to who their viewing audience really is.

Definitely NOT happy about this latest development.

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I agree, the Titanic is sinking and the rest of the cast should just bail out..since the captain (LES MOONVES) seems to be asleep and the rest of them are just floundering..

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

It's not a sinking ship the ratings are still very high every week. Lots of CSI's have left, the main man Grissom/Billy, our beloved Warrick/Gary, and more, to many to even name, and the show keeps on keeping on. Wendy was great as a Lab Rat but we don't know the inside story, do we? there's always more then meets the eye, and more then they let the fans know:confused:TPTB must have something exceptional in mind, that we'll find out in S/11, and for some reason she was not part of the plan:(

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The problem is that she was one of two women in the main cast (three counting Sara) and the rest of the cast is male. While we women do like our male eye candy, we also like to have women who represent us as well... and Wendy did that for me (Riley too). Cath is closer to my mom's age. :lol:

10. Arkle

Arkle Dead on Arrival

So once again the CSI franchise is reducing the number of female characters. I think this pretty much means that Natalia will be the one who doesn't "get back up" when CSI Miami returns. This trend continues, the only shows that'll be left with good women characters will be Psych (the Chief), Caprica (Zoe, and she's an AI), Doctor Who (Amy Pond), and Torchwood (Gwen).

11. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I'm so sad about the news.:(I loved Wendy's character and her relationship with Hodges.

12. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

according to what I read in the TV a few wks back......the comment was made if MH didn't renew her contract the show would be lost........There was also something about GE but....the way the creators made it sound was MH just had to come back or else......honestly I wish she'd leave the show....I've never liked her anyway......she loved to kiss butt & I don't like polictiking...

13. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

And we guys need our eye candy too :lol:

This sucks :(

14. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Definitely disappointing news. :(

15. Arkle

Arkle Dead on Arrival

I hope we at least get a plausible explanation for her leaving. We still have no idea whatever happened to Louise Lombard's character a few seasons back do we?