Criminal Minds #3: Beware The Office Of Unfettered Omniscience

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Welcome back. :)

As to Morgan were still assuming he isn't, its a cliffhanger, maybe instead of going with the usual, put regular character in peril then leave fans hanging, they decided to go with the put guest character in peril, Morgan tied up, and let them think its safe.... But is it? Hmmm if that is the case then that is crafty. :shifty:

2. electra

electra Pathologist

We sure missed you a lot ,Bryn.:) Whan I watched morgan and Garcia at the end of the episode in Alaska I was thinking about you.But I still think is friendship.Come back soon.

The promos led ud to believe that Morgan would end up being shot.He wasn't but still has to face serious psychological issues .Maybe he will feel guilty for what happened.

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  3. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

I wanted my man to be in danger for once. I wanted him to get some attention. Lol. That sounds really dumb when I put it like that. But him and Emily are my favorite characters, so I was very excited about maybe having a Derek-centric episode. Or someone different having the Finale Curse.

I'm flattered, electra.Although, my shipping has become a little *cough*... schizophrenic. Since Garcia has been dating whats-his-face for so long and they haven't flirted as much, I kind of gave up and started to enjoy a little Derek/Emily because it's cute and occasionally seems pretty plausible (hey, they're my two favorites AND they make the best team everr). And then that Alaska episode came and now I'm confused. Yay. Plus, all of you, especially Alex, talk about anti-shipping, so I just don't know anymore.

And, you know, I would have paid much better attention if Alex hadn't started talking to me, because I wasn't even going to be on the computer while watching it.

The promos made me believe that Morgan was going to be hurt and possibly kidnapped, in which case the team would have to find him and everyone would be worried (especially Emily, haha) and I would be happy. I think he'll have issues, though, with being powerless to stop what's going on. And then maybe someone will have to give him a talk about how what happened wasn't his fault (like maybe Emily?) and such. I think that'll be his biggest issue with what happened- how he had to sit and watch and couldn't help.

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Since season 5 has been officially closed, I would like to share some of my observations:

I realized, Criminal Minds was a little bit down this season when it comes to quality. The profiling aspect was missing or lacking on some episodes. Other episodes were just unmemorable. Suspense and thrill is always the promise of this show but this season somehow they lacked.

The only episodes I like and remember a lot are: "Nameless, Faceless", "100", "Mosley Lane", and "The Internet is Forever". The rest were forgettable. The finale is of course fresh in my mind but seriously, that wasn't the scariest I've seen as the producers were promising. Still the scariest episode was "Lucky".

Some episodes were good with nice amount of profiling but I felt they were a spin-off of previous episodes. I will come back to name those episodes as I can't remember their title. I still have the whole summer to watch the season again.

Criminal Minds is a genius show. The stories are extraordinary and I imagine how hard it is to conceptualize an episode, create a unique unsub, write a great script and so on. I hope next season would be so much better. The nature of the show is promising but its quality is hard to maintain.

5. Destiny

Now I know JM said that they were going to dig into his past a bit next season, but I have noticed, with this show the whole season isn't about just one character alot, it starts out with one, and then moves into another, maybe their starting out with Morgan and then moves into Rossi's. Besides if Morgan got into to much trouble lol Garcia would have a fit and ground him (btw her bf is named Kevin) for oh life. :lol:

But I remember MGG saying "Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think you even get the impression that Morgan's going to die. I think it's more like, 'What is Morgan going to do?' We pull a MacGyver cliff-hanger."

But another site said this. "And as is customary with Minds finales, one person in the team is always in danger, though maybe not of will-he-live-or-not type this time.
    "Emotionally, Morgan [Shemar Moore] will have to live with some horrible things that happened on his watch. Maybe we'll be able to pick up that thread next season," Messer adds."

So in actually Morgan's centric ep could be based not on physically hurt, but rather psychological hurt. He has to live with that promise no matter what the outcome. I think that is why he was trying to avoid making it, and the daughter and sister kept making him promise, and he relented. Interesting concept actually, MGG was right most endings were always, gun shots, cars blowing up, etc for season enders, but this was almost worse its psychological peril. :shifty:

6. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

First, I don't think Spicer's dead, what if he wear bullet proof. I like Emily and Morgan, but I think they are more of brother and sister then they make a couples. I like the episode. Tim Curry can play a great creepy guy.

Second, when they are going to show Nameless, Faceless. I want to see that. Next Wed. It's 5x03 and the follow Wed. 5x15. When are they going to show Namelss, Faceless again?

7. Destiny

NHRF Check out this link, its updated and a good site. Futon Critic CM Show Schedule When the eps come on that you want to see they will have it.

BTW ION TV Mini-Marathon on the 31st. (I may have listed this in the Marathon thread)

MAYHEM - 4|3c
    Hotch's SUV explodes leaving Kate (the head of the NYC's FBI office) seriously injured. Hotch fights to keep Kate alive as the team tracks down the terrorists responsible for the bombing. They discover the bombing is a diversion so that the terrorists can carry out an assassination of a VIP undergoing medical treatment at a nearby hospital.

THE ANGEL MAKER - 5|4c
    Recent murders are linked to a serial killer who was executed a year ago. The team determines that a woman who was in love with the deceased serial killer is completing his work as a testament to her love for him.

MINIMAL LOSS - 6|5c
    Prentiss and Reid go undercover with Child Services, to investigate possible abuse charges of children in an underground cult and get caught inside the compound when a federal raid goes bad. They have to help the team from the inside as they try and resolve the ensuing hostage situation with the extremely charismatic cult leader.

PARADISE - 7|6c
    The team tracks down an UnSub who abducts, tortures, and kills couples who frequent his motel in a resort area. Agents Morgan, Prentiss, and Hotchner raid a roadside motel that maybe the site of a couple's kidnapping.

CATCHING OUT - 8|7c
    The BAU is called in when a series of killings occur in rural areas around railroad tracks. Their investigation leads them to a homeless train jumper riding the rails. This Unsub murders couples and then spends days in their homes absorbing their lives.

THE INSTINCTS - 9|8c
    A serial killer abducts a child, keeps him alive for seven days then smothers him to death. The team is called in when another child is abducted. They discover and stop the perpetrator of the crime -- a woman who went insane when her newborn infant was taken from her seven days after giving birth. On a parallel track, Reid is plagued by dreams of a murder from his childhood (finding a murdered child in his basement). At the end of this episode, he "completes" the dream and realizes -- or so he thinks -- that it was his estranged father who killed the child in his dreams.

MEMORIAM - 10|9c
    This is the conclusion of the two-parter that began with "Instincts," when Reid was plagued by dreams of a murder from his childhood. He believes that his own father was a serial killer who's still at large. Reid and the team not only profile and locate the correct killer, they put to right this miscarriage of justice from Reid's childhood.

MASTERPIECE - 11|10c
    An Unsub presents himself to the team and reveals to them that he is a serial killer who has murdered seven women over the years and at this moment has five other victims who will die in less than ten hours unless the team can stop him. The team must "reverse" profile from a known UnSub to try and find these five victims before they are killed.

8. electra

electra Pathologist

Morgan is also one of my favorites,bryn.When he was "in charge" he was way too serious and his flirting with Garcia was almost gone.I am glad that is back becouse regardless of romance or not Morgan and Garcia relationship is one of the best parts of the show.I also like him with Emily becouse they seem more equal .They are the perfect team when they work and is esay to picture both having a beer after work.

I like Destiny idea that the finale was more psychological suspense.If the girl is seriously injured ,Morgan would feel guilty and I hope the writers let us see how he deals with that.It has been a while since we had "Profiler,Profiled".

I liked this season a lot but is probably my least favorite .I blame the spin off:lol:. I want the suspense that had me on edge like on Season 3.They did better on the last 2 episodes so I have high hopes for next season.

I agree,geeno,"Lucky" still makes me uneasy.

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

The psychological suspense idea works for me. He wasn't a particularly horrible murderer (put it this way; we've seen much worse), but the fact that he plays off fear for your loved ones and fear of the dark is just creepy and makes me glad that we don't have too many power outages here.

I agree. The season was much, much better than seasons I've seen of other shows, but all in all it just wasn't as great as a CM season. The Reaper episodes were really good, and there were one or two others that were also really good, but as a whole it just wasn't as good as S3, which is my personal favorite.

Wow, Bryn, you actually listened to something I said for once. It's a miracle. :lol:

10. Destiny

For anyone interested, Joe Mantegna & Gary Sinise are hosting "The 2010 National Memorial Day Concert" Airing tonight on PBS, I have a thread up for it if you want to discuss it. Also AJ Cook will also be there listed as a performer. You can see more about it all and all the performers in the thread for it. Just wanted to give you all a heads up. ;)

11. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

First of all, Alex, shut up.

Okay, I didn't understand how they were like "This guy is the worst" when he wasn't actually that much different from other killers. Yeah, he kills in the dark, and most people are afraid of that. Sure. But the guy in 'Lucky' wins my votes for worst. *shudders*

Psyhological trauma could be very interesting. It HAS been a while since 'Profiler, Profiled', and, come to think about, I would rather see more of Morgan and his character and such that just him being hurt and them worrying (Although him being upset could also make for some nice moments. Just saying).

I think I like Morgan and emily just because they seem to be relatively equal. And they have fun. It would be a semi-realistic relationship personality-wise (I don't necessarily mean that them hooking up would be totally- (crap. I can't think of the word I want here. Predictable? Easy to see? Grrr. Do you catch me?), but, that, when you think about, in real life, people with their personalities would make a reasonable couple). And I see my CM shipping as more of I-Wouldn't-Mind-Seeing-Them-Together rather than Oh-My-God-Get-Together-Now.

I felt that only certain episodes stuck out to me this season- like there were phenomenal episodes, and then there were okay episodes. Not that there is ever a *bad* episode of CM (except 'Honor Among Thieves'), there were just no "good" ones- only Awesome or Eh.

I am now quite excited for Morgan's psychological issues, since hopefully it will show us more about him- which we need. Him and Emily. I was already tired of learning about Reid, and now I'm getting tired of learning about JJ. So, Morgan and Emily, please!

p.s.- I did know that Garcia's boyfriend's name was Kevin, I just couldn't think of the name at the time.

12. electra

electra Pathologist

I agree,Bryn.No more Reid centric episodes.I do like him but it's time to get to know Rossi,Morgan ane Emily.

Speaking about this season ,What are your top 5 episodes?For me it's going to be:
    1.100.Hotch.Nuff said.;)
    2.The internet is forever.
    3.Nameless,faceless.
    4.Our darkest hour.
    5.The eyes have it.

Still think the one with the spin off cast is the worst.:lol:Absolutely no chemistry.

13. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

1. 100.
    Hotch was epic. Duh.
    2. Cradle to Grave
    Morgan held a baby. :)
    3. Mosley Lane
    I seem to like ones with abducted kids- this one was interesting because
    she kept them.
    4. Exit Wounds
    I liked them lounging around in comfy clothes. It had a very family-ish
    feeling. And some M/G.
    5. The Internet is Forever
    I was a little afraid to go back to Facebook.

I've been tired of Reid for a while now, though I liked him this season because he was just as important as everyone else. But it seems like now they're all, "JJ is now a mother, so every chance we get, we have to show that she has new feelings, since she is apparently the only one with feelings."

14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i've finally caught up with the end of the season! i haven't read *all* of your thoughts - i might go back over this thread and do so at some point. anyway; as for the finale, i thought it was kind of a weird one. tim curry was really creepy, which i liked because it was a bit of a departure. as for what will happen regards morgan - i quite like the idea of the psychological trauma being the key as opposed to something physically happening to him. but i guess we'll see.

i did think it was a bit of a come down as some of the episodes running up to it were a lot better, i thought.

i thought mosley lane was great, i liked the one in alaska too, because it was quite nice to see all of them in a different setting, dressed down, garcia getting to be really involved (and not really in a good way, poor garcia!) - i thought the facebook one was clever too, it really did make me a bit worried about the net - but that didn't last long :lol:

but the one that really stood out for me was the one with the doll's tea parties - that was sooooo creepy. and the way reid let rip at the psychiatrist after realising what he'd done was just brilliant, it's not often you get to see reid really lose it like that; i also loved how he handled the unsub when they caught up with her, he was really sympathetic and the rest of them seemed to take their cue from that. that's one thing i really like about cm generally, the way they often generate sympathy for the killers as much as the victims.

15. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

Ooh, the one where the lady made human "dolls" was awesome, too. I was *SO* creeped out.

And I also forgot to mention that the spinoff episode was the other truly bad episode of CM. No chemistry AT ALL. That is one show I am not looking forward too. GAAAH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.