The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #22

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 12, 2009.

1. shacky20

shacky20 Captain

That's what got me watching again, catching reruns on Spike, it's fun going back to the beginning. I find lately some of my ideas come while watching episodes, several post eps fics have been playing in my head watching season 9 again this past week..I haven't written anything for over three years until last week, so i hope the bug hits me again, I've missed it, I'm hoping to get my own inspiration...

Do you have this story up over at WMTDB?? I would love to have it up there....I'm finding it extremely well written which I must admit I'm picky about...

2. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

No, Shacky. I haven't posted anywhere else. I'm so glad you think that it's good enough to post elsewhere. I admit that I'm still unsure of myself when it comes to this whole fanfic thing. I keep worrying that I'll get some awful review that will send me running from the website. So far everyone has been very nice and helpful.

3. shacky20

shacky20 Captain

Most people are, every once in a while you'll get one maybe that is constructive, but most are really trying to help.... They are a couple places you could post, do you have an LJ account? Also there is Forensics out of the Lab.... don't know if I'm allowed to post a link since it has NC17 stories, and of course the "What Makes the Desert Beautiful" site, used to be nickandgreg.com, but we had problems and needed to start over, but hopefully it will get changed back soon... I'm rather biased since it's my site, you always find new readers when you post in new places... and that feeling of unease when posting doesn't really ever go away, trust me, after five and a half years, I was nervous as heck posting last week....

4. waiting4summer

Sorry Shacky, my internet went down. I didn't mean to leave you hanging. I just got it back.

I don't have a LJ account, just been visiting to read the fanfics there. Same with WMTDB. Hadn't heard of Forensics out of the Lab.

I'm open to posting it on your site, if you think it's a good fit. ;0)

5. shacky20

shacky20 Captain

No problem, I wasn't even awake much later, I wish I could be a night owl... anyway, definitely I think you should post it, I finally started reading again this afternoon, I got stuck playing CSI Trivia on Facebook, and I kind of like to put off my reading so I can just read everything at once, odd I know, but I to read at night better.. a little spinach and feta pizza, a little blackberry merlot, and a lot of Nick/Greg fic and Kelly's a happy girl.... Yes, WMTDB is the perfect place, I don't even know how many stories we have over there anymore.... it's been my site for almost five years now, I took it over when Caroline Crane didn't want it anymore..... I snatched it up immediately because for one thing, I didn't want to see it go down, and I love Nick/Greg everything.... but 0creativity runs everything for me, and he's revamped it twice now, and kind of still in the middle of the second one.... I can send you the link for Forensics out of the Lab, it's another CSI fanfic site, which covers all three CSI's, and you can post by slash or non slash, and then by pairing.... I really want to get the video section back up over at the Desert (that's what I call it)... I always loved making Nick/Greg video's, I remember when I started making them only a couple people did, and I never thought I would figure out how to make a video... I spent a couple of years making over 25 video's, and I can tell how much better my later ones are than my earilier ones..... I truly loved making vids....

Also if you ever need another beta, I've done that as well for several authors, not for a while, but in a pinch I can do sometimes, especially now that I'm not working....

On a side note, I don't know if anyone else here in a Mythbusters junkie, but this Wednesday they are doing a myth to see if Pepper Spray and Tasers can create a fiery mix.... exactly what they did when they were on at the end of season 2 in "The Theory of Everything"... I couldn't believe it when I saw it.... I wonder if they will mention their appearence on CSI doing the exact same thing... I thought it was pretty cool...

Shacky

6. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Sorry Shacky, but where is WMTDB now? Last time I went to the new site it was gone. I can't find it anywhere?

(Sorry mods, I'm posting on the sly at work and can't make the requisite three comments!)

7. shacky20

shacky20 Captain

Can I post the link here???? My webmaster 0creativity (Matt) started making the new site a while ago, so he created a new web address to move everything over too, so when he was done, I let the site expire, but I still own the domain so I'm going to see what I need to do to move everything back to the correct name...

8. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Speaking of your videos, Shacky, where can I find them? I had downloaded quite a few but ended up clearing all of the video files on my computer to save space. Now the links I had to your videos no longer work :(

For on-topicness, what would you think Nick and Greg did/talked about in the hospital after that last scene?

Also, are we still doing a summer re-watch?

9. shacky20

shacky20 Captain

Yeah, I don't have them uploaded to the new server yet, I need to ask matt about it because it has a place to do it, but it isn't functional yet. You can find several at youtube... just type in by username name there, kellyshacky14, and if you click on my username, it will bring up all the ones I have posted there, and whichever ones I don't, I can email you the files through yousendit...

As for the after hospital scene talks... well I don't know if this qualifies, but I actually wrote a post ep fic dealing with this from Greg's POV, I always find that easier for me.... It's called "Maybe".... so that's kind of my take on it, or one take at least....

I don't know about which ones, but today Spike started over with CSI, showed the first five again today, doing five each day, and it was so much watching the first scenes of them again, eventhough I have all the season, I rarely take time to pop them in, but when it's on I'll watch, tomorrow "Who are You?" is on, one of my personal Love favorites, first ever boy touch!

10. waiting4summer

Personally, I think that that after Greg walked the ladies to the parking lot he came back and tore Nick a new one for being so glib about the whole thing. Nick's comment, "I play dead good." (or something to that effect), probably had Greg ready to break. I can imagine him telling Nick that if he keeps up with the heroics, that pretty soon he's not going to be playing dead, he's going to be dead for real. :scream: Of course, after that he helped Nick get dressed and took him home to nurse him back to health. ;)

I read your new fic tonight, Shacky. Very nice. You're back! :bolian:

11. shacky20

shacky20 Captain

So happy you liked it, it was fun writing again after several years, and Greg just wouldn't shup up until I wrote it....

I hope everyone got my above messages about my vids and the site... if anyone wants the links from pm me and I can send them..

It's been so much fun watching season 1 again, Spike's been showing them all week, today was the swapping spit scene from I-15 Murders, and Table Stakes, I love that eppy for so many reasons, plus it's also the first time we here Nick call Greg, "G", my aboslutle favortie nickname....

Waiting4summer, hopefully you're writing more School Daze, and will we ever get the smut going on????? I'm patiently waiting...

Kelly

12. waiting4summer

Hey Kelly, I've been trying to finish the final chapter, but am struggling. After all this time I don't want to just write anything to be done, ya know? I've got the beginning done and the last scene (just knew what it should be), but I've got to get the remainder in there somehow. LOL :p

So, for inspiration I've been watching my CSI dvds to keep up with Spike and I'm finally caught up today. If I can stick with the schedule on Spike, I'll make my goal of getting through all 9 seasons this summer. :)

On another note, I see I went from victim to DOA. Is that a good thing?

13. shacky20

shacky20 Captain

Season 2 already starts Monday, it must be fate I figure to start over from the beginning just as summer begins so I can actually be home to watch them.... I must admit that this week, I have done basically absolutely nothing, except play on my new laptop and watch CSI all day, and I must say it's been wonderful! Plus catching up on fanfic...

And yes, it goes by number of posts.....so keep talking.

14. waiting4summer

Spent the day watching reruns on Spike and thoroughly loving my first day of summer vacation.

I was wondering if anyone (probably Shacky, :thumbsup:) watched and wondered about who Greg was talking to on the phone in Face Lift (I think it was that epi). Something around the lines of - No, I love you more. Bye Baby.

Dang, it couldn't have been Nick, he was standing in the doorway. I could pretend it was his mother until he said "Baby". That would have just been too ewww.l :lol:

Posted the final chapter today. Thought I'd leave the smut to you. I've been reading some of your old stuff. Ice Cream, really? I bow to the master. :eek:

15. shacky20

shacky20 Captain

Well, in my little world, Nick and Greg didn't get together for quite awhile, probably around season 4 or 5. Season 1 and 2 were the flirting stage, Greg never thought Nick would actually fall for him, so he admired from afar, something he could only fantasize about... as I once heard from someone, Greg was metaphorically pulling Nick's pigtails for most of seasons 1 and 2, from the "Did Sanders rat me out?" in Boom to Greg handing out the CrimeStoppers fliers in Stalker.... to teasing about Kristi, just like a little girl on the playground chasing him... So to me to Greg being in another relationship early doesn't bother me...

Yeah, I'll go over and read now then.... Hee ice cream, you must be talking about Hungry Series, "Dessert Nicky?" I wrote those so long ago.... there were two things I seemed to do, smut and angst... I love the angst, and the smut, it is best when you can combine the two, my two favorites for that were "Take What You Will", and "A Different Kind of Pain", that one was a little different because I actually made a video first to that, and after a few requests and a wonderful plot bunny, I wrote a sequel after...... for pure angst "Laying in the Bed I Made" , that was probably by far most angsty and my personal fave I wrote...., sorry enough about my old stuff, off to read the last chapter...

Kelly

(and yes I watched today, it is so much fun, they look like babies)