Marg/Catherine ~ Not JUST A Pretty Face #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by SunsetBoulevard, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electra

electra Pathologist

Thanks for all the responses.Like all of you said , Catherine has grown as a person.IMO she was actually the more level headed of the 3 in that scene.She even said something that all of them were doing their jobs.She just wanted something extra to be done and she was right.I could think of some scenes where she has crossed the line but not there.Also,I believe Ray getting injured was not her fault either becouse only Ray would get so close to a serial killer!!:lol:

But I LOVE the scene with Brass anyway.Pure gold.

2. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

I think now would be a good time to talk about all the good Marg/Catherine moments from the last season, seeing as...well, the season is over. :lol:

For me, one of the most defining moments for me was the Catherine/Vartann relationship. I think the writers did a good job establishing a healthy relationship between the pair without them overdoing it. I mean, we saw the duo...3 times? That was plenty to have them together and made the viewer want more. Very classy.

I also loved season 10's opener, Family Affair, and how they established Catherine as the leader throughout the season. Yeah, she got off to a shaky start, but once she realized that she couldn't do it all alone (something that I've realized too, actually...thank God for my aides) she really got the ball rolling as the supervisor. They did a good job on that front.

I really didn't like the lack of Catherine in some episodes, especially the last 7. I mean...M's the lead. For her to be in 4 scenes with 10 lines and less than 5 minutes of screen time is ridiculous. I'm not gonna get into all that, though, cause I'm in a good mood. :lol:

And finally...one of the absolute best parts of the season...

Wait for it...

Ray: "You're suspending me?!"
    Catherine: "No, I'm diagnosing you. You've got the whatever virus. Take a sick day."

*splat*

3. electra

electra Pathologist

I have too many and probably would have to do a second post but from the top of my head I liked her first scene with Sara in "Family affair".They have come a long way and it was nice to see that she was humble in accepting advice from others.:thumbsup: The following scene with Nick where she gave him the paperwork was really nice too.She clearly is his fiend but does not hesitate to give him something not pleasant.

I will come back with more later....

4. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I'm not sure about Family Affair. I have to watch it again. I did like the bonding moment between the two women. They have come a long way.

Another bonding moment was in Better off Dead when Sara asked about Vartann.

I have always liked Cath's relationship with Nicky so the episode she made him her assistant, that was nice.

And of course, Catherine and Lou. I like how they only did it three episodes. And that it's something that Marg has wanted on the show for a while makes me happy about it too. :D

Her confrontation with Brass was great. An excellent example of her leadership and her willingness not to back down.

I too will have more later....

5. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

When she was watching Lindsey perform Cabaret on the stage. :) There you saw a proud mama getting moved by her precious little girl. <3

6. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

That was a really sweet and tender moment, E. I just wish they would have had more positive Lindsey/Catherine interaction. They had the one scene at the start when Catherine was talking to Lindsey about the guy who was murdered, then they immediately turned it negative when they had Catherine telling Lindsey to back off. I hope that maybe on the DVD we will have a nice sweet Cath/Lindsey deleted scene...and not something where Catherine discovered Lindsey had been snooping in her office. :lol: But yeah, her watching Lindsey dancing onscreen was a beautiful moment, one that I wish we had a lot more of.

7. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

HA! Finally know where the name Lou came from. I just had a look at the season 10 scripts and despite CSI's second companion book (which says Vartann's first name is Tony), his four episodes all have him listed as Detective Louis Vartann.

I still prefer Tony, but at least we're sure what the name of Catherine's man really is now. :lol:

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I really can't see him as a Louis. He totally is a Tony for me :lol:. I guess that solves our mystery and we know Lou is not short for Lieutenant. Thanks for clearing that up :). So Cath and Lou, huh? Since he is such a good guy for her I'll forgive the whole name thing :lol:.

9. electra

electra Pathologist

I think Lou sounds too cutesy.But Catherine can make it work I guess.

10. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I actually don't mind the name Louis. It's the nickname that I have a problem with. I mean Lou? Seriously? No thanks, but no. :lol:

I'll just stick to Vartann for now, I guess. :D

11. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Hey Erica, mind if this goes up in the Vartann thread? :)

Also, I preferred Tony to Lou but Louis has a better ring to it.
    But, Lou or Louis will sound just as sexy coming from Catherine. ;)

12. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I hope Marg comes back. I'm hearing way too many rumors about who's coming back and who isn't...I don't know what to believe. I do know that without Marg there wouldn't be a leading lady and every show needs a leading lady.

13. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Heather: Sure, no problem. :)

14. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I think we can be pretty sure that ANYTHING coming from Catherine is sexy. Try it. "Garbage" *shiver* :devil:

15. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

^^^ :lol:

Marg has like the most sultry voice ever. I swear you could sit there and listen to her talk for hours and not even move.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.