Criminal Minds #3: Beware The Office Of Unfettered Omniscience

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

The Spicer connection was an unexpected twist.
    From the time Morgan said they should wait for backup,my stomach was in knots.I knew it
    was going to end badly for Spicer.
    Tim Curry was so creepy as the unsub,the teeth were really gross.
    I'll ask the same question as GNRF,who is that dead guy on the floor of the old Spicer house?
    I wonder why he took Spicer's daughter?

2. Anna P

Anna P Witness

Perhaps the body was the person who was currently living in the house?

3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I like the episode. I thought last season's finale was scarier and creepier than this.

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

So then JM was right it was definitly a good episode, which I will have to watch again because for some reason people decided that calling me at that time was a good idea, am I going to have to give them a schedule, my goodness, well wait if I did then they would never call between baseball and my regular shows... umm schedule it is. :lol:

What I could see of it. I think the dead guy was probably the owner of the home, remember Spicer and his sister have their own homes now, I doubt they would have kept that one, and I am not sure (because again phone calls) if they mentioned if grandpa was still alive, and if so would he live where a horrific crime against his family took place, I wouldn't.

As to why take the girl? He said she was "special" basically she is another young person like spicer to try and influence but also to get fame from, think about it he kidnaps her and she is all over the news as the daughter of a cop and a special cop (remember the media loves him), this guy thinks he made Spicer what he was, and now the girl is his on going fame. IMO.

Did he really kill spicer or is he just unconcious? Twisty-turny hate 'em and love 'em. :lol:

Yep and I put that in the thread a couple days back. CBS is running it as midseason/summer type show. Least this time they are who knows about next season lol.

5. electra

electra Pathologist

I do get the shippers point becouse Emily has certainly chemistry with everyone.I have seen pairings between Morgan,Rossi ,Reid and even JJ!! IMO the chemistry between the cast is so awesome that is easy to picture each of them in a romantic relationship with another.But I prefer if everything remains platonic.

So now I have to worry about an unsub everytime the power is out in my country.Like if the internet scare was not enough.LOVE this show.:lol:

6. Destiny

Great ep, great to know what is out there, the part that sucks, is knowing what is out there. :lol: They tell us a good story, and at the sametime show us a reality that we need to see but really would love to say "hey thats fiction". They take that "it will never happen to me" away and say "wanna bet, it could". :shifty:

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

You know, it's too bad that they killed off Eric Close's character cause I saw some chemistry between him and Emily.

8. electra

electra Pathologist

Was Eric Close on WAT?

We actually have a lot of crime when the power is out so they reflected my reality,Destiny.Some serial killers are just something that I can not imagine but this was close.

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yep this was creepy. It's one of those that basically anyone can be a target and it makes you feel like it really could happen to you.

Which one was him?

10. GregNickRyanFan

Yes, he played Martin.

Eric Close played Matt Spicer in the season finale.

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

OMG I'm sooo horrible with faces, of course! I kept thinking I'd seen him somewhere and of course I had since I watched WAT from time to time. Thank you!

Well maybe he isn't dead... You know how well they resucitate people in these types of shows so maybe he'll be taken to the hospital, have surgery and voila! :lol: We never did see him after the shot rang off.

12. GregNickRyanFan

I think he was shot point blank in the head up close, so he's most likely dead. :(

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Oh I thought I saw him get shot in the chest. Well if it's the head then no hope there.

14. Destiny

I just watched it, and unless they changed it the unsub had the gun pointed kind of between the shoulder and the heart area, after the gun went off you can see spicer falling backward with force and the gun coming up from being fired. Thing is after he was shot and you see him fall to the floor, did anyone else notice that the unsub was blocking out his body (after pic number three) so you couldn't see where he was shot, if he was alive, if was like Garcia faking it (in fear he would shoot his daughter) his body minus the legs were blocked then the dark caused even more not to be able to see. So I screen grabbed that one to.

Okay I went back and got some screen grabs of it, pardon the contrast I had to lighten it cause it was too dark. I linked to them. If you want them, save them cause they will be coming down in a couple days to a week and I will edit out this post. If it doesn't show up for you let me know. ;)

Spicer Pic 1 Asking for a promise,
    Spicer Pic 2 Begging Morgan for promise,
    Spicer Pic 3 Mini Second after being shot,
    Spicer Pic 4 Body Blocked

One other thing I found annoying, after everything Morgan said to Spicer, I get that he put the gun down, okay I don't but I do. After he was down on his knee's. He asked morgan to promise him his daughter would be alright, you could see morgan and hear him stalling over and over again. Yet Spicers sister (who yes had been assulted and was in a state) demanded that Morgan to make the promise. The other annoying thing, when the unsub was looking away and spicer was right there with the gun on him, notice he didn't try to make one last grab for it. Sure he might have lost or upset him but that could have allowed morgan with bound legs to kick him.

Morgan did ask shouldn't they wait for backup, the problem is shortly before that (unless my memory faults me in the last five minutes and that is possible lol) Em's phone and Reids cells went out. We only say them say they were going to his sisters house, never saw them say they were going to the other house, and how did they get reception? Hmm twists and turns.

15. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

I heard you guys wanted me to come back. :)

I need to watch this again, because, honestly, after the promo, I thought there was going to be Morgan!InDanger, so I got all excited. And then I was disappointed because that didn't really happen. :(

But I'm back!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.