CSI: NY Moves to Friday Night at 9pm Next Season

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 19, 2010.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Thursday is a really sought-after night. I'm not entirely sure why, but it is. :lol:

I'm not sure how I feel about the scheduling changes. I guess we'll have to see how the ratings are affected in the fall. I assume the numbers will go down because it's on Friday, but if it can remain steady the show could definitely help the night. I'd hate for season 7 to be the show's last season, but nothing can last forever. We'll see...

2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Thursday is prime because it's right before the weekend. Even if you stay up late to watch something, the next day is Friday the end of the work week. That's at least my understanding of the coveted Thursday night spot.

It it very interesting that Friday night TV viewing is different in other countries.

Also, I said to hubby, "CSI NY might move to Friday night. Who would watch on Friday night?"
    His answer: "You would." :lol: So I guess I know what I'll be doing on Friday night since I conveniently am in the 18-49 bracket. ;)

3. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

The day or time doesn't matter to me because I record and then watch, but if it matters to enough other people, they might not watch it and then it might be cancelled. I sure hope not. Right now CSI: NY is my favorite show and I don't want to see it go away.:(

4. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I want to say I'd watch it no matter when, but in all honesty it's been ages since I had the chance to watch anything on Friday before 1am, so I might actually be one of those mostly watching online next year :( This move sounds like they're giving up on NY. Then again, a 9pm timeslot is still early enough without being too early, to make it seem like they expect it to pull in a fairly strong following. Does anyone know how much about TV viewership depends on the night, as opposed to how badly people want to see a show?

Because I`m really surprised about the Miami move, that sounds like a very risky one for a show still pulling in a strong target demo; but if they`re expecting loads of people to follow over from Monday, that might explain it.

5. JohnBK

JohnBK Victim

I don't like this idea! I mean 2 shows from Wednesday were canceled, couldn't they have added one of the newer shows on Friday?

6. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Friday night isn't the best day for launching new shows.That's why they picked a veteran show which has really struggled in the ratings this season(and especially in the recent weeks).:(

7. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I'll watch NY still, regardless. I usually DVR shows and start them an hour late to FF commercials anyway, so this will be no different. I don't think either of the CSI shows will crash and burn.. just because of the move. I do think that CBS is going to be disappointed when these new shows do horror to the 10PM time slots of Monday/Weds. The CSI franchise may have dropped some this season, but it isn't DEAD. It still wins the night, and key demos so.. I don't know what they are thinking. Kind of like moving Survivor after 10 years in the same time slot. If it were doing BAD, I could see it, but... ?

Point here is, some reviewers are saying the move to Friday's is a bad reflection on NY. I don't think so. They moved over half their shows, so it is NO reflection on this show. I know this season has been kind of off par to others, but Miami and Vegas both have had 'off par' seasons, and they picked right back up, so... I kind of want to keep hope alive. NY will do Friday's justice. After all, that is where the original started out. There hasn't ever been a show with it's popularity on that night, to stay, so we'll see.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

8. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

I like it :)
    9 instead of 10 :)

9. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I think CSI:NY will continue to get decent ratings on Friday. CSI did pretty well in it's first season on Friday, and I think that NY might get a lot of bored viewers to tune in.

10. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Sigh ... not looking forward to next season, I'm going to have to wait a day to watch NY on cbs.com since Supernatural comes on at the same time. Bummer ...

11. almost rosey

almost rosey Civilian

In my country, NY is on Fridays (Wednesdays on cable) and its ratings are really good, it almost always wins the night. Friday is when the most popular TV shows are on, and Sunday is where they're moved to before they get cancelled (that's why I'm more worried about Miami). I don't know if it means anything though, the American audience might be different.

12. pupbluejas

pupbluejas Civilian

i honestly think at 9pm on a friday night, won't get too many views. it sucks cause i want NY to keep doing well!

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

To be honest, after the finale I'm more convinced than ever that NY deserves the Friday night time slot. :shifty:

14. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Don't forget: Friday September 24 9:00 pm ET/PT - 7th season premiere
    rerun episodes on new night/time starts August 13 according to Futon Critic. At least CBS cares for the show to find new audience before fall! :lol:

Forget: the movie premieres! :lol: Just watch it on Saturday! :)

15. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

There is one main problem with this. It's on the same time as Bones, so I'll have to watch the Big Bang Theory online. :scream: