NCIS: Los Angeles

Discussion in 'NCIS & NCIS: LA' started by E/C Lover, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I'd say mother. I think it's something a mother would do over a father. How about Grandmother. Could the lady from the orphanage that G. visited be the related one?

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Does anyone remember exactly what the card said? I can't remember for sure. I'd need to see what was on the card again to see if it sounds something like a man or woman would say. I want to say the words "my sweet girl" were on there, and generally that's something a mother would say. A father would probably use the word "baby" or "baby girl" rather than "sweet girl". But the part where Hetty and Nate were talking made me think father. Maybe it's both? :lol:

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I'd go with the mother on that. :lol: A mother would be more likely to leave flowers on a child's grave. I am glad that Hetty found where she was buried and told him.

My only complaint - They didn't tell us what the G. stood for! :wtf:

GNRFan it said "To my sweet daughter. Always in my heart."

note

Susan

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Maybe the mother had to give the kids up to protect them from their father, or their father's dangerous business associates. I saw something like that on a movie or something one time.

5. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

When Nate said the book was in 'agent hand' I took that to assume that whoever wrote it (who I was guessing was Callen's mother or father -- my money is on father) was/is an agent too. Did anybody else think that?

Poor Callen though, I have to admit I did shed a tear during the 'sister' scenes.

I wish he'd found out his name though, even though it was cute when Fake!Sister (can't remember her name) said that Amy used to call him "baby brother" :(

Can Season Two please hurry up now? We need to know more!

6. Anna P

Anna P Witness

"Agent" :confused:? I thought he said "aging"!

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

You are correct Anna, Nate did say "it's in aging hand", Then proceeded to explained that different pen/pencils were used but basically that the same person kept the record on Callen, and kept an eye on him all those years. For all we know it could be the mother, father, grand parent, or even someone that helped the parent give the children up, courious to know if they kept one on Amy as well.

I found it odd when Hannah was asked by Callen what Amy called him, her response was "baby brother" and he said no my first name and she said all she ever said was "My baby brother" (not a direct quote) she acted a bit surprised by the question and yet concerned. Now Amy and Hannah were suppost to be close, you mean to tell me that never once while talking about her brother did she reveal his name?

What about Hannah? Could she have been telling the truth in the beginning that she really is Amy his sister? or did Amy in fact really die? I would say if she were like Callen in someways sort of always on guard and moving around that she would be cautious, even to the point of still protecting him.
    We don't know what Amy knew, apparently when Callen was given up he was what five? she looked at least two to three years older then him, making it so if given up at five (G) then she would have been maybe seven or eight. Lets face it she could have known alot more. So then that begs did Amy really die? Know the reasons they were given up? or is she still alive and still protecting him.

It wouldn't be odd, first she (Amy) says she is his sister, he says he doesn't have one, then she tells him a story about being in the same orphanage with Amy and seeing her die (by now she is Hannah), so to protect herself she called herself Amy and that officially Hannah died, but did she ever officially change her name? Couldn't have right, cause proof would have been required. So when she signed that paper for Trent she signed it "Amy Taylor", Not Amy Callen or Hannah why didn't anyone ever correct all that? Maybe to keep on protecting her as Hannah from what she was running from, or incase she was Amy and whoever doesn't want G to really know what is going on, or to continue to toy with him, and she would be bait.

So many Twists and turns.

8. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

You're right, he did say 'ageing' hand instead of 'agent'! I was watching online so sound quality wasn't tip-top. I was probably also hoping for some James Bond-esque twist, or even Daniel Craig...

I thought the whole Amy/Hannah thing was weird too. Nothing about it made much sense. I'm guessing it wasn't the last we'll see of her.

9. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

She would have had all of Amy's 'proof'. Presumably when Amy was put in foster care there'd have been records like a birth cert. My guess is that when Hannah/Amy left foster care at the age of 18, all of Amy's paperwork would have been turned over to her so she'd have just used Amy's birth cert and other documentation to apply for say a drivers license or a passport, and once she had that she'd officially be Amy Callen.

Technically I think, while you can file legal documents to change your name, AFAIK, all you *really* need to do is start using your 'new' name. So to all intents and purposes, Hannah's 'real' name now *is* Amy Callen because she's being using it for so long.

10. Destiny

Not sure about LA but I know here in Ohio you need like what seem to be ten thousand things of documents to prove who you are, and then fill out another ten thousand forms to get to who you want to be, and then way what seems like many years for them to say either Yes, no or oops we lost the paper work. :lol: My cousin wanted to have his first name changed (basically switching his middle and first name around) and I swear by the time they got done explaining what he had to go through, he wasn't sure if it would be worth it. The problem for him is there was another guy with his same full name running around and they were constantly in trouble with the law, so my cousin would get stopped and then the cops are like your not that him, he is like no.

So I know in Ohio and again not sure about CA if you have to go through similar processing. Even going based on the law here, just because they turned her (amy's) paper work over to Hannah that doesn't make her Amy, actually in someways that could be a crime, she KNEW they (the orphanage) were not in the right and didn't correct it, by law I am not sure but I believe its a crime to assume another persons identity, especially to switch identities with a dead person. It is again in Ohio, thinking CA has similar laws.

Also she could file to have her name changed, she got married remember, so she could file to have her maiden name back, BUT she could change it to say "Hannah" and no one be the wiser. But again, was her marriage even vaild to begin with because she was using id she knew was false. When a person (thinking Ohio law) grows up with paper work given to them and they know it is the wrong paper work that doesn't excuse them from anything, regardless of age then or now, if you at any point knowingly provide false ID (and she did that) then she could be arrested. No different the someone using false ID to get into a bank account, or whatever and do something illegal. She may not have done anything illegal persae (other then knowingly using false ID) and she could claim a clerks error, but that would only go so far because when she was older and getting married didn't she spot and correct it then. To get married you have to show your Birth certificate, drivers license, etc.

Thing is neither of us are right or wrong, the problem is that many states have different laws on the books regarding ID fraud, and when it would need to be investigated. Who would be worth it to go after, and in this case she has Callen and the NCIS super tech Eric to help her out. Or maybe someone in authority already helped her out. Again the twists and turns.

11. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

Yep there are so many possible twists and stories I'm just too tired to get into that ;)

But if her story is true that she really was once Hanna ... then I can understand that she just took over Amy's role.

As an eleven year old scared girl she just wanted to be somebody else 'cause she still was afraid to be found. I don't think at this moment she knew all the consequences, she just had another name now.

Getting all the documents turning 18 she simply got a new life handed over with all the papers she needed . And maybe the fear to get found never left her (the way she described her father showing her a hiding place, and the prof. hit, I think she now really got that it wasn't just a break in gone wrong...), so why leave a papertrail behind.
    The way she reacted in this episode she seemed nearly a bit paranoid,so maybe some other things have happend or she just never left the trauma behind ...didn't feel like she just would officially change her name so she could have a new happy life ....

(and I use "just" way too much but whatever :p )

12. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

We had 'Found' last night. It was SO sad. Poor Dom :( I hate the fact they gave us the false hope at the end that he would live. That was cruel.

I really enjoyed the episode though. It was good to see them driven as much by their emotion as anything else for once.

13. Destiny

TvGuide Online Mega Buzz (Not really a spoiler)

What have you heard about next season of NCIS: Los Angeles?

ADAM: The team is getting some extra help: Look for them to sign on a tomboy-ish intelligence analyst who often speaks before she thinks. But she's also unflappable in a crisis.

14. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

Ooh, interesting!

The season finale aired here last week. Chris O'Donnell was brilliant! He takes a fantastic part as Callen.

15. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

^^ I agree! Callen quickly became one of my favorite characters on TV. Chris O'Donnell does an amazing job. I am looking forward to next season. I can't believe I enjoyed it as much as I did. First time I watched, it was with a closed mind-- but half way through the episode, I was hooked! I thought NCIS was one of those shows that couldn't run with a 'spin-off'... but I was wrong! I actually came to like it more than the original!!!!

Thanks for sharing that, Destiny! :D