CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

The way they're hyping this the only way it'll pay off they way they say is if something happens to the baby. Although I fear the person who dies will be Shane Casey and it'll just be another lame ass cliffhanger with a lame ass payoff like the last two NY "cliffhangers" have been.

2. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I don't think we've seen this one yet?

I wish they'd spread this stuff out over the past few weeks instead of cramming it all into the last few days. :shifty:

ETA: BTW, does anybody else think that 'sneak peek' scene is going to be a Very Relevant Scene? The fact that they're devoting about a minute to Lindsay talking about how she'd convince the cops that she acted in self-defense makes me wonder if they're setting it up so that she'll have to pretend to ~connect~ with Shane later and try to convince him that she totally ~understands~ him - just to get the jump on him or something. (Otherwise, why waste a precious minute of the 42-minute finale on that? It's like when CSI had Greg or Riley call the other by their own name to ~communicate~ during a tense situation - and that ended up being Very Relevant later on. This is just my opinion, of course, but I wouldn't put it past the show to telegraph something like that so obviously from the start.)

Considering my opinion of Anna's acting ability, that doesn't fill me with confidence. Thoughts?

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  4. PerfectAnomaly

So they do go on vacation AFTER Shane Casey escapes. Dumbasses. :rolleyes:

I think if Lindsay is the Big Damn Hero of the episode it might be good for the character, but watching Anna Belknap attempt to "connect" with anyone would be brutal. Although if she can connect with anyone it will probably be a cold, heartless, psychopath. ;)

And Lucy playing a big part in the finale says to me they may go to a very dark place with the finale. If they do I say "kudos" to them.

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

That scene was just sort of ... HMMM. And is Lindsay really going to connect with Shane? Is she going to be the one to talk him down? Or whatever? I'm hoping they don't go to the extremes of killing the baby, to me that would be so ... diabolical. But then again??? Perhaps it's Lindsay that gets killed.

Also, if some CSI Vegas fans also watch this show, remember last week how the talk was all hyped up about something happening to someone? Perhaps Pam V. is taking lessons from Carol M. over at CSI Vegas about giving away lots of info to keep fans guessing. :shifty: Just a though. ;)

6. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I really can't see them killing Lucy. But, as other's have said, I wonder if Shane Casey takes her and that's how it ends. That would be pretty diabolical and would leave both Danny and Lindsay in huge turmoil. If that is the route they decide to take I think it could be interesting if they don't find her straight away.

I can see them painting a scenario where she's missing for an extended period of time and next season plays out showing the impact her disappearance has on Danny, Lindsay and the rest of the team. For those who have been asking for a return of darker Danny then surely that would do it.

7. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I'm looking forward to this... But I honestly don't think anyone is going anywhere. Just like last year.. we were so worried(WELL... I was!), and... NOTHING. Well, nothing is good when we don't want to lose any of the main cast, but what's up with all the cliffhangers?! WHY hype it up... to nothing? (I also could be missing something here, as I haven't kept up with NY spoilers as much, so SORRY if I'm off.)

Like Miami. "We don't know who may, or may not, get up." It's like... obvious. I think we would have heard if someone were leaving, especially them being as major as Danny/Lindsay. Also, if you notice, just about everyone who has left a CSI show, it has been by their own choice. I think Anna and Carmine seem pretty content. JMO.

I just wish for once, we could have a finale that left us feeling nice and peaceful during the summer, but that probably isn't to good for ratings. I would still watch next season... though. Either way. ;)

Ah... I'm anxious for tonight!!! I think Lucy missing would be the most interesting, if they follow through and let it last for at least half the season.. rather than be resolved the first five minutes of the premiere!

8. PerfectAnomaly

I don't necessarily want a "darker" Danny. I want the Danny from earlier seasons back and I wouldn't really categorize him as "dark."

I can't see them killing Lucy either, but I can't see Danny and Lindsay letting him take Lucy without killing them first. No parent would let a psychopathic serial killer kidnap their kid without a fight to the death. If Lindsay can't be killed I'd love to see them kill Lucy. It would be an interesting story line to see the impact on both Danny and Lindsay and the impact on their marriage.

9. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I hate to say that I disagree with this but I do. The reason I don't really want to say it is that I'd like to feel the same way, as it's a way for tptb to take a risk and stop playing it safe. But, in all honesty I'm not sure if I'd be able to take them killing Lucy.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'd hate for them to kill off any of them, but if they killed Danny or Lindsay, I'd probably still watch the show. However, if they kill off that baby, I'm done and this show will be dead to me. To be honest, I've been somewhat bored with this season anyway (watching still mostly out of loyalty and for the rare, but oh so cute/funny Adam moments lol), some eps were decent, but for me they were few and far between. Killing Lucy would be the final straw for me. I see enough on the news about people killing little kids. Don't want to see it here. Even if it was the child of a pairing that I didn't like rather than was just indifferent to, I wouldn't want to see the child killed off.

11. PerfectAnomaly

I don't want Lucy killed off because I don't like Danny and Lindsay. I don't even really want Lucy killed at all, but if they're gonna kill someone why not have it be Lucy? I think it would be an interesting story line for Danny, Lindsay and DL as a couple.

12. DetHiggins

DetHiggins Police Officer

Well, they'd probably just get over it in about an episode tbh. I don't want to see Lucy killed because that's crossing a line. It's enough that it happens in real life. But for the station to be okay with it and even higher up, for Bruckheimer to be okay with it, that would be a stretch (we're talking about the man who produced G-Force). It would be asking for a drop in ratings. Not to mention, I don't know why they would want to make killing a child the season finale and have all that hype for something as disastrous as that. But those are just my thoughts.

13. *Stardust*

*Stardust* Prime Suspect

I think the thought alone of having this baby killed, is awful. I'm shocked that someone would even think about such a thing, no matter if you don't like Danny or/and Lindsay. Why would anyone want to have a baby killed?!? I can't imagine them ever doing that and if they'd do it, it'd certainly make the ratings drop drastically. Like DetHiggins said, it would be crossing a line and I could never imagine Bruckheimer crossing that kind of line. It's terrible enough and kind of almost unbelievble that Casey survived falling off that lighthouse... but I guess they couldn't just end it with him being dead and Danny getting away that easily. They had to drop another bomb in the end and I suppose that's a good idea to keep people guessing. Yet, I really want to scream because it's such a long time until December and I want to know what's happening right now!! I'm not really much of a D/L fan but they don't bother me and I'd hate to see either Danny or Lindsay killed (I won't mention Lucy because that shouldn't even be an option imo). But to be honest, I don't think anyone will have to die. As some of you guys said, we haven't heard any rumours of anyone leaving so far and they mostly just hype up the cliffhangers to make the fans go crazy - and it seems to work.

14. Lou-lou222

Lou-lou222 Civilian

Hi, im kinda new to this all ... but i have just finished watching the episode and first thoughts the ending is a dream, and not true might be wrong but just doesnt seem realistic that he would actually come back. Mind you everything else on the programme seems unrealistic so i might be wrong .... but i did think dream when danny woke up.

15. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

On possible TV baby-deaths: It`s not really as out there as some are making it out to be, and Bruckheimer has approved decisions like that on these shows. There`s been at least a couple of baby-deaths on the main CSI, one in particular I just watched a few days ago: CSI`s "Feeling the Heat" from S4. It`s a dark place to go to, sure, but I`ve gotta wonder why the original CSI is the only one in the franchise to have gone there (CSI, which is also the only one in the franchise that seems to still be on their best game, so all that darkness can`t be all that much of a ratings-drop), if the entire franchise prides itself on the darker, gritty nature of their shows. I can see it being different if the baby is a secondary/tertiary, recurring character like Lucy, though, that might be a little harder to allow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.