Episode 8x24 - "All Fall Down" **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, May 22, 2010.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree she was annoying. I wanted to smack her. :lol:

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

She isn't the only popular character; & if it happened to have been a different character shown at the end then I'm quite sure everyone would still be talking about it.

:rolleyes:

3. electra

electra Pathologist

Hey!! I am not even remotely suggesting that Calleigh is the only popular character.Just that she is one and the writers decided to go with her.

4. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

True, the writers definately gave the viewers something to talk about and left many to speculate if someone is leaving the show.

LOL about Melissa!! :lol:

5. electra

electra Pathologist

I do not even like much that Calleigh again is in danger but I sort of understand why the writers made a point telling us taht she may not be breathing.

And I want Melissa back,She is the kind of character that I want to enter the TV screen to hit her.Just kidding.Maybe they can have her and Ron Saris back.

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  6. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

But it is not only Calleigh that is in danger here, the entire team is out cold. This isn't only about one character, this is the team at a whole whose in danger and speculation that one will not return next season.

7. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

I'll join in the smack fest. lol. Maybe Nat or Cal will do it. lol

8. kljmiami

kljmiami Dead on Arrival

I agree, characters that you love to hate are always the most fun!!

9. kljmiami

kljmiami Dead on Arrival

I am really hoping that season 9 opens with an explanation of this episode's serial killer; I mean the idea that a professor denied tenure would snap to the point that he plots to take down an entire building full of cops is just too insane, even for this show:rolleyes:, there has got to be more to it.

10. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

Ok, so apparently I didn't make any comments of my opinion of the show yet.

I personally loved this episode. The ending, yes, felt repetitious of some cliffhangers, but I felt like the style they took (editing wise) was very nice. The cutting back and forth between H and the lab added for more suspense. Ryan's reaction to the girl in green falling down (who I think is the one who's going to die, IMO, lol) was a great. I ended up screaming at the tv for the scene to cut back.

Oh, and the Dade U pool scene didn't hurt, lol.

I also felt they brought the story around in a great way. During the pool scene you see/hear Ryan screaming for the instructor to breathe. Then at the end, Eric is having to say the same thing to Calleigh. Heart-wrenching IMO. It's one thing saying to a private citizen, but having to say the same thing to someone you love changes the whole aspect. (If someone said this already, sorry. Too lazy to read thru the comments, lol).

11. JLo10131121

JLo10131121 Witness

A little bit of trivia not many know about that little rhyme the child was singing.

Ring around the rosy
    A pocket full of poseys
    Ashes, ashes,
    We all fall
    Down!

The song dates back to the middle ages, the Great Plague in the 17th century, maybe even before in the 1300s at the first stirrings of plague.

The 'ring around the rosy' refers to the bright red rosy ring produced on the skin by the rash that broke out when a person contracted the Plague.

Pocket full of posies references the fact that during those times, a pocket full of posies or sweet smelling herbs were kept as it was believed the plague was passed on by bad smells.

Ashes, ashes refers to the fact that the bodies that perished because of the plague were cremated and it was only after the Great Fire of London in 1666 that killed the rats that transmitted the disease that the plague finally (pardon the pun) died off. And of course we all fall down references the fact that virtually more than half of Europe died from the plague.

12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ In the UK, well my region at least, we dont say ashes in the rhyme- we say Atischoo, atischoo (as in the sneezing noise) we all fall down. i always find it strange when 'ashes' is put in there, but thanks for explaining it. Atischoo makes more sense to me, but I suppose you stick with what you learn as a child!
    That singing was creepy.
    I enjoyed the episode. Overhyped as usual, but still good. A little too much Delko for my tastes but I did love his scene with Ryan at the pool. So hot jumping that fence!
    The clues were all interesting and the story was done well.
    The ending, with them all falling was very effective. Ryan's fall was the best, the eyes rolling back were freaky! I agree with some posters on here that they should not have ended on Cal and Eric. For me it took away from the scene, but to each his own.

13. srqmiamifan

srqmiamifan Victim

Someone mentioned how they think they will just kill off someone like Valera... I've been wondering all season, where has she been? I think she appeared once this entire season...? Anyone have any scoop??

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

She did only appear in one ep this season. The actress has been or was appearing on Y&R, so that may be the reason.

15. buhler013

buhler013 Civilian

This may ramble but...here goes.

All three shows have had members of their original cast killed off. Of those -- Speedle, Aiden Burn and Warrick Brown -- only Warrick's death really resonated. Speed died in the middle of the season premiere, was buried at the end and most of the fallout after that episode was pretty nuanced. Aiden had already been fired and it didn't really hit hard -- in fact, I think Angell's death hit harder than Aiden's. However, Warrick's death was done "right" -- the characters reacted too it appropriately hard, he wasn't forgotten by the next episode and I think it made the audience feel it. IF CSI: Miami kills off one of its leads, I hope they learn from experience.