Horatio and Stetler - past, present, future

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by arcadian7, Nov 6, 2008.

1. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Horatio got him in a later episode for murder so I doubt he'll be back this late

2. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

I forgot about that, thanks.

3. CSIMiamiLover88

CSIMiamiLover88 Hit and Run

so glad to see the back of stetler....he rattled me lol.

4. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I wouldn't tempt Karma by posting *that*. What if one of your faves goes bye bye CSIMiamiLover? Want me to come into his/her thread and do a big "lol" then? My guess is probably not.

5. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Exactly! Both Stetler and his fans got screwed. He deserved a whole lot better than that piece of crap send off.

No one would want to see their favorite go that way. And they certainly wouldn't want to hear people gloat and be happy about it! :scream:

6. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

That just means David Lee Smith did his job well.

7. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Oh ....I had forgotten that part. I too disliked the character for that. But the whole point of character was as written by TPTB to be the bad guy and I wonder if they planned to get rid off the character back then. Because he was sooo bad and Horatio would be "forced" to a show - down for Yelinas sake. But TPTB decided to keep the character and the "abusing" went "puff" as so many other storylines before that.
    Then they tried to nuance(?) the character as you say. And they appeartly couldn´t make that work either. Why else cut this character with this pontiale.:wtf::wtf:
    IMO: there is only one way to point the finger - TPTB. Which is starting to worry me: the fact that the character originally could have been the first villian(?) show - down for Horatio. (Then that was drop) - fine by me. Then they try to make character ambigious(?). That worked for me too. But then they drop the character and thereby Horatio and NY (dropped), any teammembertrouble(dropped) and the list could go on for storylines dropped because they appeartly didn´t know where they were going with storylines or character. I am still convinced that they will try and add a female in some shape or form. And a new IAB could be a start.
    BUT :evil: IMO

The original formular was: Megan, Call, Alex and Yelina
    Evil do - ers: Changing and then Stetler. Who had the "key" to Horatios NY storyline.
    Horatios loveline: Yelina
    Basic show-down: Horatio - Stetler for Yelina and/or NY storyline.

Present forumlar: Call and Nat - and all them guys:).
    Evil do - ers: Saris...where -ever he is:rolleyes:. And perhaps something from NY:confused: or is that storyline just part of my imagiation?
    Horatios loveline:any future female addition:confused:. Which could be IAB
    Basic show- down: Horatio and Saris if the actor isn´t busy:guffaw:

But with out the proper build- up and correct handling of storylines I am not conviced that this will work out for them. And I still feel Stetler had so much more potiental then any new IAB. Even if she is a she with a love- potentiale for Horatio

I am sorry for the ranting -but this Stetler-thing really annoy me,

8. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

You're not the only one, Ajbuckley. Maybe it's because I've been too up close and personal with the field, I don't like the idea of Horatio becoming involved with a female IAB. All he has to do is cross the line--again--and talk about conflict of interest!

I believe NY was going to run with this storyline with Mac and that female IAB, but for whatever reason they abandoned it.

That's why I called the Horatio/Yelina/Stetler triangle my "guilty pleasure". All Yelina had to do as a cop was be involved in an incident. If Rick was the one doing the investigating, it would have to be reported that he and Yelina were involved, and there would be a huge credibility problem, and we all know the lengths Horatio would go to "protect" Yelina.

But then again, this is Hollywood. They're great at telling stories, not so great at telling the truth.

9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I hear you and agree of course....but are Dan Cooper and Stetler not proof of Miami writers NOT (anymore or ever) being able to think ahead?

Alexx(Khandi) was leaving and they gave her a great exit and nice option for guest appr. but how well prepare were they for her replacement????:scream::scream::scream:

And as we both agree in this case they are "axing" a good character which they "gave" the "key" to Horatios NY storyline....
    Even if they hadn´t hinted at him abusing Yelina...we/they still had the makings of a great show-down as you wrote....

I wonder why people with some much experience and education don´t handle storyline or characters better.

10. bgnogan

bgnogan Hit and Run

Yeah I was really interested in Horatio's NY storyline and they just dropped it! Then this mess with Stetler which is a slap to the fans' faces. The people in charge of CSI: Miami are almost completely out of tune with what the fans want!:scream:

Yet we still watch time and time again hoping for improvements! lol

11. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

If memory serves, Brendan Fehr (Dan Cooper) left pretty quickly when his wife had a baby, and I think he had more steady work in Bones, so--get this--the writers had to figure out a way to write him out WITH A WAY THAT HE MIGHT BE ABLE TO RETURN!! (Yeah, after he committed several crimes and then libeled Calleigh. I'm sure they'll welcome him with open arms)

Several times they tried to just let Rick Stetler fade away, which I think is what they seem to be doing to Maxine Valera. But Rick and Horatio's interactions were just too good, and a lot of fans clamored to get him back. I guess they had to come up with a way to write him out once and for all.

Attention all fanfic readers! The writers couldn't be bothered to give Rick Stetler the sendoff he deserved, so I did it for them.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4112443/32/Computer_Calls

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  12. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

That was a well done send-off for our guy, Jaglady. :thumbsup::lol: Too bad TPTB couldn't have done something like that.

13. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Just watched the re-run of LV with actor as a art - professor supected of being a serial killer....

The actor did a good job in that role too. (Almost didn´t recognize the Stelter in him). But the re-run refuled my frustration as per. storyline development in th CSI franchise....I blame the ever - changing writers and their unexperience with characters. I can not for the life of me understand how educated and professional writers can make such mistakes.

Next season they better be prepare for new supervillian and new archenemy(?).

14. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

If they bring Saris back next season, it would be especially sad, because Rick should've been able to be in that storyline. I really thought at one point that they were going to have Rick and H go after Saris, and that Rick would shoot Saris. I think there was even a spoiler/rumor about this last season, but then it never happened.

I saw DLS in the LV episode, too. He did a great job!

15. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Oh ...or have Horatio shoot at Saris and have something doubtfull about the whole thing ....oh ...related that storyline to New York ...Then we could have an Horatio in trouble and a Stetler doing his job + have shed light on the NY storyline....;).

You know especially after the LV episode it is sad that an actor with such potential didn´t get a storyline and a farvel to match. Even more scary considering the casting trouble Miami sometimes find themself in....(Tara for one)