Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

My first hiphugger moment was in season's two Invasion. I should add that I did not watch Miami since the beginning. I watched in A&E and just caught random reruns. Then I went back and started watching DVD's until I got caught up and started on season five because I wanted to see if Eric and Calleigh were ever going to get together.

So, like I was saying, one day I was watching my reruns and saw this scene in Invasion and was forever trapped in hiphugger land:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Smiles :adore:

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

So while that finale imo was a little lack luster that ending was pretty intense. Eric went to Walter and tapped him on the face and then went in search of Calleigh....except when he got to her he began begging her to breathe??? Was Walter breathing? Eric tapped his face like you would tap somone who is simply unconscious.

Then I think that he may have just been saying that b/c he wanted her to take deep breathes in order to help her regain consciousness and get fresh air.

As for when they all started dropping...part of me thought it was b/c Ryan put that chemical on the stamps but they were all together in that room and they weren't the first to start coughing and passing out....my cousin thinks the guy put something in the air filter....whatever it was though had to dissapate fast enough that Eric when he got off the elevator didn't succumb to it as well.

It was definately an interesing finale ;)

3. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

I said awww out loud when Eric kind of paused and then said "Calleigh..." The final scene, with her in his arms and him begging her to breathe...that was just heartbreaking. I swear I will bawl my eyes out if it turns out that she dies in his arms. :( Part of me is now thinking that was sort of a red herring, though, to end it like that. Who knows, though.

Basically, loved Eric's concern. It's obvious how much she means to him, and, having nearly lost her so many times already, I think it would kill him to really lose her now. Just when they're finally connecting, to borrow Emily's words.

Really wish he and Cal would've stayed in bed and taken a "personal day" today though, lol!

LOL it's been so long since I've posted in here that I forgot how to type the spoiler code.

4. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

No E/C moments up until the very end..and Calleigh was unconscious anyway. Eric's concern was very sweet.

I thought it was a good finale, the fact that it was a cliffhanger hasn't really hit me yet, though. I'm just not hugely anticpating who might or might not be alive.

I'm a little nervous about Calleigh. I just remember at one point there being talks about Emily Procter wanting to leave the show and I don't know if that was ever adressed again with her saying she will be staying or not. I honestly watch the show for Calleigh.

With Adam Rodriguez being back full time, though, next season.. that helps a little bit. I'd hope they would both stay on the show. One being there without the other just does not seem right. With their characters being 2 of the only 3 original characters left. And of course, their characters are romantically involved, Eric without Calleigh and vice versa isn't right.

They've been through enough anyway. So on that front, I'm hopeful about the writers not killing Calleigh off. It'd be nice if next season was completely Eric/Calleigh drama free. They need some happiness.

5. CSIMiamiLover88

CSIMiamiLover88 Hit and Run

That would be great thanks. :)

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I actually liked the finale. It kept me interested and I thought Eric was great in all his scenes. I especially liked when he was running with Ryan and then jumped into the pool ;).

As for EC... I kept wondering how he would react once he realized Calleigh might have fallen also and I was not dissapointed. The way he said Calleigh and just ran off was great. Anyone with a significant other in that situation would of course like to know right away if they are all right. As for Calleigh dying, IDK. I think it was so hyped that a character would be killed off that for me if it's Calleigh it's just waaayyy too obvious. Miami isn't really that original but this is just too "duh" even for them. The only thing that would make sense is if Emily has decided not to come back. Otherwise I really don't see them killing Calleigh off...and even then. With Miami moving to Sundays I think it would be pretty unwise to piss off a huge part of the fan base by killing a very much loved character. Anyway, Eric's reaction was really sweet and showed how much he cares for her so I'm happy about that :).

7. CSIMiamiLover88

I will be gutted if Calleigh is the one to be killed off, however I really cant see it happening....CSI Miami in my opinion IS H, Call & Eric... without them I'm pretty sure I'd lose interest in the show, as I did when Eric was missing at the beginning of the season. If it was Emilys choice to leave then fair dos, but i dont think she will be killed off, I always imagaine her character to be one who would just leave, and always possibly come back??
    I will cry my little heart out if theres no more hiphugger action! Plus, Eric is gonna be back full time, they cant take his lover away from him??
    Havnt seen the finale yet as in the UK, but you can all guess what I'll be watching online tonight :)

8. electra

electra Pathologist

Eric was so sweet being concerned about Calleigh.We do not need words:they are clearly in love:).I liked this finale way better then the previous one.We are now sure they are an item and how strong their relationship is.Calleigh will be fine IMO but the writers probably wanted to create anticipation for the premiere and that is why she was chosen to end the episode.She is a popular character and lot of fans would care.Just imagine putting Jesse and you will get the difference.:lol:

9. CSIMiamiLover88

Just watched the finale...OMG totally awesome eppy. loved it!

Erics concern for calleigh at the end. Would have like a couple more e/c scenes but never mind - hopefully plenty to come in season 9 :)
    The ryan and walter banter.
    Natalia and the professor - i really hope we see more of her next season, it would be nice to see her character really come out of her shell.
    H and Delko "us" BRILLIANT!!

Great episode!!!

I am pretty confident Calleigh will wake up...SHE HAS TOO! I love how in love this pair are. I cant wait for the season 9 premiere now, hope we get some spoilers soon lol.

Roll on september!!

10. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I completely agree! In order to build up anticipation for next season, TPTB had to end the Season 8 finale with a popular character. And Calleigh is definitely one of CSIM's most beloved cast-members. Not to mention us Hiphugger fans who also love her pairing with Eric. While Jesse and Walter may certainly have their supporters, they haven't been on the show long enough to have built up a fan base comparable to Calleigh's, or those of the other original characters, like Horatio or Eric. I still don't care about Jesse one way or the other, but it's obvious to me if you're looking for mass appeal (and TV studios always are), then Jesse would not be your guy!:lol:

Otherwise, "All Fall Down" was sort of anti-climactic for me. I loved the scenes where Horatio welcomed Eric back to CSI, Ryan and Eric were racing to the Dade University faculty pool (awesomeness!):drool:, and Calleigh was back in the ballistics lab. :thumbsup: And, of course, that final scene where it hit Eric that Calleigh could be in danger and he raced to find her ... just tugged at my heartstrings. :luvlove: I'm sure that Emily/Calleigh will be back for Season 9. The show will be taking a big enough risk by moving to Sunday nights next season; I can't see TPTB wanting to risk alienating Calleigh and E/C's huge fan base by killing off Calleigh.

11. CSIMiamiLover88

To sum it up, basically, CBS would be total Numpties to kill off the (probably) most loved character on CSIM. I heart Calleigh (and Eric) of course. :) I agree with alot of others about Jesse, I dont dislike him but it wouldnt bother me in the slightest if he wasnt back for season 9.

12. Divot

Divot Victim

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Question all to all you fanatical Eric and Calleigh fans [I'm loving their chemistry] are the real life people Alex and Emily married? cause' they sure do heat up the screen, thank's:thumbsup:

14. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

I think you ment Alex - Adam?? Anyway, I don't think either of the two are married. I do agree that the chemistry is off the charts. I guess that's what happens when you work with someone for some many years. Emily has said that she missed working with Adam and she was very happy with his return to miami.

Is it next season yet??? lol. I can't wait to see what happens. Hopefully everything will work out with the pair. (cross my fingers)

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's vsuga OOPS on the wrong name I did mean Adam Rodriguez right? how old are they both? I was blown away everytime I saw them and am now tuning in every Monday:thumbsup:BTW the beginning 'WHO" song is the best of all 3, just a tid-bit. I think their so perfect with each other, so in tune and bonded :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.