"MEAT JEKYLL" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, May 15, 2010.

1. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

The shot officer was Officer Clark :)

And after watching the shooting scene and the scene at the hospital again, I would say that Ray was wearing the same clothes in both scenes :)

Hope that helps ;)

I really liked this episode... it had everything a season finale needs. It was a teamwork episode and had a great ammount of suspense.

I really hope season 11 starts this great too :)

2. kittydu

kittydu Hit and Run

Do you guys think that they are gonna continue with the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde story on the next season, but now trying to find out if there is a Mr. Hyde ?

3. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

In the original story by Robert Louis Stevenson, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde were the same person. The two contrasting personalities of a single man, a pre-Freudian example of the ego and the id. The change from Jekyll to Hyde was caused by a potion the doctor cooked up.
    LaSquisita

4. byline

byline CSI Level One

There's another "CSI" forum that I used to read and post to, and back then I quite enjoyed the company there. But at a certain point, the vast majority there became quite bitter over how the series developed and ramped up the intensity of their attacks on a particular character (as well as the actor playing that character) to an extremely unpleasant -- even personal -- level. Initially I defended this character/actor while always trying to be respectful of others' opinions, only to find myself attacked. I can't tell you how many times my posts were met with the ol' passive-aggressive "How could you, a supposedly intelligent poster, think (fill in the blank)?" Well, because that's my opinion, and we all have 'em. It was amazing how these posters insisted on making it personal, even though I made a point of not making it personal with them, just sticking with my thoughts on the character and/or episode.

It finally reached a point where I stopped posting or even visiting the forum, because it was clear that only one point of view was accepted there, and no amount of trying to balance the scales was welcome. Occasionally I stop by to see if things have changed; they haven't. These folks who apparently hate the show still gather there to talk about how much they hate the show. That kind of negativity and vitriole ain't my cuppa tea . . . but it must fill some need for them.

For me, this forum is a breath of fresh air because differing viewpoints are welcome, and posters are not allowed to attack others for having different opinions. So thanks to the moderators and posters here for making that possible!

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  5. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

I have just re-watched the 2 final episodes. You know what struck me? What is lacking in most of the season is depth of plot of the mystery to be solved. It's a bit weird without being entirely plausible. So the audience and the fans here fall back on discussing the characters too much. I know without any character development it would be like watching robots doing detective work. But there are 2 affairs going on (Cath/Vat & Hodges/Wendy), pride and conflict (ray, cath and Brass), daddy complexes galore (Ray's and not just Dr J's)..... to me there was no "oh I did not expect that" or "aha how clever" in it at all. Oh so Dr Jekyll was a kitchen-boy-surgeon-wannabee. Oh. Hannibal Lector he ain't. Some crazy top surgeon with a mad plan. Eating babies for Christmas kinda looney.

I think this is what is causing the discontent. Certainly not any of the actors. They do not have any B-lists actors that I can see even as minor guest parts! I have at times been amazed at how good the casting is. Where are all these guys hiding the rest of the time?!

The best thing for me was the scenes with Haskell - he's brilliantly played and so creepy (wonderful voice too).

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

One thing I agree with byline is why fans seem to post negative comments, I don't get either, I watch this show to find the positive part of it, not to put the stories TPTB or characters down. Difference of opinions is one thing, but finding constant complaints is another. I'm happy with CSI, or I wouldn't watch it. There are lots of other shows to watch if that were the case. I'm thrilled that it's going into the 11th season.. rock on CSI:bolian:

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Welll...maybe more. ;) Bits and pieces. And of course, while capping. ;)

As others have said, it was Officer Clark. I don't think we've seen him before, have we? I wonder how Nick will feel since he asked him to go back and check on the guy in the first place? Of course, as someone at work pointed out today, if Nick had gone himself then HE'D be dead.

Ray's clothes....Ray's clothes...let's see...

At the restaurant.

At the hospital.

I believe they're the same. :) Nick's, on the other hand.... :lol:

8. byline

byline CSI Level One

I understand complaints. That's part of loving something, is that if there's some aspect of someone or something we love that's not sitting right with us, then of course we're going to complain. But when it reaches the point of bitterness and really venomous comments directed at a character or actor, then I admit that I'm completely dumbfounded by that. This is a fictional TV show, populated by characters played by actors who are doing their best with what they are given. I have no problem with deconstructing that which we don't like, and trying to figure out why, but personal attacks take that too far, IMO.

9. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

well said... could add many words to explain why.. but that would be repeating above and other comments in this thread...:)

10. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

The jacket looked more brown at the restaurant and more blue at the hospital...I would assume that the good doctor got some blood on him if attempted to assist our fallen Hero but he did run when Nick started shooting, he may not have stopped all the way to the parking lot.:lol:

And I assumed with all the lovely Nick pics posted that you have averaged 10x's more than what I have but when writing a fic I do go back over and over certain parts to make sure I get the words correct and the details. It has been hard on me...especially the hospital leg scene.:drool::drool::drool:...but I will manage.:hugegrin:

Waiting for that post ep from you too....Can't wait!:)

11. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

i know i'm several days late (my internet was out on thursday :() but i still like adding my thoughts :)

i give it a 8 out of 10, nick is gonna be okay, thank goodness :):):)

ray getting stabbed at the end, i did NOT expect since fish has a contract for s11, i'd think cbs wouldn't do anything to him since we know he has the contract while everyone else doesn't

and if he has a contract then he'll make it, but is it just me or at the end is there a large pool blood on his left side?? or is that a shadow? i'm not sure how he could survive if that is blood but it's tv i guess

i don't know dr jekyll just doesn't feel over for me, like haskell said jekyll was the good guy and hyde was the real baddie, if there is a hyde also (jykyll's partner perhaps?) i wonder what he's capable of :eek:

when charlie came in the room, i figured he was jekyll, i found it a little disappointing :( but when nick got shot i was at the edge of my seat, it was a looong commercial break, the blood from the other officier scared at first :eek::eek:

i like haskell even if he is a little creepy, i think i like him better than the mini killer or maybe it's cause we haven't seen her lately, here's hoping for next season his complaining comments at the beginning :lol: and him and brass not getting along, "there's a fly in the room" :lol:

i looooove greggo's hair :drool::drool:, wish we could have seen a little more of him

vartllows is official :):) nick saying he's always the last to know :lol: made me think of him and greg talking about gsr in a la cart

haskell talking about grissom(griswald) always good to see him mentioned

catherine's big girl comment and "i'll bet you say that to all the cops" :lol:, and the ipad = sweet :thumbsup:

i hope the blonde got well paid for performing for haskell

henry i think he's scared of hodges and knows to stay away from wendy or he'll have a bad day again like in field mice

the end where everyone is hearing nick is okay, i knew something was going to happen, it's like at the end of for gedda when they're all at breakfast together happy

when haskell was annoying the cop i was thinking he would kill the cop, get free, and be loose in the lab, that would have been quite a cliffhanger, he probably wouldn't of got very far but imagine the damage he could have done, it is tv after all

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

There was definitely a pool of blood to the side of Ray.

13. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

Too unbelievable. What? He was poked to death? That small point would have done nothing. Ray is too thick and large organs lie deep within the body. Even a punctured lung on a man that big is hard to phathom. They will have a hard time convincing me of anything else come next season.:)

14. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

In CSI's defense, it IS entirely plausible that you could be shiv'd to death by a poke in the side with the sharpened arm of glasses. There are numerous accounts of inmates killing other inmates with pencils, pens, toothbrushes, etc. If it's sharp enough (and it's not that hard to make sharp enough), and you go in between the ribs, you can kill a man, even a big man.

That was probably the only plausible moment in that scene, though. A serial killer like Mr. Noodle- I mean Haskell would NEVER be left 'alone' with a CSI. The dude was deemed dangerous enough to put a shock belt on, for crying out loud! Which, by the way, actually exists: it's a Stun Belt and LA uses them. If he's THAT dangerous, they'd lock him up, shackle his wrists and ankles to a belt, and then the floor.

But killing someone with the arm of your glasses? Yup. Can, has, does and will happen. Prison makes people come up with some pretty surprisingly inventive ways of killing other people. :(

15. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I've debated for a couple days about whether to respond to this, and since it still nags at me, I decided 'what the hell'.
    And I'm sorry that it is way off topic, BUT:

I joined this forum about 3 years ago, as I was intrigued by the GSR storyline and a fan of the show; but, I was continually attacked for my posts as a fan of Sara/Jorja and GSR. It wasn't a 'breath of fresh air' to me, but I decided to stick with it because I enjoy reading some of the diverse posts. It's a great forum for Nick fans; but my memory is still fresh about the harsh attacks on Sara/Jorja and GSR. I was really quite baffled as to why the attacks would get so ugly, and personal. But, since then I have become a veteran of several web sites, and have grown a harder shell.
    I suspect that if we get a Sara-centric episode next season, and hopefully get some GSR, that the attacks will surface again. Yes, I am well aware of the reasons some fans hate this pairing, and I don't want to get into that discussion here, but I am tolerant of things I don't like, and I hope to get the same respect here, though I'm not optimistic.
    I will say that this is one of the better moderated sites, and I appreciate that immensely, but it still is slightly biased. I have learned, I think, to co-exist, but I hope that posters will have the same respect for my favs and my viewpoints, as I try to for theirs.

Smokey, if you feel this is inappropriate and want to delete it, feel free; but I do feel a little better now to have gotten this off my chest. :)