"MEAT JEKYLL" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, May 15, 2010.

1. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

I am guessing by you ending this with a smiley face that even you don't believe this!! I concur - of course no one thinks that. All shows face this at about the 10 year itch.

Acknowledging that the show has peaked and is closer to the end of it;s run is in part WHY the leading actors, producers and some of the writers start to leave about now, which makes the processes to te end even more inevitable unless you are incredibly lucky and get a new spark of originality that re-invigorates that particular shows winning format.

A case in point is Stargate SG1 when Richard Dean Andersen left, they stumbled abit but then essentially re-invented the show with lots of simultaneous changes which changed the cast radically but they kept true to the tongue in cheek formula and humour of the show . ie They kept the soul of the show that made it popular and the change of faces were well chosen and were just different. Even so it did not run more longer. I think the switch to TV movie specials was great idea. I hope CS vegas does this.

CSI is abit lost at the moment it feels. Many of the original producers and writers have moved on and you can feel it. The new ones have not stamped their style on it.

I think you might as well just start again with a new setup. Otherwise the it turns into a soap.

Just for the record I thought this finale weak and predicable.Still watched it but, you know, nothing special.

The actor playing Nate Haskell was superb, stole the show. Class.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

But it's not losing viewers the finale had a 14.2 fan base, in the finale and who left beside Naren Shankar? I still see many of the original names in the credits each week. David Rambo, Dustin Lee Abraham, etc. If they are going to focus on the teams personal lives in S./11, that will be fantastic, for many fans who want to see that side of the show~

3. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

My animosity is directed in no way at Lawrence Fishbourne. It is, of course, solely the fault of the writers that his CHARACTER Ray Langston was written in poorly, and is still being written pretty badly (albeit less so than before).
    P.S. before people say it, I was never that into Grissom

4. kittydu

kittydu Hit and Run

So I finally see the episode today after a lot of problems with my internet ... And for me it was a good episode, Nate Haskell stole the show, he is really scary !!

The only think that got me confused was Henry ... he was acting really weird, I was trying to find like a reason.. you know maybe it was for Hodges and Wendy , but that did not match for me .. I dont find any reason for being like that ... so thats what I cant stop thinking .

sorry for my bad english :p

5. Desertwind

But Laurence Fishburne was not written in poorly just the opposite, they've done a sensational job with his character he's a fabulous, and the writers did good with him in all areas, he's incredible, so I don't understand what this even means:confused:

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I think it means it is someone's opinion. A lot of us do not think he was written in well with the team. I am with A. FineLabrats on the opinion of Ray. I have always like Laurence Fishburne, I just do not like the character he plays on Ray. I think he does a great job as an actor but the character himself leaves a lot to be desired.

7. Desertwind

This is true, it is someone's opinion but to me and this is my opinion I think this is one of the highlights of his magnificent career. I love the character and the actor as well. Every episode he's in is well written and he's on top of it all and works well with the entire team, and the show is still pulling in 14-15 millions fans, not because of him I'm not saying that it's because it's a well written show for the whole team~ And, he's everything I desire:bolian:

8. Washington Pride

Washington Pride Rookie

I really liked this eppy. I think the reason Raymond got so close to the Dick and Jane killer is because he was never aggressive towards him, so he probably trusted him not to attack (He was wrong I'm afraid :( ).I hope Raymond will be O.k. I really like him. I really liked how Nick was able to get the gun and kill Jekyll even though he was clearly in pain. I'm very glad he's O.k, and I bet all us fan girls are glad two :drool:

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

You know what they say about opinions. ;) Let's just respect everyone's here.

My thoughts on Henry...as I watched the episode today for about the 10th time (yeah, I know...only 10...I'm SO not a good fan! ;) ), I noticed that as Hodges and Wendy asked if he was coming with them, they got really close together and looked kind of googly eyed over each other. Henry was like, "Uh...no thanks", and I think it was because he didn't want to be around the lovebirds. At least, that's what *I* would have thought if it was me. :lol:

10. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

Only ten? I guess I have watched Nicky getting shot and him shooting Jekyll at least twenty EACH but the whole episode maybe five, twelve so far.:) I still think Henry was acting a little bit on the strange side...and I didn't attribute it to just the last part but the entire show. Rarely do we see that much of this lab rat, usually it is the others and I thought that was a little bit strange, as if maybe they wanted us to sense something strange.

See, I know there has to be a Mr Hyde....and I don't think it is HASKELL.

By the way ...Who was the officer that died? And did Dr Ray have different clothes on at the end of the show...in Nick's room? Looks like a different jacket but the same shirt. It is the details that make for a good fanfic.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Jekyll was the nice one, so what I'm thinking is maybe Jekyll was actually Dimasa senior and Charlie was Hyde. Or Charlie was both. He was pretending to be nice around his father (till the very end) but all the while was killing people. Or Charlie was Jekyll (with a daddy complex that caused him to kill- what a weak motive- give me a break- but at least bleach wasn't the trigger lol) and Haskell was the real monster (Hyde).

Haskell is one creepy guy though. He goaded the officer into stunning him just so he'd fall and break his glasses so he could use his glasses as a weapon against Langston. Man, how many times did he stab him? I think it was at least four right in the kidney it looked like.

Nicky was awesome playing dead and then looking at Ray and Ray knowing just what to do to draw Charlie out so Nick could shoot him. Nice teamwork there.

I didn't think anything was weird with Henry. Just that he didn't want to be around Hodges and Wendy. He has a crush on Wendy and he's noticed that Wendy wants Hodges and I think Henry feels that being around them anymore than he has to is just going to cause him pain.

I didn't think Cath's words to Jim was that bad considering he made that remark about her father, which she basically let go. But I wasn't crazy about what Ray said to Brass. Then again they were all at their wits end trying to catch Jekyll, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. :)

Funniest part in the episode:

Cath: Oh, I know Marty. I used to sit in his lap back in the day.
    Greg: When you were a little girl?
    Cath: No... when I was a big girl.
    (Everyone grins) :lol:

12. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Seriously! Who in their right mind would want to even be around a couple that is just getting their feet wet in a relationship. I know I wouldn't, so I can see why Henry would act the way he did. He knew he was going to be the third wheel. Awkward!

Now I don't have the pleasures of having a DVR to rewatch the finale or certain scenes, so forgive me if I'm wrong here, but wasn't Haskell cuffed inside the cell as well?? At least earlier on in the episode? And if he was...then how did he manage not to be in the end to grab Langston?

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

When his glasses broke, I supposed he could have somehow used a piece of them to pick the lock. :shrugs:

14. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

That's what I was thinking. That he used them to pick the lock of his cuffs and then stab Ray.
    But, at the end, we saw him without his glasses. He was in the infirmary one would assume. Where did he hide the shiv? Makes you go hmmmm???

And since Charlie DiMassi was Dr. Jekyll, the nice one. And Mr. Hyde is his alter ego, who would be Charlies alter ego? His father? Haskell? Which I actually like the idea of.
    Henry was brought up, but somehow I don't think it's Henry.

Ray would be a good choice, since we know about his violent temper and his The Fish will be back next season.

15. Zipster

Zipster Witness

I agree :) The first season he was very poorly directed, I think he's coming into his own now - but you're dead right about opinions..

I raised the issue only becasue it just eats me that people feel the need (occasionally and not often here thankfully) to be deeply offensive to an actor.

It's the sole reaosn I refuse to post and even read the NY Section of this forum.

Rock on! :thumbsup: