Flack/Monroe #2 - It's a Block Party Thing!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by CSI_Watcher_8, Jul 12, 2006.

1. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Hey guys,

It appears that this thread has turned into a friendship thread instead of a pairing thread. This thread is NOT about the friendship of Flack and Lindsay but about shipping them as a couple. This is not the first thread this has happened in either. If you wish to talk about Flack and Lindsay as just friends, please take up that discussion in either the Flack thread or the Lindsay thread in the NY forum.

Thanks.

2. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I think it's still a shipper thread (that's at least how I understood the others in here) but maybe we could indeed go back to actually discussing the chemistry they share. Because even though my OTP is definitely DL, I have to admit there's definitely been a lot of chemistry between Flack and Lindsay as well, at least in the past (which possibly is the reason why I ship them as an OT3 with Danny, man, that'd also be nice to discuss somewhere...). Especially the scene Maya mentioned from People With Money had some nice tension. I mean, the wink and the grin. ;) Pretty nice I have to say... I think Flack also had his fun with her, like when she told the story about there being a curse on the house in Cool Hunter. :lol:

3. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Well, I thought I was talking about them more as a couple than as friends. Recognizing the unlikelihood of this pairing to appear in canon (at this stage, anyway, not that I've stopped crossing my fingers) doesn't make me any less of a shipper; they're still the only two main-characters I can picture buying as an actual couple. And friendship and dynamic are an important part of any relationship. Flack/Lindsay having their own dynamic outside of Danny is important because it's easy grounds to base a ship on -- whether Danny's there or not (and tons of times, the FM Radio snarky dynamic has gone on even when DL are in off-again phase), they'll still be the same around each other. Which I heart.

But I guess to make this even more shippy...yes, fabulous tension in People with Money :lol:. And we need more bantering exactly like that! It's unbearably cute how Lindsay may be the only person who Flack doesn't quite let tease him/pick on him, but does let her get away with it when she does it. At least, that's what I'm sticking to until I see him get her back for the "doll" thing in "Sex, Lies, Silicone" :p Then I'll come up with a new theory. Have we ever seen him get her back for any of her teasing? I think we've seen him want to -- not quite the same thing :lol: -- but he might still one day.

4. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Just a note, we're getting close to the 1000th post again.

I think since the beginning they have their own dynamik. It's always nice to watch. I just wish they had more scenes. I also like how often they seem to mirror each other's facial expressions. :lol: You ever paid attention to their faces? And even though they didn't have that many scenes together yet, I really like how they're sharing smiles sometimes. It's just such an easy going, interesting chemistry they have. Also he really has to not threaten with taking revenge, he actually should have done that already! :lol: But who knows, maybe one day we'll get to see it. I just wonder what he'd do? What could Flack do to pay her back for her amazing show? :lol:

5. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

*cheers* Aw, we are almost at a thousand! (Lol, not that I helped much, but still yay! :alienblush::lol:)

Just watched "Buzzkill" on DVD -- Flack/Lindsay had a semi-interrogation scene together, I remembered that before, but I so didn't remember them spending half of it shooting glances at each other. ;) Which they did! They were so much on the same level, it's like they were just looking at each other to know what the other was thinking...okay, that's what I think they call chemistry. (It kind of reminded me of the way they were interrogating that kid's dad in "Stealing Home", they did the exact same thing.) If tptb had gone that route, I could really believe that there was something strong there between FM. No sarcastic bantering, unfortunately, so boo -- but they had it in "Charge of this Post", so I'm pacified :D

Like in "Personal Foul"! Or in "Sex, Lies, Silicone", when they first walked into that doll store -- only there, I think it might've been more because she overheard him asking the doll what her "sign" was, and was laughing at him. Oh my gosh, her little stunt out on the street was so coming in advance; she'd clearly had his reaction to the dolls on his mind most of that day :lol:

6. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

That's what I meant. ;) All those glances. Did they even look at the people they were interrogating? :lol: Not so much I guess. I remember that look from Stealing Home. And her grin in Sex, Lies And Silicone was awesome. :lol: They have an amazing way to interact with each other. And I still wonder why Flack called her his wife in that scene. :lol: He could have said everything, but he said that. This is a really brilliant scene and I'm so happy they did it. The whole episode was funny, but this was the best moment of it.

7. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Well of course I don't think it has to be said that I can see them as a couple but that doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about how they affect each other in non-romance situtations either. Couple to me is about the affects you have on each other. But doesn't mean they should be in a bubble either. ok I've said enough on that.

If not repeating making a scene in front of strangers then I think Flack should make a scene for her in front of the team some how. Maybe he could tease her about marrying Danny instead of him & how it hurt his feelings, joking of course.

I don't know why but when I see them together on sceen I just think Romantic Comedy. I wonder why that is?

8. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

BUMP!

They shared a scene last week with Danny. Plus this week Lindsay teased Flack about using certain words in the same sentance. Glad to finally see them together even just for a second or two.

9. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ I know, right? :lol::lol: That moment was totally one of the ones that made the episode for me: fun, warm, so cute it was scary -- and it's been forever since their last moment (Dead Reckoning, if I'm remembering right). I was glad to see they still had at least a little of their mock-y banter between them, I was starting to think it wouldn't ever come back ;)

10. Nick3167

Nick3167 Rookie

Flack and Monroe WHAT???? NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN She is to good for him PLUS Monroe and Messer are Married HELLO SHE IS NOT THE CHEATING KIND.

11. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

I think you misunderstand what we are talking about. I don't think her character on the show would do that but I can pretend it can happen at some point or other. That is the point of shipping. It isn't that it is going to happen rather it's the it could or might happen & why we feel they should. Sorry if you don't like this pairing as much as others here but if your just going to bash them then please don't post in this thread. But thank you for coming.

12. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I know CSI_Watcher_8 already replied, but to add my own two cents: I don't think this thread is here to suggest that they absolutely will get together on the show (although explaining how much more I'd prefer them to D/L is like dividing by zero). I think it's here to discuss the moments they have in canon and to talk about what they might be like as a couple. That's my understanding, anyway.

Also think you might've gotten lost, ending up here. Shipper Central rules are pretty clear on not entering a thread just to bash the pairing or characters.

13. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Ok, I don't think that was called for. There is no need for anyone to come into a thread to bash the ship. If you don't like the ship/have anything constructive to say about them, then there is no need to come into their thread and post posts like that! This is thread where fans can come and talk about them, it's not a debate thread. If you wish to debate this ship it should be done so here, in the NY debate thread.

Thank you, now back to Flack and Lindsay.
    Steph.

14. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

*waves hand* I know why their scenes make me think that (Romantic Comedy) -- with very few exceptions, their interactions almost always make me grin, if not LOL outright. :guffaw: They'd be hilarious together.

15. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

So glad others see it that way too. With this new screen time together maybe TPTB realizes it's ok to pair them together again. They are the best at creating those moments that relax & make us laugh with the show so it's not so serious all the time.