CSI: Miami is moving to Sunday at 10PM!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by srqmiamifan, May 19, 2010.

1. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I will stay faithfully watch it on Sunday nites...am not looking foward to the delays though..

2. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I hope so because I like CSI Miami and CSI NY in the time slots they are currently in just fine. I don't understand the reason for replacing shows that are doing perfectly well in the time slots they already have for the new shows.

3. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I'm with both of you. I like the CSI shows right where they are. But if I had to pick one they could move, I'd pick CSI: NY. In my opinon, CSI: NY has been going downhill since the last episode of its 4th season. This last episode of CSI: NY that aired is the best one I've seen since the season 4 episode "Taxi". CSI: Miami, on the other hand, has got their act together this season, in my opinion. I'd be hard pressed to name a CSI: Miami season 8 episode I haven't liked. If they do move CSI: Miami and CSI: NY, I wish they'd put original CSI in one of those time slots. I've been watching original CSI on ON DEMAND because I keep forgetting about it on Thursday nights until anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour after it's went off. ON DEMAND shows the 4 most recent episodes. I have watched all 4 more than twice. Good show. I gotta start remembering to watch it on Thursday nights. CSIMandy, I'm like you. I hope CBS reconsiders it decision to move CSI: Miami. I could live with CSI: NY being moved. But CSI: Miami...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

4. Nick3167

Nick3167 Rookie

I am happy it is moving to Sundays Ican't stand the show and I figure ( no offence to those who actually like it ) it will phase out in due time

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't think Miami will be on Sundays for very long. I just saw a preview of Hawaii 5-0 and it doesn't look very promising. :lol: So I'm thinking that Miami will be moved back to Mondays where it belongs before next season is over.

6. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Dang! I've really been looking forward to seeing Hawaii Five-0. I hope CBS gives them the time to find their feet.

They've certainly given CSI Miami enough rope to hang themselves in the last 4 years.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'll probably try Hawaii 5-0 if for no other reason than for Alex O'Loughlin ( :drool: ), but it really didn't look that good from what I saw. :lol: I never watched "Three Rivers" because I don't really care much for hospital shows. :lol:

8. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Even if Hawaii Five-0 fails to perform well in the ratings I doubt that CBS is willing to relocate CSI:Miami back to Monday nights.I think that they really want to launch some new shows in this timeslot as CSI:Miami is a veteran show with not many seasons left in it's tank.

9. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

None of the new CBS shows look that promising to me. I could barely watch the clips they were so bad! Seems pretty risky to be placing all their bets on unproven shows.

10. JLo10131121

JLo10131121 Witness

I love CSI Miami, but this whole season, I didn't watch except when Eric was on, and quite frankly, even those times, i taped it, and watched Castle live. IMO, Castle's the better show. It might be a good move, but even if they do decide to move it back to Mondays I'll still be watching Castle over Miami. Castle just has my heart strings. Miami doesn't. I can totally skip an ep or two of Miami and not go crazy. Castle - nope.

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I think that the possible delays to the show because of sports,especially football, will have a negative impact on the show and ratings.I never missed an episode this season or the last several seasons,but if it's delayed too late on Sunday,I will have to if it's before a Monday that I work. I also will miss an episode because I work one Sunday evening per schedule.Monday was perfect for me but now I may just use that hour for reading unless I get into a new show. I will still follow the show as well as I'm able on a regular basis.

12. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I'm thinking you're probably right, greatfan. I watched pretty much every episode this season live, with the exception of any episode that I knew would be E/C heavy and I wouldn't be able to easily fastforward through their "moments". Those were recorded and most not watched at all.

If E/C continues to be the focus next season then there is no way I'm going to waste my time, or space on my DVR, with CSI Miami.

I fully intend to give Hawaii Five-0 a good chance. I'll either record that one and watch Castle, or the other way around. Castle holds a special place in my heart. Not only is it a fantastic show, it was a life saver for avoiding all the E/C nomance.

With CSI Miami moving to Sunday nights, as I've said before, Sunday nights are usually reserved for getting ready for the week ahead. Washing, cleaning, cooking. While I could record it, I'm just not interested in working that hard with where the show appears to be heading.

If E/C is not the focus next season, I'll probably work at watching and keeping up. After devoting 8 years to this show - from the very first episode - it would be sad to walk away now. But I will and I certainly won't look back if they continue with the focus of the last half of season 8.

13. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I was thinking about Betty White hosting SNL-(Saturday Night Live). It gave me an ideal.
    I figure if Facebook can get Betty White on SNL-(Saturday Night Live), it can keep CSI: Miami on Monday nights. Here's a link to the "Keep CSI: Miami On Monday Night" page I started at Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Keep-CSI-Miami-On-Monday-Night/122824607752165?v=wall . If you have a Facebook account, come and join by hitting the like button. If you don't have a Facebook account, start one. It's free and easy.

14. Kiane

Kiane Lab Technician

I agree. And Hawaii Five O looks like it has potential with its cast. I think it will be a keeper.
    The blame lays at the incompetence of the CSI Miami writers steering away from what made the show work as a whole, which was a team unit fighting crime, instead they turned it into predictable drivel and melodrama.

15. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

To me they're trying to turn it into some type of soap opera drama....lol.....They lost me when they never stuck with Horatios bckgrnd.......I for one would love to know about his NY days........

As far as Hawaii 5-0 goes....I love Alex O' Laughlin......He had a great show in Moonlight until CBS got stupid.....I still say if it hadn't been for thr strike it along with other shows may not have been axed.....

We'll c what happensa with the move but....usually a show gets axed after being moved from a strong slot to a different one....they can also leave NY where it belongs........

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010