Grade 'Point of View'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 19, 2010.

?

How would you grade Point of View?

1. A+

8 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. A

19 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. A-

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. B+

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  5. B

7 vote(s)
    10.8%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  7. C+

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. C

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  9. C-

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  10. D+

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  12. D-

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  13. F

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

she's from, oh, about 8-9 miles from where i live; gillian (mac's short lived interest in s5) was from very near here too; and so was someone else they lined up for mac at some point i think - it's a very small world anyway. but i agree - there is this thing where americans, especially in media, seem to think we all talk like the queen. i'm a londoner (although grew up round cambridge) and i sure as hell don't! good old estuary all the way for me :lol: - it really bothers me actually, english (and british) regional accents are wonderful, there are so many lovely ones, it'd be nice to see some variation across the pond, some yorkies or geordies or welsh or mancs or scouse or whatever. but i guess that's for a different discussion thread. suffice it to say i agree with you :)

2. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

How? I could see the point if Lindsay was all surprised that Flack knew the word "altercation", but she was commenting on the odd word out. Mac did the same thing back in S1 when Stella used "gooey" in the middle of a forensic analysis.

3. Tequesta

Tequesta Rookie

Mac was uber-creepy in this episode-spying on a couple of teenage kids making out? For someone who's been stalked in the past, I would've thought he'd avoid this kind of thing. And why was he on a case if he was clearly in pain? Why doesn't he just do what normal people do, and stay in bed and feel sorry for themselves? He should've just had a minor appearance in this episode, at the most, and it would've been enough. I do like Mac, but he's kinda 'in you face' this season, and kind of a one track 'yeah I'm Super!Mac'.

The appearance of Peyton was...interesting. And not in a good way. If I was Stella, I woulda b****-slapped the hell out of her instead of hugging her. And Mac is such a guy-I don' give two hoots about his love life, but I'd prefer Aubrey over Peyton for him anytime.

On the plus side, lots of Adam being all geeky, and Flack/Danny interaction, too :D

And who dressed Lindsay? She used to dress so cutely, too...

I gave this episode a C.

4. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Claire Forlani (Peyton) is pregnant I thought. The clothes were very wide and she looked healthier, with a few pounds more.

5. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

OH GAAA Please Dont say that! We dont need another CSI baby:rolleyes:

I'm with you on that! Remember how quick Stella got defensive when Peyton banned her from the coroner office in Raising Shane? She over reacted to the demand suggesting to me they did not have such a close relationship.

And by the way what IS the final conclusion to the "Love triangle" any way? Aubrey is just a friend and Peyton was held at arms length sooo.. who wins the "desires" of Macs heart?:lol::rolleyes:

Lucy! :lol:

6. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

I have hears in an interview, Mac will have a big Relationship with a new person.

7. CSI17

CSI17 Hit and Run

I gave it an A.

- Loved how the episode started, with the chasing. :drool: Yeah, I found it extremely funny when the suspect is zooming down the stairs and Mac is taking a slow ride down the elevator. :lol::lol:

- Flack saving the day. :adore:

- ADORABLE ADAM.

- I kinda missed Peyton. She was a teensy, weensy, bit funny in this episode. :p

- Super Mac. I love it. So hot. :lol:

- Close your blinds, people. Peeping Toms are all over.

- If you're going to make out with your boyfriend, don't do it in your apartment, in your living room, on your couch, with the blinds open. The door may be locked, but your mother has the key, dear. :rolleyes:

- Awwwe, Mac and Stella. Good, good, good friends. :)

- Stell! Don't hug Peyton! She broke up with Mac through a letter! :lol:

- Poor birdie.

- Danny, Flack and the suspect at the roof. :drool::drool::drool:

P.S I have a question. So, Mac and Aubrey aren't dating? 'Cause when Peyton askes Mac if he likes her, he says their only friends. :confused: But they've been eating out together and stuff, right? Sorry, haven't been on a date before so I wouldn't know how it works. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  8. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

I gave it an A.

Officially I'm a SMacked fan.

However, I have no hatred feelings against Peyton. I liked the scenes they shared and how he asked if she's jealous, then she punch him by the arm when he says good. It was hilarious.

And the most significant thing in this episode is the scene where Stella is in Mac's apartment. As he ask did she brought him anything else, and her being so cruel to him. :lol: Both are great friends and wonderful partner. They are here for each other and took care of one another. Those were of immeasurable value and worth!

Overall, the episode was given an A. The case was okay for me.

CAPTIVATING! :)

9. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I guess when you date Mac Taylor you better like food!!:lol:

By the way being a Smack fan aside would you not expect Mac to have Stella in his contacts since he calls her for work related stuff? I mean my cell automaticlly relays who is calling if there in my contacts and sometimes when Mac answers his phone without hearing her voice and just says Stella? suggests to me he saw her name on the screen so whoever created the phone log forgot to put Stella in the "B" contact list. :)

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  10. Queenie

Queenie Witness

STELLA!!! :bolian:

That's what I was thinking and I'm now quoting myself....

Aubrey being just a friend makes Stella look one heck of a lover! :devil: :guffaw:

So yeah I'm with you on that. Also little bit confused about this all.

11. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

:lol:

Right. So. Caught this ep on the fly more than able to sit down to watch. And I say that cos there hasta be some explanation, and that might be part of why, ...dang it, ...I liked the ep :wtf::lol:. I'd been holding an ambivalent trepidation with this one, hoping for the best and dreading the worst, and it surprised me. It came down on the side I'd hoped it would.

Peyton's return was tied up firmly in a case, suds were minimal. Not bad for overhyped Bermuda issues. :p.

That's not to say the ep didn't suffer NY's usual tendencies. The premise of the ep, the Rear Window nod, was obviously an idea so favored in teh writers' room that the content was firmly hammered into place to serve it, denting logic and consistency along the way. So long as that was understood from the outset, the ep flew well within that envelope, and therein was fun and entertaining. Knowing the Rear Window vibe, it was also an ep I was prepared to accept simply as a ride, and wasn't taking it very seriously. Mebbe I mighta felt differently had I not been multitasking w/ other things and just been sitting there watching, but, eh, it's one of a rare few this season I wouldn't mind seeing again.

So. I came in after the first teaser chase was already well under way, at the point where Mac didn't tell the guy to turn around and kneel with his hands atop his head fingers interlaced etc to cuff him, no, in order to have Mac laid up, he got tossed. It seems even that's not enough for some people, who have commented that Mac never gets hurt, always get his man etc :p. Here he was injured, didn't still get up or roll over to take a shot etc, and the dude got away. Fallible Mac, or a step in the right direction. Seemed this one was a victory scored by the anonymous redshirt crewmen in catching the guy. Last word, with Danny going from 10% to walking in four eps, I'm glad the show at least had Mac still laid up at home a week later, limping, wincing and wearing a cast :lol:

For that matter. I was also impressed that NY acknowledged the passing of time with a subtitle :p.

Goal achieved, by the first act Mac was marooned in his apt., and I thought it was interesting he didn't seem to want to be a workaholic while at home, with his response to the paperwork Stella brought him. There was a disappointing and blase exchange between them about Shane Casey and Danny etc., and so passed the last real opportunity to address that before the finale rolls around. The rest of their exchange was fun and a good illustration of their friendship and ease. Was a scene that had some good character tidbits mixed into the opportunity to showcase their dynamic; Mac not knowing what really went on during daylight hours, that orange chicken seemed a reasonable (nay, fabulous) breakfast to them, that Mac was grounded every other weekend, and that he was, cast-impeded or perhaps just generally, chopstick challenged (I don't see Stella so suffering, somehow :lol:). Also had the first introduction of more premise establishment hammered into place, voyeurism/surveillance. A bit uncomfortable. Necessary to set the plot underway, and so what are ya gonna do. I would suggest however, dude, buy a frickin teevee if ya don't have one among yer toys.

Mac, of course, alone witnessed the suspicious exchange, but I think that was also necessary to make the unravelling of it more interesting than if Stella had also been in the room at that point.

The homicide scene quickly followed with the so-called human-canary, and things were underway.

Lindsay. Neither cute nor funny. But can see the opportunities the writers are trying to provide.

First suspect, first interrogation scene. F*ck me. Was that Danny, ...inna real shirt? And a jacket??? :lol: Mebbe I was imagining things. Was certain I saw him in a white shirt though, and seeming a bit less scruffy. Also a step in the right direction.

Mac and Adam provided more fun, and I always like what the two near polar opposite personalities bring out in scenes together. More tidbits in Joe Namath and an antique ball chain machine. Random but fun, and it's probable that Adam would be the only character to notice or say anything about either. Lol'd literally at Adam's "...was he dead?" line, when Mac recognized the face of the homicide victim in the file, having seen him earlier.

Aaaaaand, Peyton made her silent, grand entrance. Dun dun dunnnnnh. And here I grew apprehensive as to where the show was gonna go ...and here I was surprised. I dunno why, three years after the fact, Mac would still have her old number on his phone. Regardless. I thought how she was brought in was interesting, as was Mac tracking her down somehow. He definitely is reaching out more. Inverse to Rear Window's Jeff, Mac was also now anything but a passive observer, consigned to paperwork, the transition to active participant was made.

I liked the jousting between Peyton and Mac, and the mutual semi-interrogation, which on Mac's part then became more pointed beyond the personal, or rather, was heightened because it was personal to him, because Peyton was involved. I thought there was also some humor, and a rather snappy play back and forth in how their early scenes went down, it did feel like there was a familiarity and ease that resurfaced. Peyton also didn't bow under Mac's early barrage, and stood her ground. Good.

Ep proceeded, poison determined. Peyton's character was then used to push the story forward, essentially investigating on Mac's behalf by phone. Liked the acknowledgement of the issue of voyeurism & spying, complete to "...not even a misdemeanor":p. Even as Peyton herself played a part in furthering the investigation, still an ME after all, she continued to resist jumping to any conclusions and defended Kevin. I liked that the show had Peyton as the voice to counter Mac, and made him work to prove his interpretation of his observations. I didn't really have any issue with Peyton lifting prints etc., surely she'd been to enough crime scenes to have picked up a few things herself. Didn't have issues with Stella and Peyton's greeting. Not after three frickin years :lol: Close or not. They seemed friendly enough in eps like People With Money etc. Whatever. Wasn't something that bothered me. The bewildered expression that flickered across Stella's face initially was fun though :p.

Onto the wasps. Trained wasps. Who knew. Wasn't expecting that, and while far-fetched, it was different, which I appreciated, and mebbe had a kernal of truth within the notion, tho liberties were no doubt taken. Was also good to see Peyton mixed in with the whole team thru out the ep. Liked that Adam was on the spot again :lol:.

Bye bye birdie was discovered, of course, and hello Sheldon, never a dull moment for you these days. Sarin pinpointed, but not yet if it was accidental or murder. Answered soon enough with the discovery of Hedge Island and the Germ Lab.

I'd guessed that sooner or later Mac was gonna be noticed himself, and hoped the show might keep him a bit more in the realm of Jeff in terms of being vulnerable. But. Well. No :lol:. Of course not. Hot head Mac wasn't arming for defense after being spotted, he was trying to pick up the chase by heading to the apt. where they'd just said that inadvertantly encountering a single drop of the poison could kill you in seconds, and oh yeah the warrant had only been requested moments before. I suppose it wouldn't be the first time a warrant was jumped. So. What are ya gonna do. Ground him and the writers for the weekend I suppose :p.

Conservatory. Buy a vowel. :p. Anyone who didn't fill that in within a nanosecond... :lol: but well done Adam. Man he does bring such a spark to episodes. I hope he's in more next season. Next plot mallets, foregone conclusion the Conservatory would conveniently be housing the charity event Peyton was to be attending with Scott.

Regardless of the predictability on that front, it prompted a change of pace in scoring for the ep, which I liked and appreciated. Not only in being different in tone for NY, but also in mixing the event onscreen with the soundtrack. Nice to hear some strings get some focus too.

Flack, Danny and Mac, and then Peyton undertook to find Scott. The ep didn't push matters by having Mac himself in pursuit but using the security cameras instead, and directed Flack and Danny as they chased the - ...crap, was gonna call him an "unsub" :lol: Suppose that's also cos, beyond Charge of his Post, the ep reminded me of CM's S4 ep, Amplification.

The ep ended cyclically on a few levels. Mac got tossed from height to start the ep, it ends in another confrontation up high. Mac got bullrushed, Flack got a face full of grit. No ubercops in this one. Even gave Danny a bit to do there for a change. Ep also ended back in Mac's apt., to end as it began watching window teevee.

Interim, was kinda disappointed that Scott was a rather conventional raving extremist with a prototypical mission statement. Not as substantial a role as I was perhaps expecting Gale Harold to have. He turned out to be surprisingly un-menacing. There were two moments I'd hoped he might get more to do within, where I wondered what more he might be capable of, a) where Peyton was snooping and nearly caught, and b) where Mac was snooping, and was spotted. It mighta been interesting to push the potential dark edge a bit further, to feel some sense of danger for them more. Rear Window was a thriller, and while the ep was fun, a thriller it was not.

In closing out the ep. I liked that the crap manner in which the show ended the relationship and cleared it from the decks in S3/4 was addressed. I liked there was an apology, that we got to finally see a chink in Mac's shell in that he did have some deep feelings tucked away about it all, though he was never given material that really addressed them till now. Liked also that Peyton still stood on her own even within that acknowledgment. Thought Claire Forlani did well with helping tidy up the writers' mess with all that, not the friendliest or easiest place to play from, but probably a fun challenge nonetheless. Pulled it off well.

Was a minor *burn* moment in the non-kiss :lol: and a rather fun follow up after the fact. Did feel bad Aubrey was mentioned as "just a friend," and wasn't sure if that was more a deflective comment, especially as Peyton hinted that they'd started out the same way and perhaps knew better what that could mean. Guess we'll find out in S7, unless the decks simply get cleared again. Tended to read that scene as one more of closure than possibly starting something anew. Noncomittal, and not surprised to see the show take that route. Glad all the triangle stuff was hugely overhyped for what made it onscreen. Have to say that while I still don't like the notion of a triangle, that Aubrey's introduction & integration, and Peyton's return were concisely & well written. A good dynamic on both fronts as played this season, and thankfully minimal suds. And this ep was contained. Not much to be left hanging about here. Another step in the right direction.

Thought it was fun to do an ep inspired by Rear Window. The paradox of compartmentalized urban isolation. The film had a nurse named Stella, and we had colleague Stella here :p. I suppose the show and the movie both had noncomittal issues :lol:. Liked the instances the show took advantage of scoring opportunities. I don't think the ep was meant to be a deep homage but a fun and entertaining nod. I liked that it seemed to consist of two halves, Mac's observations and suspicions, and the actual homicide, both worked to somehow meet in the middle. The pacing was decent, and my interest didn't flag, perhaps because I was doing more than just sitting there watching it :p. I liked the ep being different from the usual in reach and style, even if it fell prey to some of its' usual tendencies.

Was far more than I was hoping for from this one. I was unexpectedly entertained. Would take a second viewing perhaps to figure if it was as easily consumed as it seemed to be.

Graded it in the high B realm.

I know.

Surprised the absolute f*ck outta me too :lol: :p

I only hope the finale manages to surprise me in an equally pleasant way.

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I rarely watch NY, but not because I do't like it, usually not around , but did watch this one. Poor Mac falling down and crashing and cracking his ribs, and then watching neighbors through his windows. I shut my blinds at night, so that was weird, and the old Movie "Rear Window" w/ Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly came to mind. It was intriguing and what was going on, with that one guy kept my interest. The Peyton gal, and Mac seem to sizzle and are I assume romantically involved. The poor little bird, and the ending on the roof, what another creep-show. in his mind it was worthwhile, poisoning people with that Serin gas, isn't it always with crazy loons? Throughly enjoyable~

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

They used to be involved, but then she sent him a "Dear John" letter ending their relationship. This is the first time he's seen or heard from her since then and I think it's been a couple of years.

14. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

Why is everyone reading so mush into the she's just a friend line. :confused: Mac is a very private and closed off person. Now it has been months in real time since they meet, but in csi ny time it has only been a couple of weeks. Mac is not going to rush into anything with Aubrey or refer to her as a girlfriend after just a couple of dinners. Is Payton going to stick around? Who knows, but any of you who are going to follow next ( and most likely last) season will find out who he chooses, after all this is a soap opera isn't it.:lol:

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yeah they really do bring out great things in each other. i'm not sure about the polar opposites thing though, maybe in terms of character but i think they're both fairly well established as science fanboys so there is some common ground there too :) poor old adam, having trouble with touching things! and i swear there was a moment there where mac channelled austin, i'm always on the lookout for those :D

hehe, me too :D:lol:

yep, it was interesting how mac was so direct about it too i thought - i'm sure it would've been just as plausible to have him find out more about why she was there in a kind of underhanded way and then shock her with it and although i suppose tracking down her number and then calling her to say "hey! i can see you!" was maybe a tad underhanded and creepy it was at least pretty direct and shifted things from passive to active quite nicely.

a familiarity with the material <3 ;) seriously though (and all TW quoting aside :(), i agree - i never thought they had any chemistry in s3, but in this ep they really kinda did, and it was a nice surprise!

well there was that and also he sent peyton over to examine the birdcage very shortly after the poison had been administered, which made me wonder if he was actually hoping she'd inhale it or something and was some kind of crazy revenge for such a mean dumping in s4 ;)

definitely, i totally agree.

yeah maybe, although he did seem to jump into bed with peyton quite fast at the start of s3! given that flack's injuries from COTP were quoted in people with money as being weeks ago and we'd never heard of peyton until that point, i don't think he's necessarily one to hang around ;)

on the other hand we haven't seen any actual action whatsoever between mac and aubrey so yeah, maybe they are just friends, but addressing a letter asking someone out for dinner to "the beautiful brunette" doesn't strike me as something you'd do if they were just a friend. who knows though?:lol: